Former Trump Lawyer Sidney Powell Demands Speedy Trial In Trump Georgia Election Interference Case

You are telling me..sniggers..that the Georgia indictment dos not list the charges against Trump? That it does not quote the appropriate statutes?
That it does not enumerate, in great detail, the actions that led to the charges being brought?

If so..I think you have some reading to do

A very small excerpt..please don't bother responding to the excerpt..but if you actually read the whole thing, you can see why your statement is ludicrous.

INTRODUCTION
Defendant Donald John Trump lost the United States presidential election held on
November 3, 2020. One of the states he lost was Georgia. Trump and the other Defendants
charged in this Indictment refused to accept that Trump lost, and they knowingly and willfully
joined a conspiracy to unlawfully change the outcome of the election in favor of Trump. That
conspiracy contained a common plan and purpose to commit two or more acts of racketeering
activity in Fulton County, Georgia, elsewhere in the State of Georgia, and in other states

MANNER AND METHODS OF THE ENTERPRISE
The manner and methods used by the Defendants and other members and associates of
the enterprise to further the goals of the enterprise and to achieve its purposes included, but were
not limited to, the following:
1. False Statements to and Solicitation of State Legislatures
Members of the enterprise, including several of the Defendants, appeared at hearings in
Fulton County, Georgia, before members of the Georgia General Assembly on December 3,
2020, December 10, 2020, and December 30, 2020. At these hearings, members of the enterprise
made false statements concerning fraud in the November 3, 2020, presidential election. The
purpose of these false statements was to persuade Georgia legislators to reject lawfill electoral
votes cast by the duly elected and qualified presidential electors from Georgia. Members of the
enterprise corruptly solicited Georgia legislators instead to unlawfillly appoint their own
presidential electors for the purpose of casting electoral votes for Donald Trump. Members of the
enterprise also made false statements to state legislators during hearings and meetings in
Arizona, Michigan, and Pennsylvania in November and December 2020 to persuade legislators
in those states to unlawfillly appoint their own presidential electors.
2. False Statements to and Solicitation of HighRanking State Officials
Members of the enterprise, including several of the Defendants, made false statements in
Fulton County and elsewhere in the State of Georgia to Georgia officials, including the
Governor, the Secretary cf State, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Members of
the enterprise also corruptly solicited Georgia officials, including the Secretary of State and the
Speaker of the House of Representatives, to violate their oaths to the Georgia Constitution and to
the United States Constitution by unlawfully changing the outcome of the November 3, 2020,
presidential election in Georgia in favor of Donald Trump. Members of the enterprise also made

false statements to and solicited state officials in Arizona, Michigan, and Pennsylvania
Of course I respond to the excerpt. That's what you are presenting as your best case that the indictments contain criminal statutes and specific actions that violate them.

Your excerpt falls short, and so does the rest of the indictment.

I don't see a list of the criminal statutes that any of these actions supposedly violated. In particular that criminal statute about alternate electors. If it exists, why was JFK not convicted under it?

I don't see the allegedly "false" statements, so certainly not any evidence that they were false.

It really is the "if we put 'unlawfully' in a sentence, we can get away with it" strategy.

That's fine as a strategy to indict that particular ham sandwich, but it would have to be followed up with criminal statutes and specific actions they violate.

You can just believe for the sake of believing, if you like.

Of course I respond to the excerpt. That's what you are presenting as your best case that the indictments contain criminal statutes and specific actions that violate them.

Your excerpt falls short, and so does the rest of the indictment.

I don't see a list of the criminal statutes that any of these actions supposedly violated. In particular that criminal statute about alternate electors. If it exists, why was JFK not convicted under it?

I don't see the allegedly "false" statements, so certainly not any evidence that they were false.

It really is the "if we put 'unlawfully' in a sentence, we can get away with it" strategy.

That's fine as a strategy to indict that particular ham sandwich, but it would have to be followed up with criminal statutes and specific actions they violate.

You can just believe for the sake of believing, if you like.
Yeah...OK..you haven't and won't read it. Cool. I realized this when you revealed that you've not seen the charges and statutes--and they are listed in great detail in the very beginning. I could post the section about the false electors..but I can see that would be a waste of both our time.

You don't put your entire case into an indictment--you don't enumerate evidence in great detail.

Anyway....without reading the entire indictment, I did, BTW...in context....our conversation must be a bit limited.

Oh and no..that excerpt was not intended that way, by me. You just tossed in that I was presenting my 'best case' when in fact I was doing nothing of the kind. A bit intellectually dishonest of you..but I bet it works for you more often than not, eh?

