Fred Phelps, Westborough Baptist Church to Picket Falwell Funeral - yeah, seriously

So, there was a bomb plot at Falwell's funeral at Liberty University today.

Some kid had some homemade bombs in his car that he was going to hit the protestors with. The article doesn't say whether his target was the Westboro jackasses, but I think we can assume. Who else protests funerals?

This is like a spiraling vortex of nuttiness. I guess I'm going to root for the kid.

I'm not saying I approve of napalming Fred Phelps and his congregation, but I understand.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3201543&page=1

So, there was a bomb plot at Falwell's funeral at Liberty University today.

Some kid had some homemade bombs in his car that he was going to hit the protestors with. The article doesn't say whether his target was the Westboro jackasses, but I think we can assume. Who else protests funerals?

This is like a spiraling vortex of nuttiness. I guess I'm going to root for the kid.

I'm not saying I approve of napalming Fred Phelps and his congregation, but I understand.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3201543&page=1
Yeah the Westboro inbreds made it to Falwell's funeral. It must have been a dilemma in having to choose between protesting Falwell's funeral or one of our fallen Soldier's.

capt.bc772490c7554e62927a0812681f2845.falwell_funeral_varoa102.jpg

People stopped talking about him. He had to do something in order to get back in the news. What could he possibly do more shocking than blaming the military for God's wrath and protesting military funerals? Why start protesting evangelical preachers... Of course!

Yeah the Westboro inbreds made it to Falwell's funeral. It must have been a dilemma in having to choose between protesting Falwell's funeral or one of our fallen Soldier's.

Falwell's funeral had more cameras.

Well if he picketed a soldier's funeral, the gay marriage crowd'd be right there with him (I am NOT knocking gays here - I'm knocking Libtards).

Personally I'm not surprised in the least, after seeing the Left's glee at the news of Rev. Falwell's passing, that a Democrat (who incidentally is also an old buddy of Al Bore) like Phelps would choose to picket his funeral.

"No national Republicans attended Tuesday's funeral, including none of the GOP presidential candidates. All said they were too busy."

Wow, I would have thought at least some of the national Republicans would have attended. It's not like it was that far from Washington DC.

You'd think. But Falwell's time was during the Reagan era. Republicans were still conservatives back then.

Even so, knowing that showing any kind of support for Falwell makes one a potential victim of the secular progressive/politically correct, even those Republicans that are still conservative are going to distance themselves from him, even in death.

There's also the fact that his support from with the conservative community has been WAY overhyped by the left. The dude was a narrow-minded Christian zealot. If the "religious right" had as much power as the left calims, Pat Robertson would have been a two-term president.

You'd think. But Falwell's time was during the Reagan era. Republicans were still conservatives back then.

Even so, knowing that showing any kind of support for Falwell makes one a potential victim of the secular progressive/politically correct, even those Republicans that are still conservative are going to distance themselves from him, even in death.

There's also the fact that his support from with the conservative community has been WAY overhyped by the left. The dude was a narrow-minded Christian zealot. If the "religious right" had as much power as the left calims, Pat Robertson would have been a two-term president.

The influence of the radical religious right is far more pervasive with this administration than you'd like to believe. I have a friend who's a dermatologist... not exactly a controversial profession, right? Well, there's a medication called Acutane which she prescribes for people with acne. Her patients who need it have to take two blood tests a month apart before they can be prescribed it. After that, their information is put into a government data base. If they don't go to the doctor every month while they're taking it their number gets taken out of the system and they have to go off the medication for six months or something ridiculous like that.

Now, why, you might ask, all the hullabaloo over an acne drug? Easy, because it is at such high risk for causing birth defects that they have to sign something promising that they're on birth control while they're taking it and also that if they get pregnant while on Acutane they'll have an abortion. So Bush's FDA makes doctors and patients go through all that garbage because the religious folk don't want doctors prescribing it or patients taking it. So they torture people as much as possible....

And that's just this admin's response to the religious right on this one issue.

So, so much for small government.

The influence of the radical religious right is far more pervasive with this administration than you'd like to believe. I have a friend who's a dermatologist... not exactly a controversial profession, right? Well, there's a medication called Acutane which she prescribes for people with acne. Her patients who need it have to take two blood tests a month apart before they can be prescribed it. After that, their information is put into a government data base. If they don't go to the doctor every month while they're taking it their number gets taken out of the system and they have to go off the medication for six months or something ridiculous like that.

Now, why, you might ask, all the hullabaloo over an acne drug? Easy, because it is at such high risk for causing birth defects that they have to sign something promising that they're on birth control while they're taking it and also that if they get pregnant while on Acutane they'll have an abortion. So Bush's FDA makes doctors and patients go through all that garbage because the religious folk don't want doctors prescribing it or patients taking it. So they torture people as much as possible....

And that's just this admin's response to the religious right on this one issue.

So, so much for small government.

I disagree. Christians as individuals may allow their Chrisitian values to shape their thinking, but that is completely different than saying they are an organized group with any real clout.

I am also rather skeptical as to this particular line of reasoning for taking a drug. If it's a high-risk drug, it just makes sense to control it.

Forum List

Back