Funny how Democrats and the Left now pretend to be anti Russia

I have been a fireman. Often I smelled smoke before I saw fire. It is an old saying because often true. I have also seen it where it was just smoldering embers smoking until they got oxygen, then becoming fire.
It is a silly shortcut to actual thought. Of course it’s true that where there’s smoke there MIGHT be fire. But it is also true that one can have smoke with no fire.

It is a silly shortcut to actual thought. Of course it’s true that where there’s smoke there MIGHT be fire. But it is also true that one can have smoke with no fire.
Work for it, buddy. You will be alright. In the end, it matters not. Big deal. You guys have had an image problem for 5 years of trump support. Why do you care now? Couldn't you just tell your dumb asses to get a clue and shut the fk up, when their comments and statements are going to sound un-American due to being un-American or taken totally in the context of the situation at the time? Don't any of them know when to shut the fk up? They are like little kids, blurting out the first thing that comes through their minds, no matter what is going on or where they are, just letting it all out for all the world. You cannot blame the world for hearing and reacting to their pronouncements, taking them at face value.

Work for it, buddy. You will be alright. In the end, it matters not. Big deal. You guys have had an image problem for 5 years of trump support. Why do you care now? Couldn't you just tell your dumb asses to get a clue and shut the fk up, when their comments and statements are going to sound un-American due to being un-American or taken totally in the context of the situation at the time? Don't any of them know when to shut the fk up? They are like little kids, blurting out the first thing that comes through their minds, no matter what is going on or where they are, just letting it all out for all the world. You cannot blame the world for hearing and reacting to their pronouncements, taking them at face value.
Let us pretend that you make any sense.

Nah. That would be fantasy.

You know? Your avatar pic is perfect for this conversation.
Your lack of content makes this thread a perfect candidate for the badlands. Maybe that’s your hope?

So, back on topic: the OP is quite correct. If the libs and Dems are now claiming to be “anti-Russia,” it’s either a lie or a very recent change of their historical preferences.

Similar to the anti-Trump “Russian collusion” nonsense. You folks in the left lie and deceive but apparently can’t ever remain consistent. Honesty is a virtue which you folks lack.

Last edited:
Your lack of content makes this thread a perfect candidate for the badlands. Maybe that’s your hope?

So, back on topic: the OP is quite correct. If the libs and Dems are now claiming to be “anti-Russia,” it’s either a lie or a very recent change of their historical preferences.

Similar to the anti-Trump “Russian collusion” nonsense. You folks in the left lie and deceive but apparently can’t ever remain consistent. Honesty is a virtue which you folks lack.
No. What happens in the badlands? Is that where good threads go to be bad? I constantly just click on "active topics" and constantly get alerts from threads I have commented to, including threads in the badlands, flame zone, etc. Is there something virtuous about staying out of there. I have seen some pretty good threads start there. Of course, a lot of food fights too.
As for the thread topic, the many articles I posted by taking screen shots of results of search argument are totally there and in major publications, with quotes and sometimes video. Don't ask me to explain why loudmouths on the right are mouthing off in the way they have been doing, with people dying in the cities and towns of Ukraine and Biden providing plenty of positive leadership on sanctions (approved by 83% of American and even more Europeans, last I looked) as a result of the unprovoked attack on Ukraine by Russia.
As for "trump collusion", I have said as Donald Trump has said, there is no Federal Collusion statute, no matter how bad it sounds and yes it sounds terrible, Trump knows this. Prosecutors know this. Trump sucks, but his marketing to keep the conversation on collusion was perfect, from whatever advisor came up with it. I figure some dumb ass yelled "collusion" and some trump lawyer good at news manipulation said "YES! We can use this and nothing will ever stick in the fog" and it is all you guy have talked about since, along with the left nut balls, too dumb to look it up.

No. What happens in the badlands? Is that where good threads go to be bad? I constantly just click on "active topics" and constantly get alerts from threads I have commented to, including threads in the badlands, flame zone, etc. Is there something virtuous about staying out of there. I have seen some pretty good threads start there. Of course, a lot of food fights too.
As for the thread topic, the many articles I posted by taking screen shots of results of search argument are totally there and in major publications, with quotes and sometimes video. Don't ask me to explain why loudmouths on the right are mouthing off in the way they have been doing, with people dying in the cities and towns of Ukraine and Biden providing plenty of positive leadership on sanctions (approved by 83% of American and even more Europeans, last I looked) as a result of the unprovoked attack on Ukraine by Russia.
As for "trump collusion", I have said as Donald Trump has said, there is no Federal Collusion statute, no matter how bad it sounds and yes it sounds terrible, Trump knows this. Prosecutors know this. Trump sucks, but his marketing to keep the conversation on collusion was perfect, from whatever advisor came up with it. I figure some dumb ass yelled "collusion" and some trump lawyer good at news manipulation said "YES! We can use this and nothing will ever stick in the fog" and it is all you guy have talked about since, along with the left nut balls, too dumb to look it up.
Badlands is where threads that started off badly go. Or where better threads which have gotten derailed go. The inhabitants there spend far more time engaging in petty personal squabbles and as hominem efforts than anything marginally intelligent. I know. I spent a few weeks there. Bad mistake.

