Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup

Isn't it telling that leftists make up completely useless phrases like this?
They are pre sold, dipshit.
Sit down and let the adults talk.

Seriously.

When we bought my ex his Chevy Volt in 2013, he had to order and pre buy it before he got it.

All the paperwork was done before he actually took ownership of the vehicle a couple months later.

Pre selling cars has been done for decades. The first one I remember was the VW Rabbit in the early 80s.
"Guess what honey! Our electric truck sales are BOOMING!!!!!!!
I 'sold' two hundred electric trucks today! Well they didn't actually have to put down any real money when they "bought" the truck. Just 100 bucks with a FULL REFUND if they changed their minds.
Let's celebrate! Do you have anything left on your credit card?

Seriously.

When we bought my ex his Chevy Volt in 2013, he had to order and pre buy it before he got it.

All the paperwork was done before he actually took ownership of the vehicle a couple months later.

Pre selling cars has been done for decades. The first one I remember was the VW Rabbit in the early 80s.
I 'sold' two hundred electric trucks today! Well they didn't actually have to put down any real money when they "bought" the truck. Just 100 bucks with a FULL REFUND if they changed their minds.

Exactly what we did when the Miata was about to come out. We had zero problems getting people to take every one we could get in.

They didn't even get to test drive them.

Wait till they find out it $70,000 for one. LOL

How stupid are you?

Those who put that deposit down on the truck already knows how much it costs.

Wow it's embarrassing to see such a stupid person.
I take it you would pay $70,000 for a truck?? I sure wouldn't it was bad enough paying $35,000.

How embarrassing you are. Dumbass.

This truck isn't for everybody, certainly not people expecting a used car price for a brand new truck. Most if not all half ton crew cab trucks w/four wheel drive start off over $40k. Something this truck already gets you before adding a single upgrade. Fuel is cheap, save thousands in oil changes and other maintenance due to fewer moving parts. More horsepower, more torque than any other F-150 ever made including the Raptor (which is also not for everyone due to it's cost and shitty towing capability) makes this also the fastest F-150 ever made. This is also the very first year for this truck, how will it improve in 5 or 10 years?

This truck doesn't meet my needs at the moment but neither does any other 1/2 ton truck due to tow and haul limitations. This particular vehicle currently isn't going to be great for towing, that's OK, most trucks in this category suck too with any substantial weight. The Lightning isn't suffering in horsepower or torque, that's for sure like other half tons. The challenge is a limitation on recharging stations and the time it takes to charge. However even that is improving as more charging stations open up and charging times are reduced. I think this one will charge 15% to 80% in about 40 minutes on the fastest chargers, much improvement from years ago.

This truck will power your house during blackouts. Does your 1984 Chevy Impala do that?

But we all know what this is about. This truck could hit every mark and you'd still trash it for the color of the paint.

The repair costs are going to be outrageous.

What else can you pull out of your ass?

Do you know what repair costs are going to be? No? Didn't think so.
They will most likely be more expensive to fix.
Try to find a garage that will offer to fix a fucking electric vehicle.
Can you say: "No fucking way we will touch that shit! Take it to the dealership".........Where they will charge you three hundred bucks just to run a 'diagnostic' on it.

Seriously.

Exactly what we did when the Miata was about to come out. We had zero problems getting people to take every one we could get in.

They didn't even get to test drive them.
A Miata ain't no fucking Tesla dummy!

The battery pack on that stupid truck weights almost a ton and without a load it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge so only an idiot would buy one.

Ford has no worries. All these stupid Democrats in charge of the big city shitholes, Communist states and the Federal government will buy fleets of them with taxpayer's money. It will be a terrible purchase but doing stupid purchases have never stopped Democrats has it?

Thats a very good prediction. I’m disappointed I didn’t say it first.

People buy cars based on their weight or based on how much they can haul? Nobody cares how much a Tesla weighs or the old/new Hummers.

These trucks could make excellent fleet vehicles that stay within urban centers. With the exception of range these can be excellent work trucks, they start off every morning with a full tank, they have an onboard generator for electric tools and their maintenance like most EVs should be about half the cost of gas vehicles.

I'm really thinking you guys are letting your ulterior motives cloud your opinions.

I’m just agreeing that local governments are going to be buying these like crazy and Ford knows it. The capacity and the quality of the truck is irrelevant at this point. That might be a discussion in a few years once the guinea pigs are finished.

I hope they do. That will help improve the vehicle and push us closer to being less reliant on fossil fuels. They also appear to have a pretty good warranty and won't require as much maintenance.
How much fossil fuel does it take to build the fucking batteries?
Batteries that are fucking useless in a couple of years.
Goggle what it costs to replace the batteries in a three year old Tesla.

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

/———/ “since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!”
But libtards will still blow other libtards.

The electric truck will become standard and accepted by everyone in the near future until a new technology comes along and we have to hear some folks whine about that change.

You are confused Moon Bat.

I know that electric vehicles are a Moon Bat's wet dream but they will be just as big a disappointment as these stupid wind farms that never work or solar arrays which are always a waste of money.