Creation and Distribution of False Electoral College Documents

Members of the enterprise, including several of the Defendants, created false Electoral
College documents and recruited individuals to convene and cast false Electoral College votes at
the Georgia State Capitol, in Fulton County, on December 14, 2020. After the false Electoral
College votes were cast, members of the enterprise transmitted the votes to the President of the
United States Senate, the Archivist of the United States, the Georgia Secretary of State, and the
Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. The false
documents were intended to disrupt and delay the joint session of Congress on January 6, 2021,
in order to unlawfully change the outcome of the November 3, 2020, presidential election in
favor of Donald Trump. Similar schemes were executed by members of the enterprise in Arizona,

Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

Yeah...OK..you haven't and won't read it. Cool. I realized this when you revealed that you've not seen the charges and statutes--and they are listed in great detail in the very beginning. I could post the section about the false electors..but I can see that would be a waste of both our time.

You don't put your entire case into an indictment--you don't enumerate evidence in great detail.

Anyway....without reading the entire indictment, I did, BTW...in context....our conversation must be a bit limited.

Oh and no..that excerpt was not intended that way, by me. You just tossed in that I was presenting my 'best case' when in fact I was doing nothing of the kind. A bit intellectually dishonest of you..but I bet it works for you more often than not, eh?

Creation and Distribution of False Electoral College Documents

Members of the enterprise, including several of the Defendants, created false Electoral
College documents and recruited individuals to convene and cast false Electoral College votes at
the Georgia State Capitol, in Fulton County, on December 14, 2020. After the false Electoral
College votes were cast, members of the enterprise transmitted the votes to the President of the
United States Senate, the Archivist of the United States, the Georgia Secretary of State, and the
Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. The false
documents were intended to disrupt and delay the joint session of Congress on January 6, 2021,
in order to unlawfully change the outcome of the November 3, 2020, presidential election in
favor of Donald Trump. Similar schemes were executed by members of the enterprise in Arizona,

Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
I could ask a million times for the criminal statute that sending a slate of alternative electors violates and you will never be able to provide it. It does not exist.

"That don't sound right to me," doesn't make an action a crime. Violating a criminal statute does.

I understand your dismay that a criminal indictment would not list the criminal statute and the actions that violated it. But that's what happened.

I could ask a million times for the criminal statute that sending a slate of alternative electors violates and you will never be able to provide it. It does not exist.

"That don't sound right to me," doesn't make an action a crime. Violating a criminal statute does.

I understand your dismay that a criminal indictment would not list the criminal statute and the actions that violated it. But that's what happened.
sigh

The crimes alleged involving the false electors don't have anything to do with 'sending a slate'. They have to do with taking an illegal vote and communicating that vote as official to various state and national bodies. It is alleged that it was done as part of a criminal enterprise.

RICO..everything must be shown to contribute to the alleged criminal enterprise. It also mean the legal actions, if taken to further covert illegal actions--can be used to prove the conspiracy aspect of the case.

What this means is that..even if the vote was legal..and that's a stretch..seeing as how Biden won Georgia....but even so..communicating as though it came from the winning candidate furthered the enterprise..the attempted theft of the election by Donald Trump. It's not as though they simply convened and took a pro forma vote, just in case. No, they acted as though it was the official vote..and communicated it the same way.

The state alleges that this was done to sow doubt and confusion, prior to the certification of the vote.

I understand your frustration. You made an assumption about the indictment, stated that assumption as a fact, and now you cannot back it up.
The crimes alleged involving the false electors don't have anything to do with 'sending a slate'. They have to do with taking an illegal vote and communicating that vote as official to various state and national bodies. It is alleged that it was done as part of a criminal enterprise.

RICO..everything must be shown to contribute to the alleged criminal enterprise. It also mean the legal actions, if taken to further covert illegal actions--can be used to prove the conspiracy aspect of the case.
OK, what part of RICO did which actions of Trump violate?
What this means is that..even if the vote was legal..and that's a stretch..seeing as how Biden won Georgia....but even so..communicating as though it came from the winning candidate furthered the enterprise..the attempted theft of the election by Donald Trump. It's not as though they simply convened and took a pro forma vote, just in case. No, they acted as though it was the official vote..and communicated it the same way.
That's a layman's argument that amounts to "that doesn't seem right to me." It would be much quicker to cite the statute, and which part of it any of Trump's actions violated, if you had that information.

You don't have to do that, but the prosecutor is supposed to be able to do that before they get an indictment. You understand that "commit a crime" means to take a specific action that violates a specific criminal statute, right? Not just "doing the wrong thing," or whatever.
The state alleges that this was done to sow doubt and confusion, prior to the certification of the vote.
Ok, what is the criminal statute that forbids "sowing doubt and confusion," and how does it define that act?

You don't know, because there is no such statute. This is not really a criminal case. It is a political case, in which the prosecution's aim is to have people saying things like, "it was done to show doubt and confusion."

You realize that by "sow doubt and confusion," you mean "disagree with Democrats about the legitimacy of the election," right? If, after the Democrats and the news media declared Biden the winner, Trump and his supporters would have all said, "It was a beautiful election, perfectly executed with no corruption whatsoever and Biden was the legitimate winner," there would have been no doubt.

