From Australia: 141 in ICU. 140 are Vaccinated. (139 FULLY Vaccinated)

I'm not the one exaggerating.

Nor am I. This is bearing out in the fact that you can see this in the real world. In anecdotes, and in data. Local news is reporting "breakthrough cases" and hospitalizations right and left. Look at the super spreader TX Dem airplane ride.

I am not saying the vaccine is bad for everyone. But I certainly DO NOT think universal vaccination with THESE vaccines is a great idea. At all.

It looks like the WSJ covered something like this but it's behind a paywall

Here's some of it. I wish they'd do one on Moderna. And we know the J & J was less effective from the get go.

TEL AVIV—Data from Israel suggests Pfizer Inc.’s vaccine has become less effective in preventing infection of Covid-19 in recent weeks, although it remains a robust bulwark against serious illness as governments around the world scramble to respond to the rampant spread of a new Delta variant of the coronavirus

The findings, which are preliminary and based on a small sample, suggest that after two shots the vaccine was 39% effective at reducing the risk of infection and 40% effective at reducing the risk of symptomatic disease during a period when the Delta variant dominated cases in Israel, according to the country’s Health Ministry. The vaccine was 91% effective at preventing severe illness in the same period between June 20 and July 17, the ministry said.

“It’s important to say that in terms of protecting against severe illness, hospitalization and death, the Pfizer vaccine is still very very efficient,” said Nadav Davidovitch, a member of the expert advisory panel to the Israeli government on the coronavirus. “We are still not sure about whether the reduction in effectiveness is due to time passed or [a] question of the variant.”

Mr. Davidovitch said the data was based on hundreds of cases and should only be considered preliminary.

The sad thing is--and I mean this--the vaccines were most supposed to PROTECT those who are older and with comorbidities. How can they not be considered at least ineffective when they're not protecting the people they were most needing to protect, and INJURING the people who really need them least? I'm talking about young men and heart issues, young women and blood clots, etc. And all this for no prevention on transmission and at best, reduced chances for acquiring the virus.

Yeah. Not a great vaccine.
It IS protecting over 90% of them.

Here's some of it. I wish they'd do one on Moderna. And we know the J & J was less effective from the get go.

TEL AVIV—Data from Israel suggests Pfizer Inc.’s vaccine has become less effective in preventing infection of Covid-19 in recent weeks, although it remains a robust bulwark against serious illness as governments around the world scramble to respond to the rampant spread of a new Delta variant of the coronavirus

The findings, which are preliminary and based on a small sample, suggest that after two shots the vaccine was 39% effective at reducing the risk of infection and 40% effective at reducing the risk of symptomatic disease during a period when the Delta variant dominated cases in Israel, according to the country’s Health Ministry. The vaccine was 91% effective at preventing severe illness in the same period between June 20 and July 17, the ministry said.

“It’s important to say that in terms of protecting against severe illness, hospitalization and death, the Pfizer vaccine is still very very efficient,” said Nadav Davidovitch, a member of the expert advisory panel to the Israeli government on the coronavirus. “We are still not sure about whether the reduction in effectiveness is due to time passed or [a] question of the variant.”

Mr. Davidovitch said the data was based on hundreds of cases and should only be considered preliminary.

Right. So if you feel you need to be protected from severe disease, that is a PERSONAL decision. Like for the flu shot. I have no problem with any decision anyone makes, see. "My body, my choice"--right? Since these vaccines do not eliminate or even much reduce transmission, there is no need for the vitriolic and divisive nastiness all over the internet, including here, where I was told there's a special place in hell for me, and that my family will be glad I died--because I will not get a vaccine that is effective for mere months and does not even reduce transmission.

THAT needs to go. Do what you want. But leave me alone.

Nor am I. This is bearing out in the fact that you can see this in the real world. In anecdotes, and in data. Local news is reporting "breakthrough cases" and hospitalizations right and left. Look at the super spreader TX Dem airplane ride.

I am not saying the vaccine is bad for everyone. But I certainly DO NOT think universal vaccination with THESE vaccines is a great idea. At all.
I already explained why the number of breakthrough cases is going up.
The Democrats in DC are either asymptomatic or have mild cases.
Here's an anecdote for ya: a 92 year old relative in a nursing home was vaccinated in January. She tested positive in March and never had a single symptom. 92. Not a sniffle.

There are no doubt millions of these 'cases' happening that we never know about because the vaccine is doing its job.

Right. So if you feel you need to be protected from severe disease, that is a PERSONAL decision. Like for the flu shot. I have no problem with any decision anyone makes, see. "My body, my choice"--right? Since these vaccines do not eliminate or even much reduce transmission, there is no need for the vitriolic and divisive nastiness all over the internet, including here, where I was told there's a special place in hell for me, and that my family will be glad I died--because I will not get a vaccine that is effective for mere months and does not even reduce transmission.

THAT needs to go. Do what you want. But leave me alone.
I'd gladly leave you alone if you weren't spreading misinformation that is leading to people staying unvaccinated that could make them really sick.

We do not know that the vaccine is only effective for a number of months, and we do know that it reduces transmission. We also know it reduces hospitalizations by a huge degree.

It's not a failure.

I haven't gotten personal with you so there's no reason for you to bellyache to me about mean people on the internet.

