Free wifi for all?

Yes, I can. The only real question is how hard it would be. If it was you I could use an Addon for Firefox, if the person is more sophisticated I would need to use more complicated means to do it.

that's assuming people accept add ons

stop acting like you actually know what you are talking about because if you did you wouldn't be spending so much time on anonymous internet forums arguing in circles with Ravi

things that are theoretically possible are usually just that....theoretically possible...but I choose to live in the real world.

at a cafe here somebody tried viewing my computer when I was uploading files...I suspect the person who 'fixes' their routers and stuff. I complained. they stopped offering an open connection for a while. don't know what they are doing now.

When people do things, they are usually playing at a game they are testing out...on unsuspecting innocents. It's child's play.

No it isn't, that is an addon I can use to get your password out of the air. You can be using Internet Explorer on your computer and I would be able to pull your passwords.

Seriously dude, stop pontificating about stuff you now nothing about.

And he could block you using various methods, like a vpn. Not to mention that the free wifi could encrypt everything.

Yes, I can. The only real question is how hard it would be. If it was you I could use an Addon for Firefox, if the person is more sophisticated I would need to use more complicated means to do it.

stop acting like you actually know what you are talking about because if you did you wouldn't be spending so much time on anonymous internet forums arguing in circles with Ravi

things that are theoretically possible are usually just that....theoretically possible...but I choose to live in the real world.

at a cafe here somebody tried viewing my computer when I was uploading files...I suspect the person who 'fixes' their routers and stuff. I complained. they stopped offering an open connection for a while. don't know what they are doing now.

When people do things, they are usually playing at a game they are testing out...on unsuspecting innocents. It's child's play.

No it isn't, that is an addon I can use to get your password out of the air. You can be using Internet Explorer on your computer and I would be able to pull your passwords.

Stop pretending you have a life outside of anonymous internet forums.

If people don't save passwords there is a way .. if you can enter their system ... if you know how to seek out files .. that ain't happening here. sorry

as far as what happens at a coffee shop, if they set things up correctly, and the user is experienced, no one is entering their system

now go back to asking simple kid question at a hacker forum.. :rofl:

I love visiting hacker and web site admin forums...people ask the most simple questions...I've even baited quite a few.

no stfu:eek:

no you can't

OMG!!!!! Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun, Windbagh has guessed/discovered Dante uses Firefox!!!!

or does he?

:rofl:

No, Dante has shown his complete ignorance of the subject matter by arguing I have to get him to use an addon to get his passwords.

I actually use this one to teach friends that they should be more careful. I can log into their IMs and send them messages, it freaks them out, and they keep doing the same thing, just like Dante.

Firesheep - codebutler

And he could block you using various methods, like a vpn. Not to mention that the free wifi could encrypt everything.

It doesn't matter if the router encrypts everything if the user doesn't because everyone on the network would have the same encryption.

By the way, did you notice how I said it wouldn't work on intelligent users, and mentioned you specifically?

Windbagh is now an internet network security expert.. I wonder where he teaches, Sanford, Harvard, MIT?

We know she spends too much time here to be part of :eek: anonymous :eek:

Stop pretending you have a life outside of anonymous internet forums.

If people don't save passwords there is a way .. if you can enter their system ... if you know how to seek out files .. that ain't happening here. sorry

as far as what happens at a coffee shop, if they set things up correctly, and the user is experienced, no one is entering their system

now go back to asking simple kid question at a hacker forum.. :rofl:

I love visiting hacker and web site admin forums...people ask the most simple questions...I've even baited quite a few.

no stfu:eek:

We are not talking about internet forums, we are talking about unencrypted wifi.

Seriously, you are proving me right every time you post.

OMG!!!!! Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun, Windbagh has guessed/discovered Dante uses Firefox!!!!

or does he?

:rofl:

No, Dante has shown his complete ignorance of the subject matter by arguing I have to get him to use an addon to get his passwords.