But Trump did not believe that, so he said what he did believe. So there was doubt. Questioning the results of an election is not a crime. If it were then many crimes were committed by the Democrats and the media in the years following November of 2016.

We are allowed to doubt our government in a democracy that honors free speech.

I understand your frustration. You made an assumption about the indictment, stated that assumption as a fact, and now you cannot back it up.

OK, what part of RICO did which actions of Trump violate?

That's a layman's argument that amounts to "that doesn't seem right to me." It would be much quicker to cite the statute, and which part of it any of Trump's actions violated, if you had that information.

You don't have to do that, but the prosecutor is supposed to be able to do that before they get an indictment. You understand that "commit a crime" means to take a specific action that violates a specific criminal statute, right? Not just "doing the wrong thing," or whatever.

Ok, what is the criminal statute that forbids "sowing doubt and confusion," and how does it define that act?

You don't know, because there is no such statute. This is not really a criminal case. It is a political case, in which the prosecution's aim is to have people saying things like, "it was done to show doubt and confusion."

You realize that by "sow doubt and confusion," you mean "disagree with Democrats about the legitimacy of the election," right? If, after the Democrats and the news media declared Biden the winner, Trump and his supporters would have all said, "It was a beautiful election, perfectly executed with no corruption whatsoever and Biden was the legitimate winner," there would have been no doubt.

But Trump did not believe that, so he said what he did believe. So there was doubt. Questioning the results of an election is not a crime. If it were then many crimes were committed by the Democrats and the media in the years following November of 2016.

We are allowed to doubt our government in a democracy that honors free speech.

Trying to overturn an election isn't free speech.

Georgia Judge Denies Sidney Powell Bid To Dismiss Her Georgia Election Interference Case.

Oct. 6 (UPI) -- A state judge in Georgia denied a request from Sidney Powell to dismiss the case against her as part of the sweeping indictment returned against former President Donald Trump and his alleged conspirators for claims he illegally sought to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

Powell, the former attorney for the Trump Campaign, is set to face trial with Kenneth Chesebro on Oct. 23 after the pair requested speedy trials.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee denied the motion because he said he had no authority to dismiss charges at this stage of the case and that a jury should be left to determine whether or not she is guilty, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and ABC News reported.

First "The Kracken" was a speedy trial, which she got. Now she tried to have her dismissed and denied. She knows her shit flakey. She also know she is looking 13-Violations of Georgia RICO Statutes. 5-Year Minimum on each violation totalling 65-Years in the Georgia State Penitentiary.

Powell learning the hard way that she is well and truly fucked, all because she wanted an attorny for the Rapist and Traitor P01135809. Hope you like prison food Sidney.

Georgia Judge Denies Sidney Powell Bid To Dismiss Her Georgia Election Interference Case.

Oct. 6 (UPI) -- A state judge in Georgia denied a request from Sidney Powell to dismiss the case against her as part of the sweeping indictment returned against former President Donald Trump and his alleged conspirators for claims he illegally sought to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

Powell, the former attorney for the Trump Campaign, is set to face trial with Kenneth Chesebro on Oct. 23 after the pair requested speedy trials.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee denied the motion because he said he had no authority to dismiss charges at this stage of the case and that a jury should be left to determine whether or not she is guilty, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and ABC News reported.

First "The Kracken" was a speedy trial, which she got. Now she tried to have her dismissed and denied. She knows her shit flakey. She also know she is looking 13-Violations of Georgia RICO Statutes. 5-Year Minimum on each violation totalling 65-Years in the Georgia State Penitentiary.

Powell learning the hard way that she is well and truly fucked, all because she wanted an attorny for the Rapist and Traitor P01135809. Hope you like prison food Sidney.
7pyz7wa907vb1.png

Trump Co-Defendent Kenneth Chesbro Pleads Guilty In Georgia Election Interference Trial.

FULTON COUNTY, Ga. - Lawyer Kenneth Chesebro, one of the 19 defendants in Georgia's election interference case against former President Donald Trump and his allies, has become the third defendant to plead guilty just before his case was set to go on trial.

According to the negotiated terms, Chesebro will receive 5 years of probation; pay $5,000 restitution; complete 100 hours of community service; write an apology letter; and testify as needed against former President Trump and the remaining defendants.

Jury selection began Friday for Chesbro's trial, which would have been the first trial in the Georgia case accusing Trump and others of illegally scheming to overturn the 2020 election in the state. Shortly after potential jurors were sworn in and given a questionnaire, Chesebro and his team appeared in Judge Scott McAfee's courtroom to enter a plea.

First the Kracken Broke, now Chessybro as well. Both will testify against P01135809 in Gerogia.

Forum List

Back