Former President Trump is Launching TRUTH Social to Combat Tyranny of Big Tech's Twitter and Facebook Censorship

Trump announces he is launching his own social media platform called TRUTH Social to 'stand up to the tyranny of big tech': Ex-president's enterprise will also create subscription video service​

• Former President Donald Trump has plans to launch his own social media network, TRUTH Social, to compete with Silicon Valley
  • 'We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced,' Trump said
  • The network will launch in early 2022 under a merger between Trump Media & Tech Group and Digital World Acquisitions Corp
  • The merged companies will also launch a subscription video service
  • It comes as Twitter and Facebook faced backlash for banning Trump following the January 6 Capitol Hill riot

Currently available for pre-order at the App store:

1. TRUTH Social Will Have a Limited Launch at First

2. TRUTH Social Is Valued at Up to $1.7 Billion

3. Donald Trump Jr. Says, ‘We’re Going to Cancel Cancel Culture’

4. Reaction to TRUTH Social Was Divided

5. A Few Details Have Come Out About Other People Involved in the Social Media Venture

I can't wait to see y'all's memes!

tenor.gif

nx299Y.gif
/-----/ I bought 1,000 shares at $11 yesterday.

Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWACW)​

11.29+10.77 (+2,071.15%)

At close: October 21 4:00PM EDT
24.80 +13.51 (+119.66%)
Pre-Market: 07:19AM EDT

After starting out with what appeared to be fair intent in the OP, he proceeded to troll and attack all who replied rather than actually discussing the topic like an adult.
You m an he acted like a republican?

How terrible!

/-----/ I bought 1,000 shares at $11 yesterday.

Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWACW)​

11.29+10.77 (+2,071.15%)

At close: October 21 4:00PM EDT
24.80 +13.51 (+119.66%)
Pre-Market: 07:19AM EDT

Former president Donald Trump's media venture, Truth Social, could give his new company access to $300 million.

However, some of the investors who funded the venture weren't aware that Trump would be involved, according to a report from the New York Times.

"The details of Mr. Trump's latest partnership were vague," the Times reports. "The statement he issued was reminiscent of the kind of claims he made about his business dealings in New York as a real estate developer. It was replete with high-dollar amounts and superlatives that could not be verified."

Trump's partner in the deal is Digital World Acquisition, which is a "special purpose acquisition company," or SPAC.

"These so-called blank-check companies are an increasingly popular type of investment vehicle that sells shares to the public with the intention of using the proceeds to buy private businesses," the Times reports. "At the time that investors bought shares in Digital World, it had not disclosed what, if any, companies it planned to acquire. On its website, Digital World said that its goal was "to focus on combining with a leading tech company." At least one of the investors, Saba Capital Management, did not know at the time of the initial public offering that Digital World would be doing a transaction with Mr. Trump, according to a person familiar with the matter."

Read more here.

That's a troll thread, and in a different forum, so no dupe here.
Both threads were also posted within one minute of each other. Obviously, it took me a little over one minute to compose my OP.

I am always careful to check for duplicate threads before I start one.

cc: Crepitus

Last edited:

Trump announces he is launching his own social media platform called TRUTH Social to 'stand up to the tyranny of big tech': Ex-president's enterprise will also create subscription video service​

• Former President Donald Trump has plans to launch his own social media network, TRUTH Social, to compete with Silicon Valley
  • 'We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced,' Trump said
  • The network will launch in early 2022 under a merger between Trump Media & Tech Group and Digital World Acquisitions Corp
  • The merged companies will also launch a subscription video service
  • It comes as Twitter and Facebook faced backlash for banning Trump following the January 6 Capitol Hill riot

Currently available for pre-order at the App store:

1. TRUTH Social Will Have a Limited Launch at First

2. TRUTH Social Is Valued at Up to $1.7 Billion

3. Donald Trump Jr. Says, ‘We’re Going to Cancel Cancel Culture’

4. Reaction to TRUTH Social Was Divided

5. A Few Details Have Come Out About Other People Involved in the Social Media Venture

I can't wait to see y'all's memes!

tenor.gif

nx299Y.gif
A few early bumps in the road...as soon as investors learn that Trump is involved...they run for the hills:

The launch of Donald Trump's new social media company "TRUTH" has hit another bump in the road as some early key investors are pulling out after discovering he is one of the principals behind it which they were unaware of at the time they put money into the start-up.
As the New York Times reported, "The details of Mr. Trump's latest partnership were vague. The statement he issued was reminiscent of the kind of claims he made about his business dealings in New York as a real estate developer. It was replete with high-dollar amounts and superlatives that could not be verified."

As Mazza reports, "[Boaz] Weinstein's Saba Capital had been a major investor in Digital World, a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) formed for the purpose of acquiring another company. As is common in SPAC arrangements, investors put their cash in before the acquisition target was chosen. When Weinstein learned it would be with Trump's firm, he bailed."
"I knew that for Saba the right thing was to sell our entire stake of unrestricted shares, which we have now done. Many investors are grappling with hard questions about how to incorporate their values into their work. For us, this was not a close call," he explained.
Another unnamed investor, who reportedly held a 10 percent stake in the company, was considerably more graphic when talking about being taken in by Trump's latest venture and he "sold everything as soon as he could," reports Mazza.
"The idea that I would help [Trump] build out a fake news business called Truth makes me want to throw up," they said.

I will repeal and replace Obamacare, starting on Day One.

I will be too busy to go golf.

I did not know about the payment to Stormy Daniels.

I will pay off the debt in 8 years.

I will provide 6 percent GDP growth.

I will place a lifetime ban on officials lobbying for foreign governments.

I will invest $550 billion in an infrastructure fund.

I will make no cuts to Medicaid.

