Former Trump Lawyer Sidney Powell Demands Speedy Trial In Trump Georgia Election Interference Case

Anxiety caused by uncertainty about her future, life on hold as hostage to the justice system, legal bills piling up waiting for the prosecutors to say, "Ok, NOW we really are ready," and damage to her reputation and professional standing due to being under indictment.

All that should not be stretched out due to a lollygagging prosecutor. That's the whole point of the Constitution's guarantee that a defendant get a fair trial.
Jebus, it is not the prosecutor dragging it out. She is prepared for all 19 defendents, on October 23, under Georgia law.

IT IS TRUMP who wants to delay the trial, silly one!

RICO CHARGES should be brought together for the jury's complete picture....imo.

Jebus, it is not the prosecutor dragging it out. She is prepared for all 19 defendents, on October 23, under Georgia law.

IT IS TRUMP who wants to delay the trial, silly one!
Yes, I get that. Trump will easily delay all of his trials until he is in the White House. You know what happens then.

Again you read my post without context.

I was addressing okfine 's dismissive question about anxiety being the only reason for Powell to want a speedy trial. I listed the reasons why Powell would want a speedy trial - or any hypothetical defendant. In your mentally clouded state of TDS, you assumed that I was talking about Trump.

The fact that other lawyers say after the fact that they disagree with your lawyer, does not make you a criminal for following your own lawyer's advice is the point.
If he can prove that point in court! I think Eastman decided it was unconstitutional in the end, but Trump still did it....is Eastman's claimed defense, I believe....?

How is that "ready?" "As early as" October? That's a meaningless phrase.

If you're not ready to go to trial, don't indict until you are.
facepalm.gif

If he can prove that point in court! I think Eastman decided it was unconstitutional in the end, but Trump still did it....is Eastman's claimed defense, I believe....?
Of course, it is the prosecutor who has the obligation to prove points in court. Trump need only cast reasonable doubt as to the prosecutor's case.

Stupid, really. They must honor a request for a Speedy Trial. Must. There really is no discretion.
Yes, they may be forced to sever Powell's case from Trump's.

Which I don't see the big deal about. What kind of case to they have if they can only win it if every ruling goes their way and they can completely control the conditions?

Of course, it is the prosecutor who has the obligation to prove points in court. Trump need only cast reasonable doubt as to the prosecutor's case.
Good luck! The phone calls have been heard by millions. Your lord and savior is going down.

How is that "ready?" "As early as" October? That's a meaningless phrase.

If you're not ready to go to trial, don't indict until you are.
The week of October23 is the dictated date in Georgia law, that corresponds to the date that a defendant requests a speedy trial for this case...discovery presented by November 9th....

It's Georgia law, that dictates the dates of a speedy trial requested.

Interesting analysis. I don't take it as Trump's lawyers blaming bad legal advice, and I certainly never heard Trump's lawyers say that it was bad advice. Trump's lawyer has said several times that Trump followed legal advice in what he did, and therefore criminal intent cannot be proven.

The fact that other lawyers say after the fact that they disagree with your lawyer, does not make you a criminal for following your own lawyer's advice is the point.
Following your lawyer's advice may be a mitigating factor....but I doubt it's exculpatory.

Following your lawyer's advice may be a mitigating factor....but I doubt it's exculpatory.
Mitigating only comes into play if they prove he committed a crime. Not one Trump hater on here has met my challenge to name Trump's actions and the criminal statute they violated.

Yes, I get that. Trump will easily delay all of his trials until he is in the White House. You know what happens then.

Again you read my post without context.

I was addressing okfine 's dismissive question about anxiety being the only reason for Powell to want a speedy trial. I listed the reasons why Powell would want a speedy trial - or any hypothetical defendant. In your mentally clouded state of TDS, you assumed that I was talking about Trump.
I think we will see Trump on trial well before the General Elections.

I think we will see Trump on trial well before the General Elections.
It's possible, but I doubt it. We have yet to see Trump's side begin its fight, and delaying the trials will be part of the fight. Trump's skilled attorneys against the Affirmative Action hire prosecutors will be a pretty lopsided fight.

Obviously, the prosecution strategy will be to start a trial during the election year, and present evidence right up until November 5th.

Which trial do you see starting before the general elections, BTW? If they try to start more than one of the trials, Trump's lawyers will be going to go to a higher court and say, "please get these prosecutors under control. My client cannot be tried in four locations at once." This is unprecedented, because prosecutors from different jurisdictions normally agree on some batting order.

That decision will not come overnight, and will likely be appealed whatever it is.

No they are not. Not one time, or you would have quoted it already.
You are telling me..sniggers..that the Georgia indictment dos not list the charges against Trump? That it does not quote the appropriate statutes?
That it does not enumerate, in great detail, the actions that led to the charges being brought?

If so..I think you have some reading to do

A very small excerpt..please don't bother responding to the excerpt..but if you actually read the whole thing, you can see why your statement is ludicrous.

INTRODUCTION
Defendant Donald John Trump lost the United States presidential election held on
November 3, 2020. One of the states he lost was Georgia. Trump and the other Defendants
charged in this Indictment refused to accept that Trump lost, and they knowingly and willfully
joined a conspiracy to unlawfully change the outcome of the election in favor of Trump. That
conspiracy contained a common plan and purpose to commit two or more acts of racketeering
activity in Fulton County, Georgia, elsewhere in the State of Georgia, and in other states

MANNER AND METHODS OF THE ENTERPRISE
The manner and methods used by the Defendants and other members and associates of
the enterprise to further the goals of the enterprise and to achieve its purposes included, but were
not limited to, the following:
1. False Statements to and Solicitation of State Legislatures
Members of the enterprise, including several of the Defendants, appeared at hearings in
Fulton County, Georgia, before members of the Georgia General Assembly on December 3,
2020, December 10, 2020, and December 30, 2020. At these hearings, members of the enterprise
made false statements concerning fraud in the November 3, 2020, presidential election. The
purpose of these false statements was to persuade Georgia legislators to reject lawfill electoral
votes cast by the duly elected and qualified presidential electors from Georgia. Members of the
enterprise corruptly solicited Georgia legislators instead to unlawfillly appoint their own
presidential electors for the purpose of casting electoral votes for Donald Trump. Members of the
enterprise also made false statements to state legislators during hearings and meetings in
Arizona, Michigan, and Pennsylvania in November and December 2020 to persuade legislators
in those states to unlawfillly appoint their own presidential electors.
2. False Statements to and Solicitation of HighRanking State Officials
Members of the enterprise, including several of the Defendants, made false statements in
Fulton County and elsewhere in the State of Georgia to Georgia officials, including the
Governor, the Secretary cf State, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Members of
the enterprise also corruptly solicited Georgia officials, including the Secretary of State and the
Speaker of the House of Representatives, to violate their oaths to the Georgia Constitution and to
the United States Constitution by unlawfully changing the outcome of the November 3, 2020,
presidential election in Georgia in favor of Donald Trump. Members of the enterprise also made

false statements to and solicited state officials in Arizona, Michigan, and Pennsylvania

Forum List

Back