Former Defense official resigns from Pentagon post, slams Esper for role in Trump photo op

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
"President Trump’s actions Monday night violated his oath to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed,” as well as the First Amendment “right of the people peaceably to assemble.” You may not have been able to stop President Trump from directing this appalling use of force, but you could have chosen to oppose it. Instead, you visibly supported it.

Anyone who takes the oath of office must decide where he or she will draw the line: What are the things that they will refuse to do? Secretary Esper, you have served honorably for many years, in active and reserve military duty, as Secretary of the Army, and now as Secretary of Defense. You must have thought long and hard about where that line should be drawn. I must now ask: If last night’s blatant violations do not cross the line for you, what will?"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/02/jam...agon-slams-esper-for-role-in-trump-photo.html

There is a larger point to be made beyond Esper enabling Generalissimo Trump's disgraceful violation of the constitutional rights of those protesters. Because Esper exemplifies the complicity of the entire Repub party, now recognized as the Party of Trump, by not saying enough is enough.

By not saying, "no Sir, my oath of office, my duty to the country, and my respect for the rule of law prevent me from doing that." With a few rare exceptions.........like Romney during the impeachment.........like Sasse during this incident.........Repubs remain silent because they put their own re-election before their honor. Ultimately, that is an indictment not only of them but especially of the blind allegiance of Trumpette's to Dear Leader.

Ex-Top Military Leader Was ‘Sickened’ To See Forces ‘Violently Clear Path’ For Trump Photo-Op

"Mike Mullen, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, decried President Trump for his surprise photo-op at St. John’s Episcopal Church amid mounting protests in the wake of George Floyd’s death.

In an op-ed published in The Atlantic on Tuesday, Mullen wrote that he was “sickened” to see federal police “forcibly and violently clear a path” through Lafayette Square to “accommodate” Trump’s church visit.

Mullen then wrote that although he’s been “reticent” to weigh in on issues regarding Trump’s leadership in the past, the country has hit an “inflection point” where events in recent weeks make “it impossible to remain silent.”

Ex-Top Military Leader Was 'Sickened' To See Forces 'Violently Clear Path' For Trump Photo-Op

Trump can take command of any state's National Guard units, like Ike did.
Trump can invoke the "Insurrection Act" and send Army troops in to quell the riots.

Voters want "law and order" and if the democrats don't provide it, Trump will.

p.s. who dropped off those pallets of bricks to throw at the police?

Trump can invoke the "Insurrection Act" and send Army troops in to quell the riots.

I can't help noticing you avoided mentioning the violation of the constitutional rights of the protesters by the self proclaimed "law and order" prez.

I can't help noticing you avoided mentioning the violation of the constitutional rights of the protesters by the self proclaimed "law and order" prez.
There's no constitutional right to arson, assault, and looting, jackass.

The people who were unconstitutionally gassed for Trump's photo op were protesting peacefully.

“Whatever Trump’s goal in conducting his visit, he laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces,” Mullen wrote. “There was little good in the stunt.”

The people who were unconstitutionally gassed for Trump's photo op were protesting peacefully.

“Whatever Trump’s goal in conducting his visit, he laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces,” Mullen wrote. “There was little good in the stunt.”
Nobody was gassed, you lying asshole....That bullshit was debunked already.

Even so, there's no constitutional right to be an angry unruly mob.

Actually, that didn't even happen. You continually spread lies, op ed pieces from liberal rags, and propaganda.

The Constitutional Rights of protestors ends when the rioting begins.

"President Trump’s actions Monday night violated his oath to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed,” as well as the First Amendment “right of the people peaceably to assemble.” You may not have been able to stop President Trump from directing this appalling use of force, but you could have chosen to oppose it. Instead, you visibly supported it.

Anyone who takes the oath of office must decide where he or she will draw the line: What are the things that they will refuse to do? Secretary Esper, you have served honorably for many years, in active and reserve military duty, as Secretary of the Army, and now as Secretary of Defense. You must have thought long and hard about where that line should be drawn. I must now ask: If last night’s blatant violations do not cross the line for you, what will?"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/02/jam...agon-slams-esper-for-role-in-trump-photo.html

There is a larger point to be made beyond Esper enabling Generalissimo Trump's disgraceful violation of the constitutional rights of those protesters. Because Esper exemplifies the complicity of the entire Repub party, now recognized as the Party of Trump, by not saying enough is enough.

By not saying, "no Sir, my oath of office, my duty to the country, and my respect for the rule of law prevent me from doing that." With a few rare exceptions.........like Romney during the impeachment.........like Sasse during this incident.........Repubs remain silent because they put their own re-election before their honor. Ultimately, that is an indictment not only of them but especially of the blind allegiance of Trumpette's to Dear Leader.
What is this person babbling about?

There was no rioting among the protesters gassed and shot at in this incident. Yes they were gassed.

are you calling the pastor of that very church a “lying commie”?

really?

and Espy “claimed” he thought he was going with the top echelon of the US government to “inspect a bathroom”

Do these people even hear the things they say?

Forum List

Back