Free Speech? Whats that?

Ummm no.

Since when should your job be contingent on your political leanings or support for one administration or another?

"Political leanings" have nothing to do with it.

Insulting your boss and co-workers on the internet is what's at issue here.

Yeah it does. If I had money I'd bet you a hundred bucks that if he had bashed John Boehner or Mitch McConnell... maybe some other Republicans, the White House would have been quiet.

It's hypocritical.

He called Sarah Palin "trailer trash". That good enough for your straw man?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

My friend made the mistake of bashing his boss on facebook, without remembering that he had added him as a friend. He got fired.

"Free Speech" doesn't protect you from the consequences of that speech.

There is a quantum difference in bashing your boss and criticizing the government. Bashing your boss is bad judgment. Criticizing the government is a First Amendment right.

Bingo.

People who don't understand the difference should learn it post haste. I would have said GOOD if he was bashing his boss. But he was bashing his government, not Obama directly.

How do you know what Jofi Joseph's "political leanings" are?

Apparently he wasn't a Democrat, Doc. That much is obvious. Resembles a hard right Republican or a Libertarian.

How is that "obvious"?

You're basing your argument on an assumption you have no evidence of.

Yeah it does. If I had money I'd bet you a hundred bucks that if he had bashed John Boehner or Mitch McConnell... maybe some other Republicans, the White House would have been quiet.

It's hypocritical.

When the majority of them were Obama admin officials? Valerie Jarrett? Hillary Clinton? Is that good enough for your non sequitur?

My friend made the mistake of bashing his boss on facebook, without remembering that he had added him as a friend. He got fired.

There is a quantum difference in bashing your boss and criticizing the government. Bashing your boss is bad judgment. Criticizing the government is a First Amendment right.

Bingo.

People who don't understand the difference should learn it post haste. I would have said GOOD if he was bashing his boss. But he was bashing his government, not Obama directly.

The bet.........?

In what sense is calling Sarah Palin "trailer trash" "criticizing the government"?

Sarah Palin is a public figure. Parodying a public figure is perfectly legal. And the government does not have the right to shut a person down on the internet for it.

Bingo.

Link? Everything mentioned in the OP are personal attacks, on both Democrats and Republicans.

In what sense is calling Sarah Palin "trailer trash" "criticizing the government"?

Sarah Palin is a public figure. Parodying a public figure is perfectly legal. And the government does not have the right to shut a person down on the internet for it.

No one has been "shut down on the Internet".

It's hypocritical.

No it isn't. It isn't even good enough for yours. Sarah Palin is a public figure and can be parodied. Reference Obama referencing her when he made his infamous 'lipstick on a pig' statement.

How do you know what Jofi Joseph's "political leanings" are?

Apparently he wasn't a Democrat, Doc. That much is obvious. Resembles a hard right Republican or a Libertarian.

How is that "obvious"?

Don't you government folks ever practice deductive reasoning skills at any point? If you were, you would know that anyone who is opposed to Obama isn't a democrat. Anyone who is opposed to Obama could be a Republican. Anyone who is opposed to both Obama and Palin could be a liberatarian or a neo conservative.

Please.

Bingo.

Which he has the right to do.

Bingo.

Link? Everything mentioned in the OP are personal attacks, on both Democrats and Republicans.

Link? For what? Is that you needing to sate your inferior talking points? The majority of his insults were directed at Obama administration officials, you don't always need links to the obvious, Doc.

His account was shut down. That is not legal for the government to do.

You should have read the posted article:

Tweeting from the handle @natsecwonk, Jofi Joseph had been slamming the administration from Feb. 2011 until last week when the White House found out about it and shut down the account

Last edited:

How is that "obvious"?

Don't you government folks ever practice deductive reasoning skills at any point? If you were, you would know that anyone who is opposed to Obama isn't a democrat. Anyone who is opposed to Obama could be a Republican. Anyone who is opposed to both Obama and Palin could be a liberatarian or a neo conservative.

Please.

Your statement is provably false. I'm a Democrat, and I don't support Obama, and never have.

There are millions more just like me.

His twitter account was shut down by the White House. Or were you not reading the link?

Bingo.

Link? For what? Is that you needing to sate your inferior talking points? The majority of his insults were directed at Obama administration officials, you don't always need links to the obvious, Doc.

You claimed he was fired for "criticizing the government". I said he was fired for insulting his co-workers and bosses.

Everything that's been shown has been a personal insult, not a political criticism.

His twitter account was shut down by the White House. Or were you not reading the link?

Is Dr. Porkchop required to read when he already knows everything? LOL.

And further he did a cyber flip over something said about Sarah Palin which he was likely thinking himself. LMAO. This place is so funny!

How is that "obvious"?

Please.

Your statement is provably false. I'm a Democrat, and I don't support Obama, and never have.

There are millions more just like me.

That is a dissociation fallacy, Doc. An argument based on innocence by dissociation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back