Former Bush Official Blasts GOP On Bergdahl: Bush Would Have Done The Same Thing

8ea43d15e41f31a80d919d9dbce6f981f9ee9bb666b0b09ec46e494a48395fb1.jpg

All of a sudden a bed wetter gives credibility to a Bush official...

Too bad it took you 6 fucking years moron...

I heard that a Postal Worker in the Bush Administration thought the swap was just swell.

Is he the guy who's delivering your Taliban videos?

Liberals gave the Obama administration a pass when Americans were brutally slaughtered in bengazi and now he trades 5 terrorists for one man and you give him a pass again. Why? Cuz he is a democrat and you are democrats.

Is it just all about the fight between right and left for you?

Not entirely. Since they've used the charge of racism for anyone that legitimately opposes Obama's policies, they have painted themselves into a corner and have to back him on everything. If not, they automatically become racists.

Synth is up in arms because I pointed out how biased a site Think Progress is. The fact that he frequents sites like that is illustrative. Using them as source material borders on farce.

Bush was a bad president, many if not most conservatives will admit that. When will liberals admit that Obama is a bad president?? Actually I'll take that back. Most liberals probably agree Obama is shit, but 99% of the libs on USMB will defend him no matter what. It's so pathetic.

Obama, thus far, is not giving Adams, FDR, Truman, or even Eisenhower* a run for best. But his time isn't over, and he is light years better than Bush II. (I leave Lincoln out because he suspended the Writ of Habeus Corpus. Not adding Nixon due to his dishonesty, caused by his insecurities, but he looks much better, in hindsight. Ford remains an admirable man.)

*Many Birchers called Eisenhower a "Communist".

Former Bush Official Blasts GOP On Bergdahl: Bush Would Have Done The Same Thing

A former Bush administration official broke with Republicans on Tuesday to defend President Obama’s prisoner exchange, arguing that since “the war in Afghanistan is winding down,” the United States would be required to return prisoners held at Guantanamo Bay back to Afghanistan.

“I don’t see how these particular Taliban officials could ever have been tried in the southern district of New York,” John Bellinger, who served as an adviser to President George W. Bush explained during an appearance on Fox News Tuesday. “They’re certainly some Al Qaeda detainees who committed actual terrorist acts against Americans who perhaps could have been tried in a federal court because they committed federal crimes, but these particular Taliban detainees I think could never have been tried in federal court.” Although some of the released prisoners posed a danger to the United States when they were captured in 2002, especially toward soldiers serving in Afghanistan, several of the detainees did not commit crimes against Americans.

*snip*

Asked about reports that Bergdahl deserted his unit, Bellinger added that the former hostage “will have to face justice, military justice.” “We don’t leave soldiers on the battlefield under any circumstance unless they have actually joined the enemy army,” he said. “He was a young 20-year-old. Young 20-year-olds make stupid decisions. I don’t think we’ll say if you make a stupid decision we’ll leave you in the hands of the Taliban.”

Though Cheney told Fox News on Monday that he would not have agreed to the deal, Bellinger stressed that the Bush administration “returned something like 500 detainees from Guantanamo.” Statistics from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence show that only 6 percent (5 in total) of Guantanamo detainees released during the Obama administration have potentially engaged in militant activities. That compares with a rate of nearly 30 percent under the Bush administration.

But....But....But.....I doubt FOX will be replaying that interview often.

Progressive/liberals doing what they do best

REGRESSING back to someone else to take the heat off their dear wonderful leader..and get that stinkprogress title...HE BLAST THEM TO SMITHEREANS I GUESS

how depressing is regressives..sucks to be them

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin: It is nice that believing this helps you sleep at nights....:badgrin:

No one is upset that we got Bergdahl out. They are upset that Obama released 5 really high level, nasty terrorists to do it. It's a precedent that sets a price on other soldiers heads. The Taliban now knows how to force Obama to get their players back. Even after 6 years of OTJ training, Obama isn't ready for primetime.

No one of worth is concerned by your absolute ignorance on the subject.

Run along to the play ground.

What an arrogant little pissant you are, I bet you got your prissy little ass whipped all the time on the school yard. Prolly had to play with the girls so you didn't get beat up.

:lol:

Why would some mid-level munchkin assume to speak for what a living president "would have done"?

He is projecting, as he was trying to get gitmo closed when he worked under Bush. But under his own admission he knew Bush would not go for it. And then today he makes this asinine remark.

A former Bush administration official broke with Republicans on Tuesday to defend President Obama’s prisoner exchange, arguing that since “the war in Afghanistan is winding down,” the United States would be required to return prisoners held at Guantanamo Bay back to Afghanistan.

