Four senators sold stocks before coronavirus threat crashed market

5e74238023000055280c6625.png

Senators Richard Burr and Kelly Loeffler both made dozens of stock trades shortly after private health briefings for Congress began in January.

CORONA CRONIES: *TWO* SENS CASHED IN ON CATASTROPHE

The plot thickens...

Indeed it does. Dianne Feinstein and hubby dump over $6 million in stocks right before the crash:

Dianne Feinstein, 3 Senate colleagues sold off stocks before coronavirus crash: reports

Will lefties demand her resignation?
Yes she should resign...especially if she was urging everyone that this virus was a hoax and nothing to be worried about...

But only a total moron would be claiming this virus was a hoax made up by the Democrats...oh wait!

Can you provide exact quote of any moron who said that?

{searched for any mention of this in Congress Forum, found none}

Pro Publica:

>> Soon after he offered public assurances that the government was ready to battle the coronavirus, the powerful chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Richard Burr, sold off a significant percentage of his stocks, unloading between $628,000 and $1.72 million of his holdings on Feb. 13 in 33 separate transactions.

As the head of the intelligence committee, Burr, a North Carolina Republican, has access to the government’s most highly classified information about threats to America’s security. His committee was receiving daily coronavirus briefings around this time, according to a Reuters story.

A week after Burr’s sales, the stock market began a sharp decline and has lost about 30% since.

On Thursday, Burr came under fire after NPR obtained a secret recording from Feb. 27, in which the lawmaker gave a VIP group at an exclusive social club a much more dire preview of the economic impact of the coronavirus than what he had told the public.

... According to the NPR report, Burr told attendees of the luncheon held at the Capitol Hill Club: “There’s one thing that I can tell you about this: It is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history ... It is probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic.”

He warned that companies might have to curtail their employees’ travel, that schools could close and that the military might be mobilized to compensate for overwhelmed hospitals.

Burr’s public comments had been considerably less dire. In a Feb. 7 op-ed that he co-authored with another senator, he assured the public that “the United States today is better prepared than ever before to face emerging public health threats, like the coronavirus.” He wrote, “No matter the outbreak or threat, Congress and the federal government have been vigilant in identifying gaps in its readiness efforts and improving its response capabilities.” <<​

How conveeeeeenient.

This klown should resign at the minimum. I don't need corruption representing my state.
The information was given during a private security meeting that feinstein had been a part of.

That doesn't change the fact that he used that information for a huge stock sell off. That's a felony.
and so did Finestien lock them up
Also point is gator breath ignored Finestien and went after the Republican

Once AGAIN --- the Senator (singular) in my link IS A SENATOR FOR NORTH CAROLINA. That's my state, so it's relevant to me. It's your state too, Dingle.
no ass hat it's not your state you moved from one shithole that you helped to create and now trying to make North Carolina into the same style shithole
but anyway here's a link
Dianne Feinstein, 3 Senate colleagues sold off stocks before coronavirus crash: reports

the government didnt save you from the china virus. cry some more lackey. A chat room libertarian until you get scared.

I am not asking the government to save me from anything, this is about a US Senator giving rich donors inside information that was withheld from the rest of the country.

I realize you are never allowed to say anything bad about your beloved party, but anyone that is not a fucking mindless sheep would have a problem with this happening....which explains why you do not

Here ya go golfing gator. Cant wash your hands without a government program you know.

When and How to Wash Your Hands | Handwashing | CDC

This from one of the most big government statist on the board. Irony is always lost on the ignorant.

I guess next you will need government instructions on how to sneeze. Oh wait...

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pdf/protect/cdc_cough.pdf

Senators Richard Burr and Kelly Loeffler both made dozens of stock trades shortly after private health briefings for Congress began in January.

The plot thickens...

Indeed it does. Dianne Feinstein and hubby dump over $6 million in stocks right before the crash:

Yes she should resign...especially if she was urging everyone that this virus was a hoax and nothing to be worried about...

But only a total moron would be claiming this virus was a hoax made up by the Democrats...oh wait!

Wasn’t Feinstein the one with the Chinese Communist spy on her staff?

No wonder she had advance information.

4 senators are now under fire for selling major stock holdings as coronavirus spread across the US | Markets Insider

Well there's a couple of ways to look at this.
1. They should all go down regardless
2. The gop should be thankful that Feinstein is one of them so they don't get outed.
Despite the fact that Feinstein is voting for impeachment with her right hand and pushing the sell button with her left
3 . The possibility of Feinstein getting off and the other 3 get canned. Thus reinforcing the idea that dems get favored treatment in the court system

Out of nowhere, Fox Noise suddenly promotes Feinstein to the head of the class. I did Nazi that coming. :rofl:

We did this btw. I started a thread, which was merged into an older one.

The New York Post ran a story this morning when it was only four US Senators accused of insider trading. Only Feinstein was identified by her party affiliation. The other three were just referred to as Senators. I smiled.
And on NPR they were only naming Burr. lol

The plot thickens...

Wasn’t Feinstein the one with the Chinese Communist spy on her staff?

No wonder she had advance information.

Yes, and they buried that story, not a peep for weeks now. They hope everybody forgets about it. I wouldn't doubt she was the real spy, and they framed her driver.

4 senators are now under fire for selling major stock holdings as coronavirus spread across the US | Markets Insider

Well there's a couple of ways to look at this.
1. They should all go down regardless
2. The gop should be thankful that Feinstein is one of them so they don't get outed.
Despite the fact that Feinstein is voting for impeachment with her right hand and pushing the sell button with her left
3 . The possibility of Feinstein getting off and the other 3 get canned. Thus reinforcing the idea that dems get favored treatment in the court system

Out of nowhere, Fox Noise suddenly promotes Feinstein to the head of the class. I did Nazi that coming. :rofl:

We did this btw. I started a thread, which was merged into an older one.

