Funny What We Don't See Here

What did the kid do to deserve this beating?

The police affidavit states Mitchell (one of the assholes who attacked him) told police the attack was a result of the built-up animosity over "the victim's perceived behavior to some of their female acquaintances."

Funniest post of the year!
I’ve never fought a black man, but when I was playing intramural football in college, I ran right over three black linemen to sack the quarterback In the first game. When they got up I heard one of them say “ watch out for dat big white boy” Now it wasn’t really fair, I had been playing in the Army where I played with and against guys who played Varsity in high school, college and semi-pro ball. They were used to playing against high school kids. Blacks are no tougher than whites. It all comes down to condition and training, not genetics.

Difference? I blame these white punk thugs for this... not anyone Black or anyone else not involved. Had it been black youth doing this and you would have blamed it on "white society" or white people. I dont see anyone making excuses for these punks actions.
That's because white racism does impact the mental well being of black people. That's a fact. And it must be considered when you talk about people of color. You don't face it every day of your life so you dismiss it, because you don't know how it feels when you are subjected to it..

“Bryant-Davis and Ocampo (2005) noted similar courses of psychopathology between rape victims and victims of racism. Both events are an assault on the personhood and integrity of the victim. Similar to rape victims, race-related trauma victims may respond with disbelief, shock, or dissociation, which can prevent them from responding to the incident in a healthy manner. The victim may then feel shame and self-blame because they were unable to respond or defend themselves, which may lead to low self-concept and self-destructive behaviors. In the same study, a parallel was drawn between race-related trauma victims and victims of domestic violence. Both survivors are made to feel shame over allowing themselves to be victimized. For instance, someone who may have experienced a racist incident may be told that if they are polite, work hard, and/or dress in a certain way, they will not encounter racism. When these rules are followed yet racism persists, powerlessness, hyper vigilance, and other symptoms associated with PTSD may develop or worsen (Bryant-Davis & Ocampo, 2005).”

“On occasion, the emotional weight of racism can lead African Americans to engage in maladaptive coping, such as remaining in denial, engaging in substance use, aggression, self-blame – even in extreme cases suicide (i.e., Black Lives Matter activist Marshawn McCarrel) and terrorism (i.e., Dallas shooter Micah Xavier Johnson). These responses are harmful and lead to negative, long-term consequences.”

Ryan C.T. DeLapp, MA, and Monnica T. Williams, Ph.D., “Proactively Coping With Racism, Getting back to our lives in the aftermath of racial violence in the media.”, July 18, 2016, www.psychologytoday,com

So until whites can understand the complete damage racism causes, you won't understand how I can say that racism is part of the cause. Racism is a socially unacceptable behavior, and the results of that behavior when it is imposed upon people for a long duration, will at times create unacceptable behaviors in return.

I’ve never fought a black man, but when I was playing intramural football in college, I ran right over three black linemen to sack the quarterback In the first game. When they got up I heard one of them say “ watch out for dat big white boy” Now it wasn’t really fair, I had been playing in the Army where I played with and against guys who played Varsity in high school, college and semi-pro ball. They were used to playing against high school kids. Blacks are no tougher than whites. It all comes down to condition and training, not genetics.
Yes it comes down to training and I spent a decade running over and knocking out primarily white men on the rugby field. But probably the reason Paul says what he does is that racist whites here talk a lot of Rambo shit about how tough they are. And I don't see any comments made about them doing it.

That's because white racism does impact the mental well being of black people. That's a fact. And it must be considered when you talk about people of color. You don't face it every day of your life so you dismiss it, because you don't know how it feels when you are subjected to it..

“Bryant-Davis and Ocampo (2005) noted similar courses of psychopathology between rape victims and victims of racism. Both events are an assault on the personhood and integrity of the victim. Similar to rape victims, race-related trauma victims may respond with disbelief, shock, or dissociation, which can prevent them from responding to the incident in a healthy manner. The victim may then feel shame and self-blame because they were unable to respond or defend themselves, which may lead to low self-concept and self-destructive behaviors. In the same study, a parallel was drawn between race-related trauma victims and victims of domestic violence. Both survivors are made to feel shame over allowing themselves to be victimized. For instance, someone who may have experienced a racist incident may be told that if they are polite, work hard, and/or dress in a certain way, they will not encounter racism. When these rules are followed yet racism persists, powerlessness, hyper vigilance, and other symptoms associated with PTSD may develop or worsen (Bryant-Davis & Ocampo, 2005).”

