Forget What You're Being Told. Here's the Real Reason for California's Trucker Shortage.

If you're housebound I guess...
As you know, there is only one "high-speed" rail line in our country that is economically feasible.

They are incredibly expensive to build and operate and there is not enough of a demand.

Numerous studies in Europe have shown that they do not take any significant amount of traffic from highways running parallel to the rail line.

Last edited:
The left ruins everything it touches. They have wrecked the Golden State. And they are infecting the rest of America.

There are multiple causes, including union rules preventing extra shifts or longer hours to get the ships unloaded, a lack of rail capacity for the extra goods, and not enough truckers to haul everything away.
What if I told you the trucker shortage isn’t just what you’ve been told?
What if I told you that in California, the trucker shortage is a self-inflicted wound?
What if I told you the wound was inflicted by Democrats?
You can’t find your shocked face, can you?
Long term, this nation does have a trucker problem. The average age for truckers is 55, and the industry is having a hard time attracting new workers.
Redwood Logistics explains:

Over the next 10-15 years, a lot of truckers are going to retire, and there aren’t enough replacements in the pipeline.
The immediate problem, the one in Los Angeles, has been caused by the state’s vindictively regulatory state government.
We’ll get to the trucker shortage in just a moment, but California also faces a shortage of trucks for them to drive.
Twitter user Jerry Oakley reminds us that “Carriers domiciled in California with trucks older than 2011 model, or using engines manufactured before 2010, will need to meet the Board’s new Truck and Bus Regulation beginning in 2020.” Otherwise, “Their vehicles will be blocked from registration with the state’s DMV,” according to California law.
“The requirement is to purchase electric trucks which do not exist.”
As a result, trucks aren’t being purchased to replace the ones being regulated out of business.
But even if there were plenty of trucks in California, there wouldn’t be enough truckers to drive them — and it isn’t because the truckers are too old.

...​

Democrat turn everything they touch to shit.

Wait...so California truck regs are causing delays in GEORGIA?

Yea Georgia...

They have the same issues as California in Savannah. Know why?

Truckers retired early because of covid and truck driving schools were shut down for over a year

And oh yea...Imports are UP 22%

Greater demand

Less drivers

Fewer drivers being pumped into the system
An entirely manufactured crisis by our government. And our Defecator-in-Chief shows no signs of fixing it.

A trucker shortage? Pay them even less and make them work 140 hours a week. That's the right wing solution. The fact is the companies themselves cause the shortage; the government subsidizes thousands of trucking schools, has for decades. They can't keep them because they don't want to, they want desperate foreigners for whom living in a sleeper truck 24/7 365 days a year is a step up from a mud hut in ShitHole Land.

I did repeated searches relating to semi-truck shortage in California. Could not find it, except for PJ Media, which is high traffic, low credibility site, so I don't buy it as a cause of the current problem getting containers off the docks and on the highway. Though, it might be, in the future.

I used to drive a truck, with license back to the Special Chauffeurs license predating the modern CDL, which I also held, as a hedge against driver shortage, where I managed transportation and logistics.

I wouldn't be too quick to put 18-year-olds behind to wheel of a big rig, if I were you. They generally lack self-discipline, attention to detail, and good judgement, as that is how they are wired at that age. They also make up the group most often involved in deadly motor vehicle accidents.

And they won't stay long either, especially when they get a taste of what its like to work at a 'career' where 100+ hours a week is the norm and employers don't have to pay time and half over 40 hours and drivers don't see home more than 2-3 days every 6 weeks or so.

I did repeated searches relating to semi-truck shortage in California. Could not find it, except for PJ Media, which is high traffic, low credibility site, so I don't buy it as a cause of the current problem getting containers off the docks and on the highway. Though, it might be, in the future.

I used to drive a truck, with license back to the Special Chauffeurs license predating the modern CDL, which I also held, as a hedge against driver shortage, where I managed transportation and logistics.

I wouldn't be too quick to put 18-year-olds behind to wheel of a big rig, if I were you. They generally lack self-discipline, attention to detail, and good judgement, as that is how they are wired at that age. They also make up the group most often involved in deadly motor vehicle accidents.

First pull.

It was their individual liberty and natural rights that were violated. Right-wingers are just too bigoted and dumb to understand it.
when they crossed illegally? nah it was an act of aggression on a country. You're confused. Let me know when you believe the US has a border. you didn't answer why xiden isn't working to solve the supply chain? Stay confused.

You are welcome to your opinion. In my opinion, high-speed mass transit can help with supply-side economics and be a tool to help keep inflation at bay.
As you know, high-speed rail is exorbitantly, prohibitively expensive. IF it could accomplish all you imagine, why hasn't private enterprise built it already?

Specifically, how would high-speed rail keep inflation at bay?

Last edited:
Upgrading infrastructure should include mass storage and mass transit.
Mass transit isn’t used. Y most people except in cities like New York and Chicago that grew up around it. Retrofitting it to an existing city isn’t cost effective and people who didn’t grow up with the inconvenience of riding it refuse to give up their freedom. Look at mass transit in Los Angeles as an example, the trains run empty except for transients and the very poor who can’t afford a car. I grew up riding mass transit. When I bought my first car, I was astonished at how much more useful time there was in a day. No more getting to the bus stop ten minutes early in case the bus was early or waiting ten or even twenty minutes because it was late, no more waits to transfer busses.

Last edited:
As you know, high-speed rail is exorbitantly, prohibitively expensive. IF it could accomplish all you imagine, why hasn't private enterprise built it already?

Specifically, how would high-speed rail keep inflation at bay?
As far as Iknow, there isn’t a single high speed rail system in the world that even breaks even. They all require massive governmental subsidies.

Forum List

Back