Fox channel blocked 2 days this week by DirectTv

Fox has a weaker signal than CNN. When it rains hard, I lose it.

All channels are carried on the same signal on Direct TV. Also I haven't noticed any outages recently on Fox or otherwise.
I haven't got Direct TV. I'm TELLIN ya, when it rains hard I can sometimes still get CNN but not Fox. It seems to be a weaker signal, although I know they come off the same satellite. Are you like one of those mechanics who tells me my car DOESN'T have a funny noise when indeed it's got a funny noise? Jeeesus.

All channels are carried on the same signal on Direct TV. Also I haven't noticed any outages recently on Fox or otherwise.
Her rabbit ears aren't long enough for a good FOX feed.

Seriously though, if one station is weak on satellite the dish needs adjusting.

I haven't got Direct TV. I'm TELLIN ya, when it rains hard I can sometimes still get CNN but not Fox. It seems to be a weaker signal, although I know they come off the same satellite. Are you like one of those mechanics who tells me my car DOESN'T have a funny noise when indeed it's got a funny noise? Jeeesus.
Your dish is out of alignment, get a tech there and have him tweak it, he should check all incoming satellites. You can test them from the setup to. Below 75% is iffy.

Cable companies usually use multiple receivers, that could have a bearing on it, but if I lose direct, I lose it all. If you have Dish, they also use multiple receivers.

They run on different frequencies so its possible one is weaker than the other due to some kind of interference.

Cable companies usually use multiple receivers, that could have a bearing on it, but if I lose direct, I lose it all. If you have Dish, they also use multiple receivers.
Receivers don't have anything to do with it unless you have a standard def one and want a HD signal. If they even have standard anymore, which I doubt.

Receivers don't have anything to do with it unless you have a standard def one and want a HD signal. If they even have standard anymore, which I doubt.

I've had mine almost 20 years, unless they changed it when a tree fell on the dish and bent it. As far as I know they only installed a new dish and used the old receiver, it wasn't damaged.

I've had mine almost 20 years, unless they changed it when a tree fell one the dish and bent it. As far as I know they only installed a new dish and used the old receiver, it wasn't damaged.
Jesus, upgrade the thing. The newer ones are much faster, bigger drives and memory.

I've had mine almost 20 years, unless they changed it when a tree fell one the dish and bent it. As far as I know they only installed a new dish and used the old receiver, it wasn't damaged.
Jesus, upgrade the thing. The newer ones are much faster, bigger drives and memory.

Works fine for me, I don't use a DVR or anything fancy.

2 day blackout and nobody missed them until today ...

:lmao:

Forum List

Back