Friday will be a bad day to be hungry.

What a pompous ass Penn Gillette is.. beating up strawmen seems to be his forte.

NOBODY thinks its "compassion" to vote for a government that helps its CITIZENS.

Its enlightened SELF INTEREST to see to it that everybody in your nation is doing as well as possible.

That DOES seem to be the one thing most of our resident libertarians cannot quite fathom: the whole POINT of government is to help citizens because when you neighbors do well, so do YOU.

How is enlightened self interest for me to take your money, spend it on government idiocy, and then borrow more to enable people to buy donuts?

Liberals think "temporary" assistance that becomes permanent assistance is always the answer. First, the bigger cause of hunger right now is not the loss of food assistance, but rather the rapid inflation that causes food prices to spike. That inflation spike is cause by the out of control spending, printing and borrowing of money! Jobs that used to afford a family of 4, can't even support a family of one because of inflation due to the aforementioned reasons.

Well no..not really.

Liberals believe in fair play, equality, liberty, honesty..you know..stuff you know nothing about.

It's incredible we live in a country that literally throws food away to up the profit margin and we have people that bust their humps on a daily basis that can't adequately feed their families.

This country was never started to create a new aristocracy.

Stop blowing smoke up your arse. Liberals only believe in one thing their agenda and how to get more votes to push their agenda.

Liberals think "temporary" assistance that becomes permanent assistance is always the answer. First, the bigger cause of hunger right now is not the loss of food assistance, but rather the rapid inflation that causes food prices to spike. That inflation spike is cause by the out of control spending, printing and borrowing of money! Jobs that used to afford a family of 4, can't even support a family of one because of inflation due to the aforementioned reasons.

Well no..not really.

Liberals believe in fair play, equality, liberty, honesty..you know..stuff you know nothing about.

It's incredible we live in a country that literally throws food away to up the profit margin and we have people that bust their humps on a daily basis that can't adequately feed their families.

Stop blowing smoke up your arse. Liberals only believe in one thing their agenda and how to get more votes to push their agenda.

And you think conservatives don't?

Well no..not really.

What is it with conservative men and men's asses?

:confused:

And what's that agenda?

I mean I know your guys agenda.

White Evangelist Theocracy.

So go..what's "our" agenda?

Well no..not really.

And what's that agenda?

Never heard the term blowing smoke up your ass?
It has nothing to do with the size of a persons ass, but their stupidity
OH SHIT DUDE
Look to California you'll see the liberal agenda in action.

Well no..not really.

Actually it isn't.

Conservatives simply don't believe in the vote.

Rafael "Ted" Cruz son of Rafael Cruz, "Reformed" Commie Castro Fighter is now a "Dominionist" and believes that leaders are chosen by god. And that those leaders should gain power by any means possible and create a Theocracy.

Well no..not really.

Liberal agenda has been shown to be bad for America it's in action right now and yes Conservatives have an agenda also back to the roots of the founding of this country.

And what's that agenda?

OH SHIT DUDE

I generally don't talk about men's asses. Not something I am into.

And what about California? After they punted Conservative Hero and Hitler Praiser, the Lying Govenator himself, Ahnold "I never cheated on Maria but I have an out of wedlock son" Schwarzenegger..they are getting on sound fiscal footing thanks to Jerry Brown.

So what do you want to discuss? The clean cities? Their economy? What?

I was just there. Couldn't believe how nice it was.

Liberal agenda has been shown to be bad for America it's in action right now and yes Conservatives have an agenda also back to the roots of the founding of this country.

Yes..Conservatives wanted to remain British Subjects.

They were called Tories and Loyalists back then.

And what's that agenda?

OH SHIT DUDE

And what about California? After they punted Conservative Hero and Hitler Praiser, the Lying Govenator himself, Ahnold "I never cheated on Maria but I have an out of wedlock son" Schwarzenegger..they are getting on sound fiscal footing thanks to Jerry Brown.

OH dear gwad stop playing stupid.

