Fossil fuel industries have a large quiver full of strategies to lure us away from the truth

Just fucking lol to all of this. Everything the scientists are accused of by deniers somehow doesn't apply to the actual for profit oil companies. Somehow how they don't have any financial incentives to distort the narrative, the findings. It's ok for them to have a best guess versus ironclad perfect predictions. Etc. How much lube do you go through dickriding Exxon so ferociously?

Why would you IGNORE the fact that THEIR GW predictions way back then were FAR MORE RATIONAL and ACCURATE than any of the UN IPCC climate predictions? Like I SAID -- there was nothing to hide. MOST corporate research aint for publication or public disclosure.

They "distorted" NOTHING. They made their best guess. IN FACT -- the furor at the time that research paper was leaked -- was NOT ABOUT whether it was accurate or NOT -- it was about the fact that they DISCUSSED AND STUDIED Global Warming. And what's your exact problem with that?

FURTHERMORE -- at that time -- ALL of what you call the "iron-clad" predictions being made in the infant science of GW warming FAILED within a decade or two. The difference being that the "outside scientists" were pushing CATASTROPHIC theories that had flimsy basis. And the oil company was projecting the future on the ACTUAL power of CO2 to warm the atmosphere. Not the invented SUPERPOWERS that were invented by the "mainstream" scientists.

All that is in the rear view mirror at this point. EVERY model of that time has been revised CONSTANTLY DOWNWARDS for the past 30 years or so -- and YET -- all those CATASTROPHIC theories and predictions STILL LIVE ON THE INTERNET.

So that YOU can keep your panties in a wad over the planet ENDING in 8 years.

Believing oil companies are responsible for brainwashing the nation into believing that AGW is a hoax is a textbook example of an external locus of control.

On the one side, all the good fossil fuels have provided to mankind....on the other hand, some scientists trying to get government grants. Imagine the action they get at parties now, "What do you do?" "I'm saving the world with my global warming research!"

Reminds me of an old Dire Straits song.
Disappointing

Just fucking lol to all of this. Everything the scientists are accused of by deniers somehow doesn't apply to the actual for profit oil companies. Somehow how they don't have any financial incentives to distort the narrative, the findings. It's ok for them to have a best guess versus ironclad perfect predictions. Etc. How much lube do you go through dickriding Exxon so ferociously?
The world should be using more fossil fuels not less.

Many of you are convinced that climate scientists are all participating in a massive fraud solely for their salaries. At the same time, you reject the idea that the fossil fuel industry has taken any action against the existential threat it faces from the conclusions of mainstream science. These both show what a simple task faces the people who want you to keep buying their coal and oil.

Again...nobody is caring about the science.

The "truth" is only embraced by the fringe of society...the deep matrix bubble dwellers ( there are a grand total of four or five in this forum :fingerscrossed: )

Solar still providing less than 4% of grid electricity....laughable.

happy_man_laughing_7.jpg

No, dumb ass. Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University on Earth has policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. The scientists I listen to publish articles in peer reviewed journals.

Lol...youve been saying that exact same thing in here for 13 years :eusa_dance::eusa_dance: About 1,000 times. Drrrrrr

Nobody cares....still.

Watch what happens in Germany over the next five months....

FunnyScienceFair13-11.jpg

It’s already been proven that converting photons into electricity - that would have otherwise produced heat by striking the surface of the planet - creates an incremental cooling effect. Satellites measured less infrared radiation at SIX solar farms after PV cells were installed.

It’s already been proven that converting photons into electricity - that would have otherwise produced heat by striking the surface of the planet - creates an incremental cooling effect. Satellites measured less infrared radiation at SIX solar farms after PV cells were installed.
Proven? You REALLY don't seem to know what that word means.

Show us ONE expert who agrees with you on this. ONE.

Proven? You REALLY don't seem to know what that word means.

Show us ONE expert who agrees with you on this. ONE.
How many times do I need to provide the link to the paper to you?

They measured incrementally less infrared radiation at six solar farms after PV cells were installed. The incrementally cooler temperatures occurred during daylight hours when photons were being converted into electricity. The nighttime readings were only slightly cooler with PV cells compared to without PV cells.

How many times do I need to provide the link to the paper to you?
That's not the problem. I need you to show us an expert who believes solar panels will cool the Earth and increase the chances of the onset of an ice age. And I'm not talking about mitigating AGW by reducing GHG emissions (which you reject anyway). I'm talking about an expert who expresses the same conclusion you seem to have reached that solar panels cool the planet directly.
They measured incrementally less infrared radiation at six solar farms after PV cells were installed. The incrementally cooler temperatures occurred during daylight hours when photons were being converted into electricity. The nighttime readings were only slightly cooler with PV cells compared to without PV cells.
That's lovely. And while they were at it, did they find that the Earth as a whole was being cooled? Did they have some idea as to where the heat generated by the energy those solar panels were producing might have gone?

Last edited:
That's not the problem. I need you to show us an expert who believes solar panels will cool the Earth and increase the chances of the onset of an ice age. And I'm not talking about mitigating AGW by reducing GHG emissions (which you reject anyway). I'm talking about an expert who expresses the same conclusion you seem to have reached that solar panels cool the planet directly.

That's lovely. And while they were at it, did they find that the Earth as a whole was being cooled? Did they have some idea as to where the heat generated by the energy those solar panels were producing might have gone?
That will come after they install a shit load of PV cells. It’s just a matter of time.

Many of you are convinced that climate scientists are all participating in a massive fraud solely for their salaries. At the same time, you reject the idea that the fossil fuel industry has taken any action against the existential threat it faces from the conclusions of mainstream science. These both show what a simple task faces the people who want you to keep buying their coal and oil.

How about the fact that the world depends on fossil fuel for energy?

This winter the world will pay more for less energy because leaders like joe biden want to starve the public of coal and other fossil fuels?

Thats a fact that greenies dont like to mention

How about the fact that the world depends on fossil fuel for energy?

This winter the world will pay more for less energy because leaders like joe biden want to starve the public of coal and other fossil fuels?

Thats a fact that greenies dont like to mention
The only thing Joe Biden has done that has increased our energy costs is to provide military assistance to the Ukraine. I have no problem at all mentioning it. Biden quite clearly told us when he chose to assist Ukraine that this would be the result. If you don't think you can handle the strain, ask your grandparents how they managed to get through World War II.

The only thing Joe Biden has done that has increased our energy costs is to provide military assistance to the Ukraine. I have no problem at all mentioning it. Biden quite clearly told us when he chose to assist Ukraine that this would be the result. If you don't think you can handle the strain, ask your grandparents how they managed to get through World War II.
Biden is wedded to the liberal goal of zero fossil fuel production

He has made public promises to end fossil fuel

And the reason is to force consumers to accept alternative energy that is inadequate for our needs

Forum List

Back