“On occasion, the emotional weight of racism can lead African Americans to engage in maladaptive coping, such as remaining in denial, engaging in substance use, aggression, self-blame – even in extreme cases suicide (i.e., Black Lives Matter activist Marshawn McCarrel) and terrorism (i.e., Dallas shooter Micah Xavier Johnson). These responses are harmful and lead to negative, long-term consequences.”

Ryan C.T. DeLapp, MA, and Monnica T. Williams, Ph.D., “Proactively Coping With Racism, Getting back to our lives in the aftermath of racial violence in the media.”, July 18, 2016, www.psychologytoday,com

So until whites can understand the complete damage racism causes, you won't understand how I can say that racism is part of the cause. Racism is a socially unacceptable behavior, and the results of that behavior when it is imposed upon people for a long duration, will at times create unacceptable behaviors in return.

This is just avoiding responsibility for your actions. "Oh, I used drugs because of white racism!" "I beat up an old man because of white racism!"

Be stronger. Accept responsibility. Make better choices.

A white man can pretty much never beat a black man in unarmed 1 on 1 combat. So I guess they have to make it 3 on 1
There are plenty. But you look at them as all being totally against Black people and all are weak. In the end real war is not tumbling in the streets.

This is just avoiding responsibility for your actions. "Oh, I used drugs because of white racism!" "I beat up an old man because of white racism!"

Be stronger. Accept responsibility. Make better choices.
No it isn't. It's called recognizing the problem in order to take steps to fix it. What you have done is provide another example of how unwilling some whites are to take responsibility. End white racism. That is the better choice.

But when you give excuse for someones bad actions you invite more bad action. You encourage it. In the end you make that person's life worse not better. Take note of the current crime sprees.... these people have lost their human dignity and doing smash and grabs because they feel entitled. People let out of jail over and over again without bail.. what do you think goes through their mind? They know they have more freedom to commit crimes and they feel justified as they can always fall back on.... Well, I live in racist America so Im getting mine now....

That person will never have a successful life like the one you have, so whats the benefit of feeding them this crap when you can see racism everywhere if you want to. "Racism" will never end because politicians and the media alike will never let it go. For example, they say cops were hunting down young black men, basically. Stiring up even more hatred and violence. That was never the case if you honestly look at the numbers outside of a few high profile cases.

What will the magical threshold be where one can say all racism is gone? it haas ended? There will always be someone who doesnt like someone else and that will be called racism.
Politicians want to keep it alive because it gives the FEDERAL government more power over other areas of our lives..

But when you give excuse for someones bad actions you invite more bad action. You encourage it. In the end you make that person's life worse not better. Take note of the current crime sprees.... these people have lost their human dignity and doing smash and grabs because they feel entitled. People let out of jail over and over again without bail.. what do you think goes through their mind? They know they have more freedom to commit crimes and they feel justified as they can always fall back on.... Well, I live in racist America so Im getting mine now....

That person will never have a successful life like the one you have, so whats the benefit of feeding them this crap when you can see racism everywhere if you want to. "Racism" will never end because politicians and the media alike will never let it go. For example, they say cops were hunting down young black men, basically. Stiring up even more hatred and violence. That was never the case if you honestly look at the numbers outside of a few high profile cases.

What will the magical threshold be where one can say all racism is gone? it haas ended? There will always be someone who doesnt like someone else and that will be called racism.
Politicians want to keep it alive because it gives the FEDERAL government more power over other areas of our lives..
There is a difference between excuses and facts. The reality here is that whites have excused their racism and pretend that it has no effeect on those who face it. I'm not excusing bad behavior because their are blacks who use racism to achieve things such as becoming President, or Sexretary of State. I am simply pointing out a cause for something that whites such as yourself don't want to recognize. Because you do that both bad behaviors continue. If white racism stopped, attacks on whitrs by blacks would also stop.

You ask about a magical threshold. This always the excuse whites have. Work on eliminating racism from the white community instead of looking for excuses as to why you can't.

They blame blacks for everything under the sun. Nobody is perfect, no matter what race.
Some are MUCH LESS perfect than others.

When 50 of one race murder another race, we SHOULD point out the problem.

We should not be bullied into silence because a rare white guy assaults an African.

Yes it comes down to training and I spent a decade running over and knocking out primarily white men on the rugby field. But probably the reason Paul says what he does is that racist whites here talk a lot of Rambo shit about how tough they are. And I don't see any comments made about them doing it.
If you played rugby, you’re a better man than I am. Kudos to you.

If you played rugby, you’re a better man than I am. Kudos to you.
If you played football, you would have loved rugby. Everybody gets to run with the ball.

Forum List

Back