G20 agrees to raise corporate taxes 15% that will fuel inflation.

Do you think this will fuel hyperinflation

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I don’t care as long as the rich get screwed

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Of course not, but the problem here is that the OP [or anyone for that matter] doesn't make that claim anywhere tommy
/----/ Like a broken watch, Tommy is right twice a day. My original post was incorrect. I made a typo with 20% tax. Tommy pointed it out, and I changed it to 15%.

This is 15% additional tax compounded on to everything else.

And the victims received roads and bridges and school before the punishment was administered- and will receive it afterwards even if they leave the industry rather than submitted to the proposed financial assrapery.

So the two matters aren't related in the least.
Well your first assertion is wrong.

And secondly all of the infrastructure is an ongoing cost to the public purse. You seem to be advocating that corporations should be exempt from taxes unlike the rest of us. Why should you or I shoulder the burden |for Ford or Amazon ?

Well your first assertion is wrong.

And secondly all of the infrastructure is an ongoing cost to the public purse. You seem to be advocating that corporations should be exempt from taxes unlike the rest of us. Why should you or I shoulder the burden |for Ford or Amazon ?

Because the activities of Ford and Amazon help the public good.

And if you financially assrape them, they will reduce their activities.

Did you see what happened when the government literally crucified the Big Tobacco executives with exorbitant taxation? The amount of smoking plummeted. Now that was arguably a societal benefit as there are exponentially fewer cigarette butts on our public streets. But this is not.

The result of this will either be passing the costs on to the customers or cutting down production or both.

Because the activities of Ford and Amazon help the public good.

And if you financially assrape them, they will reduce their activities.

Did you see what happened when the government literally crucified the Big Tobacco executives with exorbitant taxation? The amount of smoking plummeted. Now that was arguably a societal benefit as there are exponentially fewer cigarette butts on our public streets. But this is not.

The result of this will either be passing the costs on to the customers or cutting down production or both.
Other companies will fill the. gap. Companies that will pay their fair share. Before this agreement, these corporate bandits could move to a low tax country. Now they cant. That is a good thing.
There are still hurdles to overcome but this is a good thing.

Other companies will fill the. gap. Companies that will pay their fair share. Before this agreement, these corporate bandits could move to a low tax country. Now they cant. That is a good thing.
There are still hurdles to overcome but this is a good thing.

Other companies didn't "fill in the gap" when cigarette production fell at British American and Philip Morris.

They will most likely just reduce operations to keep their tax bills within reason.

I don't know if such an atrocity will fuel hyperinflation, but its still a bad idea.

Taxing the hell out of something is the surest way to get less of it.

When the states wanted to discourage cigarette smoking , they implemented huge new taxes and were successful.

Now they want to decrease income and wealth, and they'll be successful with that too, if they can implement this.
If it is a flat tax, my view is that it is a bad idea. If write-offs are allowed, I don't think that the tax will affect inflation.

Other companies didn't "fill in the gap" when cigarette production fell at British American and Philip Morris.

They will most likely just reduce operations to keep their tax bills within reason.
Tobacco is widely available. Taxation has not affected its availability one iota. Are you struggling to buy your fags ?

Too bad we no longer have a president in office who fights to protect Americans from getting hosed like this. But hey, no more mean tweets.
Taxes don't raise inflation.
And if you don't tax and just [deficit] spend, you will cause inflation.
Such as the unpaid for/unneeded Trump tax cut.

`

I don't get why some people condemn global corporate tax on a certain level. That means that corporations won't look for tax havens and will keep their money home. How can tax dodging be justified?

Forum List

Back