Four-day workweek, 46% raise: UAW makes 'audacious' demands ahead of possible strike against Big 3 automakers

Go back to your marxist family, maybe they should of aborted your ass while you were on the doctors table, trying to be figured out what gender you are.

Says the suck ass who loves the Red Chinese and giant corporate welfare bunnies. The welfare bunnies make you their little girly bitch every day.

A four-day workweek at full-time pay, a 46% wage increase and a share of company profits are among the demands of the union representing approximately 150,000 workers at the Big 3 U.S. automakers -- General Motors, Ford and Stellantis.

The United Auto Workers, or UAW, has vowed to launch a strike on Sept. 14 if the union and the automakers fail to reach an agreement by then.

Even UAW President Shawn Fain last month described the workers' set of demands as "audacious." He has defended the ambitious agenda in a series of public statements, citing billions in profits enjoyed by the Big 3.

The automakers, meanwhile, have largely rejected the demands. Only Ford has presented a contract proposal, offering a 9% wage increase over the term of the contract, plus a one-time payout that brings the total raise to 15%.

We're moving in the direction where unless you have a Government job, a Union job, or work for a large tech company you're fucked.

Plenty of foreign cars are made in USA without unions......Just sayin'.

Capitalist theory is that all parties will negotiate to the limit of their power, so go for it.

Says the suck ass who loves the Red Chinese and giant corporate welfare bunnies. The welfare bunnies make you their little girly bitch every day.

Giant welfare bunnies?

Maybe they mean like GM and Chrysler that Queer Barry bailed out or do they mean the Wall Street banks he bailed out?

Maybe they mean GM, Chrysler and Ford that are going to get billions in taxpayer subsidies from Potatohead to build the stupid EVs.

Or maybe they mean the Environmental Wacko companies that are getting billions in government subsides?

Or maybe they mean the fucking corrupt asshole Teamster's Union that Potatohead gave billions to bail out their bloated pensions?

The Democrats hand out welfare to everybody and their little brown dog.

Like now Ole Potatohead is giving India a ton of money for them to build electric trains. How fucking stupid is that when we are $33 trillion in debt?

That%27s%20just%20goofy-S.jpg

Then you agree that when the company has far lower profits, the workers agree to cut their wages that year or pay the company to make up the loss?

Here is what I said in another post on this thread.

"Yeah, the wage increase sounds outrageous but it is over four years. Since President Biden took office, prices have gone up 19% and gas is going up again."

and this:

"Some of the union demands are outrageous but many are reasonable."

"I recently saw that building an electric car takes 40% fewer workers. The automakers are losing an obscene amount of money to build each one. At the same time, taxpayers are paying them an obscene amount of money through our government to build more of them."

"Who is the loser?"
Are you unaware the UAW did agree to significantly reduce union pay and benefits after the Great Recession?

Are you unaware the UAW did agree to significantly reduce union pay and benefits after the Great Recession?
When trucks cost now more than a dang house before Covid....peeps gonna stop buying them. And this will make it higher.

Crazy or is it a strategy to make gas engines soo high you gotta buy a dang Golf Cart?

Are you aware of what I posted? That some of their demands are reasonable. Also, I made my living negotiating for over 45 years. The golden rule is...

It isn't where the BIDDING STARTS,
It is where the BIDDING ENDS!

Giant welfare bunnies?

Maybe they mean like GM and Chrysler that Queer Barry bailed out or do they mean the Wall Street banks he bailed out?

Maybe they mean GM, Chrysler and Ford that are going to get billions in taxpayer subsidies from Potatohead to build the stupid EVs.

Or maybe they mean the Environmental Wacko companies that are getting billions in government subsides?

Or maybe they mean the fucking corrupt asshole Teamster's Union that Potatohead gave billions to bail out their bloated pensions?

The Democrats hand out welfare to everybody and their little brown dog.

Like now Ole Potatohead is giving India a ton of money for them to build electric trains. How fucking stupid is that when we are $33 trillion in debt?

Whenever you frauds get around to promoting real free markets instead of crying about unions let us know. The fact is without the stream of bailouts since the 1960's the markets and banks would all be bankrupted a long time ago, and those 401K's and stocks would be worthless. Remove the 'Corporate Personhood' scam, the limited liability protections, the friendly bankruptcy courts, the floors and tax penalties on short selling, the tax write offs for creating hot money, etc., then get back to us on how all 'self made' you welfare bunnies are. Oh, wait, that will never happen. Never mind.

Are you aware of what I posted? That some of their demands are reasonable. Also, I made my living negotiating for over 45 years. The golden rule is...

It isn't where the BIDDING STARTS,
It is where the BIDDING ENDS!
This got me to thinking. A 32 hour week COULD benefit the company as now, they hire more people and begin 24/7 shift work based upon the 32 hour week and vary the days off.
For example (1st shift):
One worker has Saturday-Monday off
Another could have Sunday-Tuesday
Another Monday-Wednesday
and so on.
Days off and shifts could be bid based on seniority. In this case, low man on the totem pole works graveyard with midweek RDOs.

Whenever you frauds get around to promoting real free markets instead of crying about unions let us know. The fact is without the stream of bailouts since the 1960's the markets and banks would all be bankrupted a long time ago, and those 401K's and stocks would be worthless. Remove the 'Corporate Personhood' scam, the limited liability protections, the friendly bankruptcy courts, the floors and tax penalties on short selling, the tax write offs for creating hot money, etc., then get back to us on how all 'self made' you welfare bunnies are. Oh, wait, that will never happen. Never mind.
Problem with unions is they've been in the Democrats' back pocket since time immemorial. Conservative rank and file never have a voice. If they remained politically neutral, then I believe there would not be as muck flack.

You are confused Moon Bat.

The reason why the banks have so much trouble is because they are heavily regulated by the filthy ass government. Whenever the government gets involved things go to hell.

For instance, it was that despicable Community Reinvestment Act that caused all the trouble in the banking industry that resulted in them almost going bankrupt in 2006 and 2007.

"Hey, lets use the government to put pressure on the banks to give credit to people that have neither the means or the inclination to pay it back, you know so Negroes can buy a home, what could possibly go wrong?"

Forum List

Back