The New York Post ran a story this morning when it was only four US Senators accused of insider trading. Only Feinstein was identified by her party affiliation. The other three were just referred to as Senators. I smiled.
And on NPR they were only naming Burr. lol

I think Burr was either the first, or most prominent, or both, name. The first story I saw (from Pro Publica) was just about him.

{searched for any mention of this in Congress Forum, found none}

Pro Publica:

>> Soon after he offered public assurances that the government was ready to battle the coronavirus, the powerful chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Richard Burr, sold off a significant percentage of his stocks, unloading between $628,000 and $1.72 million of his holdings on Feb. 13 in 33 separate transactions.

As the head of the intelligence committee, Burr, a North Carolina Republican, has access to the government’s most highly classified information about threats to America’s security. His committee was receiving daily coronavirus briefings around this time, according to a Reuters story.

A week after Burr’s sales, the stock market began a sharp decline and has lost about 30% since.

On Thursday, Burr came under fire after NPR obtained a secret recording from Feb. 27, in which the lawmaker gave a VIP group at an exclusive social club a much more dire preview of the economic impact of the coronavirus than what he had told the public.

... According to the NPR report, Burr told attendees of the luncheon held at the Capitol Hill Club: “There’s one thing that I can tell you about this: It is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history ... It is probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic.”

He warned that companies might have to curtail their employees’ travel, that schools could close and that the military might be mobilized to compensate for overwhelmed hospitals.

Burr’s public comments had been considerably less dire. In a Feb. 7 op-ed that he co-authored with another senator, he assured the public that “the United States today is better prepared than ever before to face emerging public health threats, like the coronavirus.” He wrote, “No matter the outbreak or threat, Congress and the federal government have been vigilant in identifying gaps in its readiness efforts and improving its response capabilities.” <<​

How conveeeeeenient.

This klown should resign at the minimum. I don't need corruption representing my state.
The information was given during a private security meeting that feinstein had been a part of.

That doesn't change the fact that he used that information for a huge stock sell off. That's a felony.

Once AGAIN --- the Senator (singular) in my link IS A SENATOR FOR NORTH CAROLINA. That's my state, so it's relevant to me. It's your state too, Dingle.
no ass hat it's not your state you moved from one shithole that you helped to create and now trying to make North Carolina into the same style shithole
but anyway here's a link

It's my state by CHOICE, not by birth, dickhead, BY INVITATION I might add, and the state I moved from was locked out so eat me.

And FYI my family has been here so long one of the counties is literally named after us, so .... welcome to my state, now go home.

And I don't need a link; I brought my own link when I started the thread. Swing and a miss, strike three.

The plot thickens...

I'm sure you can find it in the file of Unquotes that never existed. You know, like "Tim Apple". And "very fine people".
I believe they keep that file in Kansas City Kansas, which is a very wonderful place in Germany where thousands and thousands of people dance on rooftops.

Senator Richard Burr Warned Of Coronavirus Effects In Private Meeting - Intelligence Chairman Raised Virus Alarms Weeks Ago, Secret Recording Shows

So, Burr let the fat cats know what was coming while the rest of us were being treated like mushrooms...kept in the dark and fed bullshit.
selling stock is not a crime

But when you sell stock based on information you get say in a classified briefing and that information isn't available to the general public..it is illegal.
SEC is pretty clear on this.

Oh please.

"Every company should be cognizant of the fact that you may have to alter your travel. You may have to look at your employees and judge whether the trip they're making to Europe is essential or whether it can be done on video conference. Why risk it?" Burr said.

It was already being reported publicly it was becoming a major problem in parts of Europe.
Yeah, real insider trading tips.
Feb 27, cnn
February 27 coronavirus news - CNN
Trump February 26: “Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low. When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

Trump February 28: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
And fn morons support this weasel??? Biden or Hill would have done a far better job imho

Senator Richard Burr Warned Of Coronavirus Effects In Private Meeting - Intelligence Chairman Raised Virus Alarms Weeks Ago, Secret Recording Shows

So, Burr let the fat cats know what was coming while the rest of us were being treated like mushrooms...kept in the dark and fed bullshit.
Politics as usual...
ALL insiders selling on info not available to the public should be kicked out of office repubs as well as dems, and that INCLUDES TRUMP

but anyway here's a link

It's my state by CHOICE, not by birth, dickhead, BY INVITATION I might add, and the state I moved from was locked out so eat me.

And FYI my family has been here so long one of the counties is literally named after us, so .... welcome to my state, now go home.

And I don't need a link; I brought my own link when I started the thread. Swing and a miss, strike three.
it's not your state dickhead
Asshat I know the history of all 100 counties and how they were formed so tell me another lie

This was all in the making years ago.. To bankrupt the country so that there will be no more private property ownership. That is why they are spending so much on moving immigrants from their countries. To place them in a society among angry folks that are trying to survive. If the economy flops. It is going to be another slaughter house like they has done during the time of the civil war in New York city. While the rich will be confiscating their lands. These people are using the American people to do their jobs for them.
Now they have everyone going after each other, but has forgotten about them.

This was all in the making years ago.. To bankrupt the country so that there will be no more private property ownership. That is why they are spending so much on moving immigrants from their countries. To place them in a society among angry folks that are trying to survive. If the economy flops. It is going to be another slaughter house like they has done during the time of the civil war in New York city. While the rich will be confiscating their lands. These people are using the American people to do their jobs for them.
Now they have everyone going after each other, but has forgotten about them.

You know, every time you load a thread up with mindless YouTube videos, it slows down the page loading for everybody.

QUIT DOING THAT or go on my Ignore list. Fer fuck's sake you ain't the center of the fucking universe, Dippy.

Forum List

Back