I actually use this one to teach friends that they should be more careful. I can log into their IMs and send them messages, it freaks them out, and they keep doing the same thing, just like Dante.

Firesheep - codebutler

IMs? wtf uses IMs? Do you hang around playgrounds?

It doesn't matter if the router encrypts everything if the user doesn't because everyone on the network would have the same encryption.

By the way, did you notice how I said it wouldn't work on intelligent users, and mentioned you specifically?

^Thanks for stopping by to make a fool of yourself.
I propose standard adoption of WPA2 and a default password of "free". Whenever you wish to connect to complimentary WiFi, you select "Courtyard Marriott" or "Starbucks" like you always have, but you are then prompted for a password.

Just type "free". It's not hard. In fact, operating system vendors could even program your PC to automatically try the password "free" before prompting you for a password on the assumption that you might be selecting a free service.

What is the value of a password if it is a "well-known secret?" WPA2 negotiates unique encryption keys with every computer that connects to it. This means you and I cannot spy on one another's traffic even when sharing access on the same access point. This is not true for WEP, but nearly all 802.11g access points (the most common) support WPA2 and can provide safe, convenient, free internet access.

Dear Starbucks: The skinny on how you can be a security hero | Naked Security

We are not talking about internet forums, we are talking about unencrypted wifi.

Seriously, you are proving me right every time you post.

yes we are...tools like you hang on on internet forums asking simple questions about hacking.

as far as phones go...anyone who keeps a bluetooth or wifi connection open is ignorant...this does not make those who know to close off bluetooth and wifi when not using it, geniuses.

Stop acting like you are smart when preaching teh basics of what people should know and do...like your so-called friends.

That's a hoot. Evidently (according to your own words) you hang with some of the most ignorant people on the planet, and even better,,,,you WOW them with your grasp of the simple. :clap2:

:theave:

I bet Windbagh likes web 2.0 and thinks it is all good...lame old PHP (for morons) Ruby-off-the-rails, Wordpress :laugh2:, social networking, wisdom of crowds, apps for phones...so many apps a device cannot store them all...

It's all SPAM fool. It's marketing and social engineering. Most everything on the web is shit and it will always be shit because no one is in control

now go out and organize a Flash Mob. :rofl: now that's relevancy 2.0 :laugh2:

Last edited:
The federal government wants to create super WiFi networks across the nation, so powerful and broad in reach that consumers could use them to make calls or surf the Internet without paying a cellphone bill every month.

The proposal from the Federal Communications Commission has rattled the $178 billion wireless industry, which has launched a fierce lobbying effort to persuade policymakers to reconsider the idea, analysts say. That has been countered by an equally intense campaign from Google, Microsoft and other tech giants who say a free-for-all WiFi service would spark an explosion of innovations and devices that would benefit most Americans, especially the poor.

Tech, telecom giants take sides as FCC proposes large public WiFi networks - The Washington Post

Like we don't have enough unemployment already.
Thanks FCC for wanting to put millions of people more out of a job.

The federal government wants to create super WiFi networks across the nation, so powerful and broad in reach that consumers could use them to make calls or surf the Internet without paying a cellphone bill every month.

The proposal from the Federal Communications Commission has rattled the $178 billion wireless industry, which has launched a fierce lobbying effort to persuade policymakers to reconsider the idea, analysts say. That has been countered by an equally intense campaign from Google, Microsoft and other tech giants who say a free-for-all WiFi service would spark an explosion of innovations and devices that would benefit most Americans, especially the poor.

Tech, telecom giants take sides as FCC proposes large public WiFi networks - The Washington Post

Like we don't have enough unemployment already.
Thanks FCC for wanting to put millions of people more out of a job.

those deadbeats who work for telecom companies? what are they in unions? fuck profit at all costs!

The fucking government can already access our phones why would I want to make it easier to hack my computer?

Forum List

Back