I wonder how many of you stupid uneducated Moon Bats even know that batteries don't create energy? All they do is inefficiently store energy that was created elsewhere. Energy created by fossil fuels or nuclear for the most part.

These stupid battery packs are only good for about 500 recharging, which is about two years worth of use in a work truck.

Then you have this little thingy about the rare earths that are used to make the stupid batteries create an environmental disaster and the elements will be depleted long before we run out of fossil fuels.
/——-/ And libtards just love child slavery. The hidden cost of the electric car boom – child labour

Some dumb cocksuckers on this thread are still envisioning waiting lines at recharge stations after we introduced the idea of vending machines. That is why we have called them cocksuckers. At this time, even electric bikers are monitoring the dynamics of their lithium ion battery from a computer screen. We are neither stupid nor helpless.

Our freight trains are electric.
Wrong

Trains have diesel generators
In the US. less than 1% of trains are electric powered, but in Sweden 100% of their trains are. See #141. Electric trains are the future of our freight. They have been proven to be practical for quite a while.
See post #141

Check, I am with you now.

As everyone keeps pointing out the left wants electric everything but only about 3% of of our electricity comes from solar panels or windmills

The left should embrace nuclear energy
The left wants the best and most sustainable source of energy we can get. No idea why the right doesn't want the same thing.
Total bs, we want the same thing but ain't reliable yet, liar.

Question for you Moon Bats that are considering getting one of these Faggotmobiles.

Are you going to purchase a gas power 7KW generator to put in the back of the truck so you can charge up the battery on long trips?

First year production Ford UAW dogshit utilizing an untried and admittedly limited technology with an acknowledged shelf life and range for said power plant? That will probably start out at $60k? Nah

The battery pack on that stupid truck weights almost a ton and without a load it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge so only an idiot would buy one.

Ford has no worries. All these stupid Democrats in charge of the big city shitholes, Communist states and the Federal government will buy fleets of them with taxpayer's money. It will be a terrible purchase but doing stupid purchases have never stopped Democrats has it?

Please post links to where it says it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge.
Ford claims 250 miles on one charge. Of course that is empty, one passenger, not pulling anything and in warm weather on level roads. Once you start loading the truck up (like people tend to do with trucks) or start pulling things or taking it out in cold weather then that range is going to drop considerably.

No, nowhere does it say that. First it was 200, now it's 250. Which is it? lol. Ford has claimed neither. The range is 300 miles and yes, that's probably at under 70 miles per hour and with one passenger, and yes, in cold weather you will see a drop in ev range, but why pretend the same doesn't happen to ICE cars?

Ford claims 250 miles or 300 if you want to spend an additional $8K for a more powerful battery pack.

It's not 300 miles, it's 300 miles in perfect condition and then start subtracting for towing, elevation changes, cold weather, going faster than 55mph and extra passengers. That doesn't even include the progressive deterioration in the battery's efficiency after the first year or so of use.

Even without towing and a load in the back you will probably be lucky to get 200 miles under most driving conditions.

Wrong

In the US. less than 1% of trains are electric powered, but in Sweden 100% of their trains are. See #141. Electric trains are the future of our freight. They have been proven to be practical for quite a while.
See post #141

As everyone keeps pointing out the left wants electric everything but only about 3% of of our electricity comes from solar panels or windmills

The left wants the best and most sustainable source of energy we can get. No idea why the right doesn't want the same thing.
Ford says at least 20,000 people disagree with you, and it's only been available for a down payment for a couple of days. I doubt Ford and so many other major car manufacturers would invest all that money if they didn't think it would work.

Wrong

See post #141

Ford says at least 20,000 people disagree with you, and it's only been available for a down payment for a couple of days. I doubt Ford and so many other major car manufacturers would invest all that money if they didn't think it would work.
I dont mind American drivers buying electric vehicles as long as there are no government subsidies for the buyer involved

Ok Danny boy. Here is how it works. A customer comes in looking for a specific car. Its not in stock but we can get one. The customer gives us $500 to hold it (fully refundable), next we run his credit. We work out his payments. All documents are signed. When the car comes in we PDI it and clean it for delivery. The customer comes in and picks up his Pre sold vehicle.

Wrong

See post #141

/——-/ Stupid straw man argument.

Wrong

See post #141

I dont mind American drivers buying electric vehicles as long as there are no government subsidies for the buyer involved
What if there is? What will you do?

Having an electric F150 is going to be like all those Land Rovers sold in Beverly Hills knowing They will never face any road rougher than Topanga Canyon Blvd. Those interested in the vanity will buy electric trucks. Those who need a truck to work will not. Electric vehicles are lightweight. They have no performance value. The electric 150 will not tow a loaded horse trailer and a bed loaded with hay up mountain roads with the AC going full blast.

What if there is? What will you do?
I wont change my party to democrat and loot a target store of thats what you mean

But I will look down on drivers who are riding around on other peoples tax money

Forum List

Back