CDZ Freedom vs. Civilization

Agit8r

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2010
At the one extreme, is the state of solitary individual banished to the wilderness. On the other extreme, there is the nameless cog in the authoritarian machine. Where do we find the sweet-spot between the two?

This country is no where close to those extremes tho.

It actually is pretty close, to that sweet spot, of course, imo...

I agree that we're close to the sweet spot...The liberterians want to take us to the hunter gathering extreme.

Sure, in some areas like police and spying we're slightly on the other side of the sweet spot, but I wouldn't change much beside getting money out of politics and enforcing the anti-trust laws on the books.

Individual liberty is rapidly being lost as the central gov continues to grow...a government that has proven itself ineffective, corrupt, and unbelievably expensive. Unlimited gov always fails ultimately, but few Americans today know this fundamental truth.

I agree that we're close to the sweet spot...The liberterians want to take us to the hunter gathering extreme.

Sure, in some areas like police and spying we're slightly on the other side of the sweet spot, but I wouldn't change much beside getting money out of politics and enforcing the anti-trust laws on the books.
so you think only the government can provide civilization and w/o it we are living in caves.

so you think only the government can provide civilization and w/o it we are living in caves.

Do you really believe we can have civilization without government?

Corruption of our public servants is actually a form of anarchy.

1913.jpg

Uh, yeah. What in the world do you think civilization is?

Do you really believe we can have civilization without government?
Since we did, the answer is yes.

good lord, basic history will tell you that

I must have missed that particular history lesson. When was there a civilization with no government?

I must have missed that particular history lesson. When was there a civilization with no government?

There have been societies without written laws, but they weren't described as "civilized." But then, perhaps it is a prejudiced distinction. One could argue..

Uh, yeah. What in the world do you think civilization is?
people working together to survive

being ordered about is what government brang.

shortly after we invented farms

So, somebody scratching in the ground and planting a seed is what qualifies as civilization in your world view?

Here's Webster's definition of civilization:

the condition that exists when people have developed effective ways of organizing a society and care about art, science, etc.

Obviously, you have made up your own. Could you share it with us?

Forum List

Back