Funny how Democrats and the Left now pretend to be anti Russia​

Have you been in a fucking coma the last 10 years? We Democrats have been yelling at Republicans since before 2016 because of your party colluding with Russia to destroy American Democracy.

Now sit down and be quiet.
Did you forget that it was Hillary and the Democrats that actually colluded with the Russians, using a fake dossier to frame and spy on Trump and his associates, not tO mention a myriad of other treasonous crimes such as lying to the FISA court and using the FBI, CIA AND NSA as an arm of the Democratic Party. Once again, accusing the GOP of things they themselves are far more guilty of.

Funny how the Republicans and right openly admit being pro-Russia, speaking out in Putin support as Russia once again invades another neighboring country.
Russia invaded because they saw a weak incompetent president like Jimmy Carter, but on steroids, literally.

Russia invaded because they saw a weak incompetent president like Jimmy Carter, but on steroids, literally.
Nah. It was always in Vlad's plan. It is not like he went after us. He'll retake all the former soviet countries first, or at least that is his plan. If he can sell enough oil, we will pay him to do it.

Ukraine is a sovereign nation and should continue to be. Russia should not have invaded. Ukraine needs to stop killing Russians in the Donbas. NATO should deny membership to Ukraine. Ukraine should eliminate Nazi influence in it’s government.

War is NEVER the answer, you dumb neocon cocksucker.
That Is what Russia wanted, no NATO for Ukraine, but the Democrats and the deep state wanted their war.

Funny how Republicans are pretending they aren't pro-trump/putin, anti-NATO now that it looks like the whole world is cheering Ukraine and not them.
They aren’t pro Putin. Biden on the other hand is still sucking on Putin’s oil.

I guess they were hoping we would forget all the decades of the Democrats running interference for the Soviets, and the Left’s history of fighting for commies all over the world.

www.chicagotribune.com

The hypocrisy of the Democratic Russia hawks

Those unpredictable Democrats. Now they are Russia hawks.
www.chicagotribune.com
www.chicagotribune.com

But during the Cold War, when the Soviet Union posed an existential threat to our democracy, not so much. Most Democrats opposed the Reagan policies that led to the fall of the Soviet empire. They fought the Reagan defense buildup and his Strategic Defense Initiative (which Sen. Edward Kennedy dismissed as “Star Wars” and Sen. John Kerry called “a dream based on illusion”). They supported the Soviet-supported nuclear freeze movement and opposed Reagan’s deployment of intermediate-range nuclear missiles to Western Europe. They criticized Reagan’s efforts to arm freedom fighters seeking to overthrow Soviet puppet regimes and support to pro-American governments fighting communist insurgencies.

Old habits of appeasement die hard, so when the Cold War ended the Democrats continued their soft line toward Moscow. Democratic opposition to President George W. Bush’s withdrawal from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty was more strident than that of Vladimir Putin. There was virtual silence from Democrats when President Barack Obama callously threw Poland and the Czech Republic under the bus by canceling our missile defense agreements in an effort to appease Moscow.
In 2012, when Mitt Romney called Russia our “No. 1 geopolitical foe,” Democrats mocked him mercilessly. Obama told Romney, “The 1980s, they’re now calling to ask for their foreign policy back.” And Vice President Joe Biden said Romney “acts like he thinks the Cold War is still on.” The Republican focus on Russia was considered laughable by most Democrats.

Not only did Democrats oppose Reagan’s policies, they heaped scorn on his blunt anti-Communist rhetoric. After Reagan called on the Soviets to “tear down” the Berlin Wall, Democratic House Speaker Jim Wright declared that he had “utter contempt for Reagan” because he had “spoiled the chance for a dramatic breakthrough in relations between our two countries.”

Almost as funny as the Right pretending not to be pro-Russia.

Forum List

Back