1. blowing smoke up your ass
People who constantly tell you what you WANT to hear ...Feeding someone's ego with constant adoration and commentary. Telling someone everything they want to hear and nothing they need to hear.
It has nothing to do with your physical ass You're telling yourself BS. Stop it.
oh and by the way your example using Arnold is laughable he's a toad, California is a good example of the liberal agenda in action.

That is a total lie not one modern day liberal is anything closely resembling a founding father of America.

And what's that agenda?

OH SHIT DUDE

That was funny.

California's fiscal footing is solid air and empty promises.

That is a total lie not one modern day liberal is anything closely resembling a founding father of America.

That's true.

Unlike the Liberals of yesteryear who thought women shouldn't vote and black men were property, today's Liberals have progressed and advanced.

That and we don't wear knickers, powered wigs and tri-corner hats any longer.

To bad the same can't be said for Conservatives. On almost all counts.

:eusa_whistle:

That's true.

Unlike the Liberals of yesteryear who thought women shouldn't vote and black men were property, today's Liberals have progressed and advanced.

That and we don't wear knickers, powered wigs and tri-corner hats any longer.

To bad the same can't be said for Conservatives. On almost all counts.

:eusa_whistle:

You really think modern day liberals really support equality, welfare for the poor ? It's all about get the vote and using other peoples money to achieve the welfare system they support.

OH SHIT DUDE

That was funny.

Eyah..

I'm sure Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck and the boys and girls at Saudi FOX propaganda tell you that each and every day..

But..

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/us/california-balances-its-budget.html?_r=0

Here in the real world, we work with math.

That was funny.

Eyah..

I'm sure Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck and the boys and girls at Saudi FOX propaganda tell you that each and every day..

But..

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/us/california-balances-its-budget.html?_r=0

Here in the real world, we work with math.

fuzzy math and how to cook the numbers 101 doesn't count as real math. just saying.

And what's that agenda?

OH SHIT DUDE

I have been here 34 years. Its not the California I came too

-Geaux

Congress beats up on the hungry - Chicago Sun-Times

Starting Friday, food stamp benefits will be trimmed back because a temporary boost from the 2009 stimulus bill is expiring. More than 47 million Americans — one in seven — will see less food on their plates. A family of four, for example, will get $36 less a month. That might not seem like much until you consider the average household monthly benefit is only $287. The Congressional Budget Office expects spending on food stamps in fiscal 2014 to fall by $5 billion.

As a result, the Illinois Hunger Coalition says, more than 2 million Illinois residents — including about 349,000 seniors and 886,000 children — will have to tighten their belts just as home heating bills are about to soar.

And it could just be a step on the way to more cuts. Both houses of Congress have passed bills that would further trim food stamps, technically known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. The House would cut food stamps by $4 billion a year and would tighten eligibility. The Senate bill would cut just $400 million. Talks on a compromise bill began Wednesday afternoon.

SNAP critics, alarmed that the government’s tab for food stamps has more than doubled since 2008 to almost $80 billion, say the program needs to be scaled back. But that’s not taking into account how many people are struggling financially. Although about 20 percent of the increase is due to the stimulus, which is ending, much of the rest is due to the struggling economy, as more people’s incomes drop to levels at which they qualify for aid.

I guess all I can say is I am glad my grandparents are dead, and nobody in my extended family is in need. I cannot think about those who will be affected. My government refuses to - so I can't.

I do hope everybody sees the disconnect between "this is a Christian nation" and "we are done feeding the hungry."

Nearly 1 Million Vets Face Food Stamps Cut | Military.com

About 900,000 veterans and 5,000 active duty troops face cuts in their food stamp benefits beginning Thursday as $5 billion is automatically trimmed from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) program for low-income families.

"The coming benefit cut will reduce SNAP benefits, which are already modest, for all households by 7 percent on average, or about $10 per person per month," according to an analysis by the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.

"Nationwide, in any given month, a total of 900,000 veterans nationwide lived in households that relied on SNAP to provide food for their families in 2011," according to an analysis of census data, the Center's report said.

Anybody else wondering why corporate welfare is good, but helping our fellow Americans is bad?

I help my fellow Americans twice. Once of my own accord which is charity. A second time when the government confiscates my wealth to redistribute to other people whether I like it or not. I prefer the first option.

Forum List

Back