I will renegotiate the Iran deal.

I will expand the right to carry to all 50 states.

I will removed all undocumented immigrants.

I will build the beautiful, sexy, incredible, amazing, southern wall and make Mexico pay for it!

I will eliminate Common Core.

I will eliminate gun free zones at schools and military bases.

I will end birthright citizenship.

I will reverse China's entry in the the WTO.

I will impose a hiring freeze on federal workers.

I will increase the size of the Army to 540,000 soldiers.

I will bring back waterboarding.

I will balance the federal budget fairly quickly.

I will enact term limits.

I will ban Muslims from entering the US.

I will cut the number of tax brackets.

I will release my tax returns.

I will sue my accusers of sexual misconduct.

I voted for Jo Jorgensen.
Thanks for a responsive reply. I think it's not wise of you to throw away your vote for Jorgensen, but I admire your convictions.

– Replaced NAFTA with USMCA.
– New trade deal with China, replacing TPP.
– Built 450 miles of The Wall.
– Withdrew from Paris Climate Accord.
– Must cancel two new regulations for each one passed.
– Three new SCOTUS justices that are Constitutionalists.
– ISIS pretty much devastated; don’t even hear much about them anymore.
– Immigration restrictions for certain countries where a significant fraction of the population is likely to desire harm to the US.
– Obamacare is no longer mandatory.
– Tax bill passed & hundreds of companies invest in the US by hiking wages and giving bonuses.
– Stock market rocketed.
– Fake media is being recognized.
– President shames NFL kneelers.
– US negotiates from a position of strength again.
– Jerusalem is recognized as the capital of Israel.
– Manufacturing coming back after Obama said it would never happen.
– Lowest African American unemployment ever.
– Lowest Hispanic unemployment ever.
– Lowest female unemployment in decades.
– Terminated Obama’s Iran deal, resulting in their economy collapsing.
– Obliterated Iran’s top commander, Soleimani, who orchestrated an attack on the US embassy in Iraq and was planning more.
– North Korea releases US hostages and returns remains of 55 soldiers.
– North Korea has not launched long-range rockets nor set off atomic weapons.
– NATO members are paying more.
- Started no new wars, which he said is one of his proudest accomplishments.
– Millions of Americans off welfare and food stamps.
– America is leading in energy production again, even exporting oil to China.
– Military and law enforcement are respected by the executive branch again.
– Close to flipping the 9th circuit court, by appointing 10 judges to it, (Obama appointed seven)
– Normalization of relations between Israel and the UAE Bahrain & Morocco. Maybe more countries to come.
- Operation Warp Speed, where the Trump Admin invested in six vaccines, resulting in two remarkably-effective ones in less than one year, an accomplishment the MSM said “would take a miracle.” Fact check: Trump needs 'miracle' to be right about rosy vaccine timeline, experts say

Promises kept. Miracles achieved. Putting America First. Putting you & me first while contributing to global peace and prosperity for all.

Meanwhile, in just nine months, Biden is well on his way to destroying America. He was handed three vaccines, the most secure border in history, low inflation, etc.

Crime and inflation are skyrocketing. He's firing first responders, health care workers and other American Citizens over a shot that doesn't work and they don't need while letting in millions of illegals (many infected) to live off of taxpayer dollars.

America would be a much better place right now had Biden not been installed.

Regards,
Jim

Except it is when it comes from the Left since Hamas is not banned on Twitter. You want an echo chamber because any semblance of debate causes you to cry and hide in your safe space.
There's tons of right wing people on Twitter.

Make no mistake, Trump's platform is going to do nothing they claim. They will undoubtedly ban tons of content from their platform.

Jews have been outnumbered for centuries. We survive and thrive. I ll take my chances. Would rather die than succumb to idiot leftist ideologies. Die. You heard me correctly. I will Die before agreeing that there are more than two genders and that we have systemic racism in America.
Change "die" to "fight." I need you alive and on my team. I have your back.

I am a Conservative. I am not going to judge transgendered people; I've never lived in their shoes. I am all about Liberty and Equal Opportunity for all legal US citizens.

But Rachel Levine calling for letting children choose their gender is child abuse. Some children will eventually want to do such drastic things to their bodies even when they are eventually adults, but now they are children, and impressionable.

When I was a child, I was going to be a stunt man. I turned out to be an engineer.

Gay/Trans people certainly don't deserve special treatment for simply being gay/trans, but if they are law-abiding citizens who do not harm others, I welcome them with open arms to live freely and enjoy the same rights as everyone else... Not special rights, and don't expect me to change the English language by saying new made up pronouns.

All of the gay people I have personally met are great. I can't relate myself, but we are all different. Get used to it. It's all over the news about the increase with the younger generation. I will resist any efforts to shove it in my face or make me pay for it, though.

Be gay or lesbian or whatever, just don't hurt others,

The Declaration of Independence says, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

The 14th Amendment to the US Constitution says, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. "

It is a Conservative position to support liberty for all. I welcome gay people to the Republican party. Democrats will tell you that you need help. Conservatives will tell you that you have the potential to make the best of yourself.

That said, we don't need laws or executive orders to allow creepy men to pee in our daughters' rest rooms. And letting biological men compete against women in competitive physical sports is absurd. Being born with a Y chromosome gifts one with larger heart, lungs, blood supply and muscles. These advantages persist after gender reassignment surgery and hormone therapy. We should not harm "the normal" for the sake of the confused.

There's tons of right wing people on Twitter.

Make no mistake, Trump's platform is going to do nothing they claim. They will undoubtedly ban tons of content from their platform.
Tons? LOL

Trumps platform will be cancelled like I said. I am not on social media. It is a cesspool of idiots like you. From both sides.

Forum List

Back