Forget What You're Being Told. Here's the Real Reason for California's Trucker Shortage.

As far as Iknow, there isn’t a single high speed rail system in the world that even breaks even. They all require massive governmental subsidies.
There are a number of them but none have been built in probably fifty years. In the U. S. the Acela line is profitable. The reason for that exception is that corridor, Washington to beyond New York has a population of over 44 million people.

2nd amendment is about guns, your question! I answered. You didn’t answer if you recognize our borders
Guns are tools. Our Founding Fathers understood that and is why worded our Second Amendment the way they did.

Don't grab guns, grab gun lovers and Regulate them Well until we have no more security problems!

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Mass transit isn’t used. Y most people except in cities like New York and Chicago that grew up around it. Retrofitting it to an existing city isn’t cost effective and people who didn’t grow up with the inconvenience of riding it refuse to give up their freedom. Look at mass transit in Los Angeles as an example, the trains run empty except for transients and the very poor who can’t afford a car. I grew up riding mass transit. When I bought my first car, I was astonished at how much more useful time there was in a day. No more getting to the bus stop ten minutes early in case the bus was early or waiting ten or even twenty minutes because it was late, no more waits to transfer busses.
Mass transit is not only about people. We should be building underground maglev in vacuum environments for mass transit.

Guns are tools. Our Founding Fathers understood that and is why worded our Second Amendment the way they did.

Don't grab guns, grab gun lovers and Regulate them Well until we have no more security problems!

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The Court cited Cruikshank for the proposition that the Second Amendment means only that the federal government may not infringe on the right of states to form their own militias. This meant that the Illinois state law forbidding citizen militias was not unconstitutional. However, in its opinion, the Court in Presser delivered a reading of the Second Amendment that seemed to suggest an absolute right of persons to bear arms: "It is undoubtedly true that all citizens capable of bearing arms constitute the reserved military force or reserve militia of the United States," and "states cannot … prohibit the people from keeping and bearing arms."

The Court cited Cruikshank for the proposition that the Second Amendment means only that the federal government may not infringe on the right of states to form their own militias. This meant that the Illinois state law forbidding citizen militias was not unconstitutional. However, in its opinion, the Court in Presser delivered a reading of the Second Amendment that seemed to suggest an absolute right of persons to bear arms: "It is undoubtedly true that all citizens capable of bearing arms constitute the reserved military force or reserve militia of the United States," and "states cannot … prohibit the people from keeping and bearing arms."
This should be the controlling law:

Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. (Illinois State Constitution)

This should be the controlling law:

Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. (Illinois State Constitution)

that is it, the Supreme Court said so. And all it says is one can't form a militia within a state that does not allow militia's. Does not say they can't have their firearms. Just to clarify for you. It's why I posted it.

that is it, the Supreme Court said so. And all it says is one can't form a militia within a state that does not allow militia's. Does not say they can't have their firearms. Just to clarify for you. It's why I posted it.
Thanks, we know that already because of the express State Constitutional provision for the use of the State Police power.

Thanks, we know that already because of the express State Constitutional provision for the use of the State Police power.
but McDonald vs the city of Chicago set the standard that even a city can't stop a person from getting a gun.

McDonald v. City of Chicago, case in which on June 28, 2010, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled (5–4) that the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which guarantees “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,” applies to state and local governments as well as to the federal government.

Demofks have been trying to take guns since the civil war and assassination of Lincoln.

but McDonald vs the city of Chicago set the standard that even a city can't stop a person from getting a gun.

McDonald v. City of Chicago, case in which on June 28, 2010, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled (5–4) that the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which guarantees “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,” applies to state and local governments as well as to the federal government.

Demofks have been trying to take guns since the civil war and assassination of Lincoln.
The issue is that the police are delegated and empowered with the social powers necessary to ensure peace. And, they have shiny fasces of power to show for it.

If there are no militia commanding the operation then any police are the lawful authority and any gun lovers should "obey lawful authority".

The issue is that the police are delegated and empowered with the social powers necessary to ensure peace. And, they have shiny fasces of power to show for it.

If there are no militia commanding the operation then any police are the lawful authority and any gun lovers should "obey lawful authority".
no argument from me, so why defunk the cops? There is but one conclusion from that demofk nonsense. Gang rule. Trying to figure out why demofks want that.

no argument from me, so why defunk the cops? There is but one conclusion from that demofk nonsense. Gang rule. Trying to figure out why demofks want that.
It was just a clarification of my point of view.

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States. Don't grab guns, grab gun lovers and Regulate them Well!

It was just a clarification of my point of view.

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States. Don't grab guns, grab gun lovers and Regulate them Well!
well, when you can figure out how the mayors control the rioters and looters, get back to me. Stand down doesn't work. Unless of course you don't care about law abiding citizens and business owners.

From my perspective, not only should we not have any security problems in our free State but we should also not have any fire problems either.

From my perspective, not only should we not have any security problems in our free State but we should also not have any fire problems either.

don't let in illegal people to spread around the country, and yet, your demofk brothers and sisters don't care.

Forum List

Back