FOR THE LOVE OF GOD and all things simple...

The current Xenfor doesn't have limit setting in the Admin panel for nesting quotes?

That is astonishing! IPB, vBULLETIN does, yet this one doesn't, I am astonished!

I'd appreciate your tips on HOW to be dramatic with the IT staff without them turning on me !!!

:abgg2q.jpg: Actually, I have a plan.. And it's not to read the manual myself...

Think we're talking about 2 diff issues here.. GrampsMurked is frustrating with JUST the FORUM LISTINGS taking too long to scroll thru and DeathAngel is rightfully tired of the infinite sized "nested quotes" that you in a post when hit "display all"....

On the 1st one --- Grampa Murked U -- Do you have screen magnification set higher? Or are you zoomed in? Because THAT will be a "scrolling forever" experience.. USMB on my phone isn't much worse than "mousing around" on a desktop...

On the 2nd one -- Death Angel -- I asked Admin/IT about limiting the "depth" of the quote backs. I couldn't believe it -- but they said there was no way to limit it.. I'm gonna have to be persistent here, because CLEARLY this wasn't the case before the update.. And I remember that on the initial install of Xenforo, that we DID do something to limit the quotebacks.

MEANTIME -- your ADVICE is great.. We should all learn to use "selective quoting" and break up that LONG response chain of quotes.. I've posted the tips for it a couple times in Announcements recently. But if anyone needs a quick start on this either myself or Coyote can help...

I can’t believe there is no way! We could do it before...I would like to find other forums use this platform and see if they have the same problem.

I've got the entire 4000 page manual.. LOL... But I'm relying on the IT opinion.. I'll be a bit dramatic and see if THAT helps.. Don't think I'm good at "drama" but I'll do my best...

Don't you remember this SAME PROBLEM when we 1st WENT to Zenforo?? Almost certain we've been here before...

Maybe....but not sure. Doesn’t Zenfro have an online forum?

Here is my tip for drama: review some of our more infamous departure melt down threads for tips.

Yes it does, right HERE

The creators of Xenforo used to run vBULLETIN up to version 3, a fine software.

The user forum got me close to the CONFUSION... From there I found this ...

But I guess, nobody had a quick answer... Thanks... I'll go toss the hissy fit!!!! LOL....

The current Xenfor doesn't have limit setting in the Admin panel for nesting quotes?

That is astonishing! IPB, vBULLETIN does, yet this one doesn't, I am astonished!

I'd appreciate your tips on HOW to be dramatic with the IT staff without them turning on me !!!

:abgg2q.jpg: Actually, I have a plan.. And it's not to read the manual myself...

When the IT team finish trampling on you, you can run screaming for help HERE, they will gladly answer your desperate plea..., then come back with the answer, impress the IT team, be lauded a hero, life goes on for the rest of us plebes.....

When the IT team finish trampling on you, you can run screaming for help HERE, they will gladly answer your desperate plea..., then come back with the answer, impress the IT team, be lauded a hero, life goes on for the rest of us plebes.....

Here's where my "help" is coming from lately....

8816252518430.png

Forum List

Back