Fresh Asparagus!

Asparagus, tomatoes right off the vine, and grilled corn.

You guys are giving me a vegetarian orgasm!

Is there any better tasting vegetable?

Simply? No. My best recipe:

Garlic Asparagus with Lime - Allrecipes

INGREDIENTS
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium shallot, minced
1 bunch fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
1/4 lime, juiced
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and shallots, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in asparagus spears; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Squeeze lime over hot asparagus, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving plate, and garnish with lime wedges.

I was actually one of those weird little kids that didn't hide my veggies, and actually *ate* them.

That sounds wonderful Annie!

I just started eating asparagus in my 20's.....now it's my favorite vegetable ever!

Keep the asparagus recipes coming!

(except DevNell of course.........:eek:)

I'm with Dis, I've always loved veggies, except brussel sprouts and cabbage. (I think those are related....)

I'm with Dis, I've always loved veggies, except brussel sprouts and cabbage. (I think those are related....)

Hah. Brussells Sprouts are actually MY favorite veggie. Just grill those, drizzle them with garlic butter, and life's good. :D

Brussels sprouts...not a big fan, though I went through a period when my boys were little when I tried to force everyone to like them. It didn't take.

Cabbage, however...I love sliced cabbage cooked in butter or bacon grease...yummy. Lotsa salt.

Hah. Brussells Sprouts are actually MY favorite veggie. Just grill those, drizzle them with garlic butter, and life's good. :D

I'll try. Anything with butter and garlic is improved!

Forum List

Back