I'd gladly leave you alone if you weren't spreading misinformation that is leading to people staying unvaccinated that could make them really sick.

We do not know that the vaccine is only effective for a number of months, and we do know that it reduces transmission. We also know it reduces hospitalizations by a huge degree.

It's not a failure.

I haven't gotten personal with you so there's no reason for you to bellyache to me about mean people on the internet.

If you are sick with covid you are sick with covid. Many people with the vaccines get mildly ill and go out and about not even getting tested, thinking they can't even get covid, just like the TX Dems on the plane. They're less careful. So yes, perhaps the viral loads are slightly less but the behavior makes them just as "dangerous" as the unvaccinated.

And I linked you an article that says, yes we DO know the vaccines get less effective in a matter of months, which is exactly why Pfizer floated boosters beginning this spring. This is not new information. YOU might say me even being truthful about the vaccines is spreading "misinformation that might lead to people's death". Okay. What about all the folks who have been led to believe these vaccines are "safe and effective" and have been vaccine injured and no one believe them because almost everything is a lie these days?

Young men with heart issues?

Blood clots?

Miscarriages and other strange events?

I won't even go into the spike proteins in the vaccine. You're not ready.

And I linked you an article that says, yes we DO know the vaccines get less effective in a matter of months, which is exactly why Pfizer floated boosters beginning this spring. This is not new information
I apologize. I found one in English.

As things stand, data from Pfizer indicates that its vaccine — the first to be authorized in the US, and still the most common among US vaccine recipients — declines from 95 percent to 84 percent effectiveness against symptomatic infection after four to six months, according to the Times’ Sharon LaFraniere.

Though all three vaccines authorized for use in the United States — Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson — are highly effective in preventing Covid-19 infections, recent data suggests that the efficacy of Pfizer’s two-dose vaccine can wane slightly four to six months after vaccination, according to the New York Times.

However, a booster shot could lift antibody levels even more substantially than the current two-dose regimen for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, and could be especially beneficial for people 65 and older and those who are immunocompromised.

Good to know. The immunocompromised seem to be the ones they're most concerned about, and we can't even begin to consider them in the US until the vaccines are fully approved.

Glad we argued, Sue! Thanks.

Link here. Many links in thread where this was said exactly. I believe The Atlantic cites that this was claimed on social media as well. I'm not saying the claim was valid, but the claim was widespread

Why do you link to a thread where candycorn destroyed you ?

Why do you link to a thread where candycorn destroyed you ?

Right TT, the one where she told me NO ONE had ever said the shot was "100% effective against hospitalizations and deaths" and I provided 3 links in about 5 minutes that proved her wrong

Yep

time for changing the thread title.

on the other hand, this idiocy has already entered anti-vaxxer lore.

OP is allegedly a teacher. LOL
She wants to be left alone now. I would suggest that it gets booted into conspiracy theories but the mods generally like all this crap.

Right TT, the one where she told me NO ONE had ever said the shot was "100% effective against hospitalizations and deaths" and I provided 3 links in about 5 minutes that proved her wrong

Yep

Yep
Ive never seen a claim that they were 100% effective. No vaccine maker would ever make such a claim. Their legal people would have a heart attack if they did so. 90-95% is generally the figures we were given.
The infection and hospitalisation rates bear this out.

You started this thread in a hot frenzy thinking you had proof of this and were quickly found out. now you are covering you tracks by whining on that the vax isnt 100%. How can anyone take you seriously when you act like this ?

Ive never seen a claim that they were 100% effective. No vaccine maker would ever make such a claim. Their legal people would have a heart attack if they did so. 90-95% is generally the figures we were given.
The infection and hospitalisation rates bear this out.

You started this thread in a hot frenzy thinking you had proof of this and were quickly found out. now you are covering you tracks by whining on that the vax isnt 100%. How can anyone take you seriously when you act like this ?

Well you're not in this country to see the claims so I guess we're done

That is not what the one, small study says. Do you even remember how not to lie? The vaccines are still effective, even in that study.

lying & misrepresentation is all she has. she won't even address my replies anymore - ESPECIALLY when it di-rectly confronts her obvious lies with facts.

Do you or do you not see evidence that the vaccines are much less effective than advertised?

The claims of 100% effective against hospitalization and death are legion. Candycorn tried to tell me "no one claimed that" the other day and I found about 3 sources in 5 minutes, including drs, The Atlantic, etc. I'm not arguing that the claim was CORRECT but the claim was ubiquitous

what sources have you used suzy?

why won't you address the sources & articles i posted that directly contradicts your bullshit INCLUDING your full tilt lie about pfizer's PDF on spike proteins with THEIR own people saying your 'japanese' study is a complete lie?

They have never promised us 100%, Sue. 2-5% will still get Covid, some of them may die, especially if they're older or have comorbidities. So with millions of vaccines, the numbers of that 2-5% is going to rise. IT IS STILL REALLY RARE. Take a look at the article I linked. It explains it.

& she has the herd mentality that donny did with testing. he thought that as more people got tested, the number of cases would rise as if testing caused people to get covid. with her - - - she thinks the more people who are vaxxed, then vaccine causes the breakthrus.

that's not the case. it's just simple logic as to why. something she refuses to grasp.

Forum List

Back