Former NFL lost job because of gay marriage opinion

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Former Vikings punter says he lost job due to stance on gay marriage | For The Win

.... “Throughout the months of September, October, and November, Minnesota Vikings special-teams coordinator Mike Priefer would use homophobic language in my presence…He would ask me if I had written any letters defending ‘the gays’ recently and denounce as disgusting the idea that two men would kiss, and he would constantly belittle or demean any idea of acceptance or tolerance…Mike Priefer also said on multiple occasions that I would wind up burning in hell with the gays, and that the only truth was Jesus Christ and the Bible. He said all this in a semi-joking tone, and I responded in kind…” ...

“As [my teammates and I] sat down in our chairs, Mike Priefer, in one of the meanest voices I can ever recall hearing, said: ‘We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows.’ The room grew intensely quiet, and none of the players said a word for the rest of the meeting.”

The original article is linked.

I hope that someday we can finally put this hate and fear behind us.

Chris Kluwe didn't even make the list of the 40 top punters in the NFL. His stats are steadily declining and he is 32 years old. Maybe he lost his job because he never was a good punter and he isn't getting any better.

1236646217949.gif

Chris Kluwe didn't even make the list of the 40 top punters in the NFL. His stats are steadily declining and he is 32 years old. Maybe he lost his job because he never was a good punter and he isn't getting any better.

Really? What's your source on that?

Because Bleacher Report had him ranked as their #8 punter in 2012, up from #19 in 2011. Football Nation had him ranked lower at #27 in 2012. In 2007 Kluwe became one of the top 10 highest paid punters in the NFL. He holds almost 20 Vikings punt records.

He's obviously never getting into the Hall of Fame, but if you're going to make statements like that let's at least get some facts to back them up.

In the NFL if you can play people don't care what you've done or believe. I would bet that his lack of a job has as much to do with supporting gay marriage as Tim Tebow's does with opposing it.

If you can play in that league you'll find a job. There's too much money involved.

Fmr. Viking Kluwe: ?I Was Fired By Mike Priefer, A Bigot? « CBS Minnesota

Kluwe spoke out openly and frequently about equality for gays and lesbians, and he would say that the Vikings had no problem with it.

“The organization has been very supportive about my right to make my views known,” Kluwe said in a 2012 interview with WCCO.

But now, in an online article titled “I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot,” Kluwe refers to Frazier and Vikings GM Rick Spielman as cowards and Priefer a bigot.

Kluwe wrote that Priefer became increasingly hostile toward him, telling him he would “burn in hell with the gays.”

He said Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, on the other hand, shook Kluwe’s hand and encouraged him to speak out, but Spielman, Frazier and Priefer teamed up to get rid of him.

On late Thursday afternoon, Priefer released this statement:

“I vehemently deny today’s allegations made by Chris Kluwe.

I want to be clear that I do not tolerate discrimination of any type and am respectful of all individuals. I personally have gay family members who I love and support just as I do any family member.

I'd bet my house that the homo punter is lying his ass off like any typical libtard.

wonder if he spoke out on Duck Dynasty being suspended over something HE SAID?

any bets?

pfeesh

Last edited:
After the big stink from the rw's about the old fart on DD, this is exactly the reaction I expected.

and then wish we could put all this hate and fear behind us

man oh man, nothing like talking out of both side's of your ass

Here is the Coach's Statement:

I want to be clear that I do not tolerate discrimination of any type and am respectful of all individuals. I personally have gay family members who I love and support just as I do any family member.

The primary reason I entered coaching was to affect people in a positive way. As a coach, I have always created an accepting environment for my players, including Chris, and have looked to support them both on and off the field.

The comments today have not only attacked my character and insulted my professionalism, but they have also impacted my family. While my career focus is to be a great professional football coach, my number one priority has always been to be a protective husband and father to my wife and children.

I will continue to work hard for the Minnesota Vikings, the Wilf family and all of our loyal fans.”

Kluwe spoke out openly and frequently about equality for gays and lesbians, and he would say that the Vikings had no problem with it.

“The organization has been very supportive about my right to make my views known,” Kluwe said in a 2012 interview with WCCO.

But now, in an online article titled “I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot,” Kluwe refers to Frazier and Vikings GM Rick Spielman as cowards and Priefer a bigot.

Kluwe wrote that Priefer became increasingly hostile toward him, telling him he would “burn in hell with the gays.”

He said Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, on the other hand, shook Kluwe’s hand and encouraged him to speak out, but Spielman, Frazier and Priefer teamed up to get rid of him.

I'd bet my house that the homo punter is lying his ass off like any typical libtard.

So...you know that Kluwe is a heterosexual married father-of-two libertarian, right?

His dismissal from the Vikings was probably a money / performance thing. The kid the Vikings drafted to take his place is doing just as well, costs a lot less, and isn't a media distraction. That said, if he had just STFU and did his job, he would probably still be working somewhere. Disgruntled ex-employee spouting off about a former boss.

Former Vikings punter says he lost job due to stance on gay marriage | For The Win

.... “Throughout the months of September, October, and November, Minnesota Vikings special-teams coordinator Mike Priefer would use homophobic language in my presence…He would ask me if I had written any letters defending ‘the gays’ recently and denounce as disgusting the idea that two men would kiss, and he would constantly belittle or demean any idea of acceptance or tolerance…Mike Priefer also said on multiple occasions that I would wind up burning in hell with the gays, and that the only truth was Jesus Christ and the Bible. He said all this in a semi-joking tone, and I responded in kind…” ...

“As [my teammates and I] sat down in our chairs, Mike Priefer, in one of the meanest voices I can ever recall hearing, said: ‘We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows.’ The room grew intensely quiet, and none of the players said a word for the rest of the meeting.”

That anyone would hold such hatred for other human beings is beyond me.

Are you sure it was hatred or a punter that could not hold down his job? What Priefer said is unsubstantiated, and is only hearsay. No other Viking past or present has confirmed what was said.

So I am not convinced if it was talent or hate that has ended his career.

Yeah, I mean, look what those fascists at GLAAD did to the Robertson family!

bastards!

Forum List

Back