“I don’t see how these particular Taliban officials could ever have been tried in the southern district of New York,” John Bellinger, who served as an adviser to President George W. Bush explained during an appearance on Fox News Tuesday. “They’re certainly some Al Qaeda detainees who committed actual terrorist acts against Americans who perhaps could have been tried in a federal court because they committed federal crimes, but these particular Taliban detainees I think could never have been tried in federal court.” Although some of the released prisoners posed a danger to the United States when they were captured in 2002, especially toward soldiers serving in Afghanistan, several of the detainees did not commit crimes against Americans.

*snip*

Asked about reports that Bergdahl deserted his unit, Bellinger added that the former hostage “will have to face justice, military justice.” “We don’t leave soldiers on the battlefield under any circumstance unless they have actually joined the enemy army,” he said. “He was a young 20-year-old. Young 20-year-olds make stupid decisions. I don’t think we’ll say if you make a stupid decision we’ll leave you in the hands of the Taliban.”

Though Cheney told Fox News on Monday that he would not have agreed to the deal, Bellinger stressed that the Bush administration “returned something like 500 detainees from Guantanamo.” Statistics from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence show that only 6 percent (5 in total) of Guantanamo detainees released during the Obama administration have potentially engaged in militant activities. That compares with a rate of nearly 30 percent under the Bush administration.

That proves that it is stupid, right?

Nice to see you admit it.
No, I'm saying that Bush set the precedent that Obama is following.

The Right-Wing media all totally supported Bush exempting himself from provisions and aspects of laws. The Bush legal team, including Bellinger, John Woo, David Addington, Alberto Gonzalez (remember him?), and his cleaning lady Harriet Miers all argued that it was legal as he was a Commander in Chief during wartime, and that superseded.

Why do you not remember this? Are you that young? Or are you being disingenuous?

*snip*

But....But....But.....I doubt FOX will be replaying that interview often.

Exactly. It's FOXNEWS who is guilty of censorship of their own segments.

That's why sites like Crooks & Liars and Think Progress and Media Matters For America are indespensable.

Because without them, FOXNEWS would just hide their unfavorable segments from the internet.

The right wingers on this forum are not moderate , they are the extremist element...
The fringe extreme.

And, being the ignorants that they are, they will attack me for posting the words of a Bush official instead of addressing the OP.

According to left wingers the Bush admin lied about everything, so why is this person speaking the truth?

As for Bush doing this, who knows.

You know that some are desperately grasping for straws if they have to stoop to this as an attempt to defend the admin.:lol:

You mean stooping to using the words of Republicans?

Or stooping to thinking that I can pass off a Republican as credible?

Either way, you admit that you're stooping and grasping...keep a firm grip on those ankles.:D

You know that some are desperately grasping for straws if they have to stoop to this as an attempt to defend the admin.:lol:

It's called context and perspective... get some.

No, it's still called desperation...you're covered in the stench of it.:lol:

*snip*

Usually when I hear the term young and stupid decisions...it's some football player getting caught drunk underage. Somehow I don't think that's what he's talking about.

So in this quote, what was he referring to?

The right wingers on this forum are not moderate , they are the extremist element...
The fringe extreme.

And, being the ignorants that they are, they will attack me for posting the words of a Bush official instead of addressing the OP.

According to left wingers the Bush admin lied about everything, so why is this person speaking the truth?

But according to Right-Wingers the Bush admin told the truth about everything, why is this person lying?

As for Bush doing this, who knows.

uh...the world knows. It's called cataloging changing human events, or journalism.

You mean stooping to using the words of Republicans?

Or stooping to thinking that I can pass off a Republican as credible?

Either way, you admit that you're stooping and grasping...keep a firm grip on those ankles.:D

It's called context and perspective... get some.

No, it's still called desperation...you're covered in the stench of it.:lol:

Me using the words of a prominent Republican lawyer is stooping?

This guy was in the Bush legal team inner circle.

Is this an endorsement or an condemnation? Which of the three stooges was smarter. Larry, Curly or Moe? Bush admin created this allusion of WMD's that will forever haunt us. Obama, he's got this stain of Bowe Burgdahl. Out of touch twits with no clue of the facts or what Americans really want.

You're equating a ruse that got America into a war that has cost at least 150,000 deaths and trillions of dollars with a prisoner swap? That's some bizarre calculus you've got going on there.

Yes, and this statement "Bush admin created this allusion of WMD's that will forever haunt us." means exactly what it says, and I hope you're ready to defend it against the neo-cons who should be reaching for your throat about right now....Unless of course your Obama criticism grants you a pass. And they hate Obama so much they may be willing to overlook your accusation that Bush launched an aggressive war based on created allusions of WMD's, in plain English?--Lies.

Forum List

Back