Frankly, it's completely overwhelming.

Well, that's the problem. This is a true group pathology, and it's about far more than politics for them.

Imagine that you're literally convinced that you're saving your country against evil, against Satan. Literally. There is no communicating with someone like that, any more than you can communicate with a wild-eyed jihadi on the streets of Damascus. They are True Believers.
I want to believe some of them post nonsense just to get a reaction. For entertainment. It seems impossible so many can suspend reality when it's staring them in the face. But I acknowledge most are too far down the rabbit hole to reach.

When Tony Ornato, the deputy chief of staff, told Hutchinson what happened the Secret Service agent Trump lunged at, Robert Engle, was standing right there.
Hutchinson was asked if either of those people subsequently changed the account of what happened. She said they did not.
"a secret service official “familiar with the matter” told CNN Ornato denies telling Hutchinson the former president “grabbed the wheel or an agent on his detail”.

You folks are very good at posting silly pictures, and GIF's, and cartoons. Very good at snark and gratuitous insults and deflection. Not so good at addressing the subject.
Well when you don't care about the subject it makes it so much easier for folks to poke fun at it.

But go ahead and keep posting "click bait" thread titles when referring to that clown show and get you plenty more of the same.....Truth be told we enjoy poking fun at you, and them.

We have only yet begun to meme. ;)

R.9b465e9e3556ce7f96d80ec1eaacaac4

I want to believe some of them post nonsense just to get a reaction. For entertainment. It seems impossible so many can suspend reality when it's staring them in the face. But I acknowledge most are too far down the rabbit hole to reach.
Well, anecdotally, I can tell you that I have several Trumpster clients, and I can say for sure that when I look in their eyes, these people are full of absolute rage and absolute fear. So this "Satan" stuff, this "commie" stuff, is very real to a pretty significant percentage of them. And then I'll hear the latest conspiracy theory they've bought. Holy crap.

Well when you don't care about the subject it makes it so much easier for folks to poke fun at it.
Tell me again why you don't care that Trump tried to overthrow the government?

Well, anecdotally, I can tell you that I have several Trumpster clients, and I can say for sure that when I look in their eyes, these people are full of absolute rage and absolute fear. So this "Satan" stuff, this "commie" stuff, is very real to a pretty significant percentage of them. And then I'll hear the latest conspiracy theory they've bought. Holy crap.
No question the folks I saw interviewed on tape who were at the 1/6 rally turned riot are true believers. They appeared to be clinically delusional.

Berg seems like a loyal minion. :p

Meadows didn’t want to hear about the threat to the Capitol

One persistent pattern in Hutchinson’s testimony was the extent to which her boss, Meadows, seemingly didn’t want to hear about the threat to the Capitol. On several occasions, Hutchinson recalled Meadows burying his head in his phone or otherwise not responding when she or others delivered alarming news. Before the attack on the morning of Jan. 6 for example, Hutchinson recalled Ornato telling Meadows about numerous weapons in the crowd for Trump’s rally. “I remember distinctly Mark not looking up from his phone,” she recalled.

Meadows eventually said simply, “Alright, anything else?” she said.

Separately, she testified that Meadows “did not act on those concerns” that Jan. 6 would be violent. During Trump’s speech, as rioters began breaching the security lines at the Capitol, Hutchinson attempted to open the door to Meadows’ vehicle to update him on the situation, but “he immediately shut it.” He did the same thing a few minutes later, she said. And when she finally informed him of the situation 20 to 25 minutes later, “he almost had a lack of reaction.” He simply asked how much time was left in Trump’s speech, she said.

Hey, dumbshit, I'll ask you the same question I asked the other one.

What do Gerald Ford and Arlen Specter have in common?

Why did Nixon choose Ford to be his VP?

Imagine that you're literally convinced that you're saving your country against evil, against Satan. Literally. There is no communicating with someone like that, any more than you can communicate with a wild-eyed jihadi on the streets of Damascus. They are True Believers.
Imagine being so whacked out of your fucking mind that you actually believe a president who encouraged a protest really encouraged an insurrection against the most powerful military in the world led by a bunch of old fat dudes armed with flags and crutches, imagine being so fucked in the head that you believe said old unarmed fat dudes were prepared to fight Apache choppers and trained militants.…hahahaha
Do you silly backwards fucks ever pretend to be sane for a minute and listen to yourselves?

berg80
Care4all

Imagine being so whacked out of your fucking mind that you actually believe a president who encouraged a protest really encouraged an insurrection
Not sure what your point is since we know he did beyond any doubt whatsoever.

After hearing yesterday's testimony, how does one even begin to process all of what was said? It was teased as being a potential bombshell. It was closer to carpet bombing.

There were some things we knew about that Hutchinson provided more detail and color for. Like the timing of his tweet accusing Pence of not having the courage to help with the coup coming minutes after Trump was told the mob was chanting "hang Mike Pence." It was a mind boggling disregard for Pence's safety.

There were some things we didn't know, like this.

Trump knew there were weapons in the crowd, wanted to get rid of metal detectors before siccing crowd on Congress

Trump not only knew about weapons in the crowd on Jan. 6, but actually seemed to embrace that fact, Hutchinson testified. She focused on Trump’s rage upon learning that the immediate crowd area around the stage at the White House Ellipse — the part that was surrounded by metal detectors — was not full because people in the crowd had weapons and could not go through the magnetometers with them.

Backstage at the rally, Hutchinson said she overheard Trump say something to the effect of, “I don’t effing care that they have weapons. They’re not here to hurt me. Take the effing mags away. Let my people in, they can march to the Capitol from here. Let the people in, take the effing mags away.”

I thought I had become immune to being shocked by the Orange Menace. That still shocked me. I was reminded of all the times he boasted about the size of his rally crowds. And of course who can forget Don forcing Sean Spicer to go to the WH podium and lie about the size of the inaugural crowd? Clearly, this was much worse. It would be enough to keep Faux having an apoplectic fit for years. All the other far right wing outlets would similarly be in meltdown mode. The story would infinitely reverberate around the right wing sound chamber. With Trump, it's just one of many outrages. Too many to count. Too many to elicit the appropriate amount of indignity or attention. He has once again flooded the zone with atrocity just as he did for his entire presidency.
Yes, the number of lies she spewed is overwhelming..........and growing.

Forum List

Back