For the last Time, "skeptics," the SUN is NOT the cause of climate change, and "solar cycle" was put out by the fraud

It has been doing that at night for billions of years... CONSTANTLY...
The climate has been changing for billions of years... CONSTANTLY...
The sun heats the planet. Parts that receive less direct sunlight are colder.
As the planet spins upon its axis, and revolves around the sun, different places receive different levels of sunlight. This leads to different places having different climates. Less sun = more ice, more sun = less ice.

The climate has been changing for billions of years... CONSTANTLY...

No not CONSTANTLY. It changes, but the change can be nothing for millions of years.

different weather.

Weather is not climate.

Think of Earth as a room with two "AC" units that cool both air and water, each with settings 0 = off and 10 = maxCOOL. Right now, the Arctic AC is set on 1 and the Antarctic AC is set on 9. What does that mean? It means air that pass over Antarctic Circle cools 50F more than air that passes over Arctic Circle. It means AA dumps 9 times the ice into the oceans vs the Arctic. AA cools Earth more than Arctic. If Earth had two polar oceans, Earth would have no ice....

Difference between arctic and antarctic | Arctic Vs Antarctic ...

Arctic vs antarctic - Google Search | Polar bears live, Learning ...

the SUN did not put 90% of Earth ice on Antarctica. Antarctica has 70 million year old dino fossils on it, because 70 million years ago, AA was NOT ON THE SOUTH POLE, but rather IT MOVED THERE...

The whole "solar cycle" BS pushed by Faux "News" was actually funded and put out by the Co2 fraud for moron skeptics like you to parrot....

No not CONSTANTLY. It changes, but the change can be nothing for millions of years.
Yes, the climate is constantly changing.
It is not static for millions of years at a time.
The changes may not be great enough to cause catastrophic consequences to life, but they are constantly happening and will continue to do so.
I don't subscribe to the theory that solar activity is the sole cause of climate change, but I'm also intelligent enough to realize that the sun plays a major role in the heating of the planet and thus also in its general climate. Do you deny this?

Really? What was the thawing attributed to? Giant hair dryers? Would it have happened if there was no sun?
Logic dictates that the sun is at east a contributor to any planetary warming.

He claims that Chicago was under a glacier for 30 million years, until 20,000 years ago.

I guess his "logic" is that we were close enough to the pole, so we froze.
It took 30 million years for Chicago to move far enough south to finally melt.

He's nuttier than 20 pounds of squirrel shit in a 10-pound bag.

FOR THE LAST TIME:

Little known fact. The bright yellow thing we see in the sky during daylight hours (when not obscured by clouds) is the primary culprit in the heating of our planet, our atmosphere and our oceans.

And I use the term “culprit” in jest.

Ar you back AGAIN? ; - )
FOR THE LAST TIME:
Be still my beating heart...
Little known fact. The bright yellow thing we see in the sky during daylight hours (when not obscured by clouds) is the primary culprit in the heating of our planet, our atmosphere and our oceans.

And I use the term “culprit” in jest.
Obviously. But, think about this. Imagine there were two identical planets in the Earth's orbit. Both of them 92 million miles away with the Earth's eccentricities and all that. But some super-duper aliens have come by and, as a joke, have painted one of them as white as white can be and the other as black as black can be. One has an albedo of 1.0 while the other has an albedo of 0.0. Let a million years go by. Will those two planets have the same average temperature?

Ar you back AGAIN? ; - )

Be still my beating heart...
Ok. That one borders on amusing.
Obviously. But, think about this. Imagine there were two identical planets in the Earth's orbit. Both of them 92 million miles away with the Earth's eccentricities and all that. But some super-duper aliens have come by and, as a joke, have painted one of them as white as white can be and the other as black as black can be. One has an albedo of 1.0 while the other has an albedo of 0.0. Let a million years go by. Will those two planets have the same average temperature?
As hypotheticals go, that one should. If you’re arguing that the ability of black to absorb heat while white reflects it should be expected to lead to a hotter black Earth, I believe that’s true.

But, as I believe you know; all analogies limp. Yours is almost crippled.

Any comparison between black absorbing almost all the sun’s radiant energy and atmospheric trace levels of CO2 capturing some small part of the reflected radiant energy is a terrible analogy.

If you are instead only using that example as a launching-pad for further consideration, it may have a bit more merit.

Ok. That one borders on amusing.

As hypotheticals go, that one should. If you’re arguing that the ability of black to absorb heat while white reflects it should be expected to lead to a hotter black Earth, I believe that’s true.

But, as I believe you know; all analogies limp. Yours is almost crippled.

Any comparison between black absorbing almost all the sun’s radiant energy and atmospheric trace levels of CO2 capturing some small part of the reflected radiant energy is a terrible analogy.

If you are instead only using that example as a launching-pad for further consideration, it may have a bit more merit.
I am. My point is that it is possible for changes on the Earth to affect what its average temperature will be without any change taking place on the sun at all.

I am. My point is that it is possible for changes on the Earth to affect what its average temperature will be without any change taking place on the sun at all.
But that’s not contested.

Of course changes on Earth can have possible effects on overall average Earth temperatures. The question is not whether our climate can change. We already know it changes.

The question is strictly whether the additional amounts of CO2 into our atmosphere caused directly by human activity constitutes a significant factor in the climate change we currently see and which we forecast for down the road.

I believe CrusaderFrank has challenged the claim that it has much impact. And as some evidence of that position, some of us point to ice ages. They came. They went. They came again. They receded again. All of that happening well before humans even made cars or planes or mined coal, etc.

But that’s not contested.

Of course changes on Earth can have possible effects on overall average Earth temperatures. The question is not whether our climate can change. We already know it changes.
Yes.
The question is strictly whether the additional amounts of CO2 into our atmosphere caused directly by human activity constitutes a significant factor in the climate change we currently see and which we forecast for down the road.
Well, no scientist currently questions it.
I believe CrusaderFrank has challenged the claim that it has much impact. And as some evidence of that position, some of us point to ice ages. They came. They went. They came again. They receded again. All of that happening well before humans even made cars or planes or mined coal, etc.
Well, as some of the response to that, let me point out that the Earth is in a cooling phase of our glacial cycle and has been for the last 5,000 years AND that the current rate of warming is seven to ten times as fast as any glacial warming in the past million years and beyond.

Well, no scientist currently questions it.
That’s not true.
Well, as some of the response to that, let me point out that the Earth is in a cooling phase of our glacial cycle and has been for the last 5,000 years AND that the current rate of warming is seven to ten times as fast as any glacial warming in the past million years and beyond.
On what basis do you maintain that we are currently in a cooling phase?

And what exactly informs you that our current “rate” of warming is many times as fast as any glacial warning period in a million or more years?

Yes, the climate is constantly changing.
It is not static for millions of years at a time.
The changes may not be great enough to cause catastrophic consequences to life, but they are constantly happening and will continue to do so.
I don't subscribe to the theory that solar activity is the sole cause of climate change, but I'm also intelligent enough to realize that the sun plays a major role in the heating of the planet and thus also in its general climate. Do you deny this?

Clearly, you are addicted to parroting Faux.

How did THE SUN melt North America and freeze Greenland at the same time??

It did not. It is a CONSTANT.

Climate is not weather. You seem to completely fail to understand that.

Earth climate is dictated by how much ice the planet has. Ice volume is dictated by land near the poles. If that doesn't change for millions of years, then neither does the climate.

no scientist currently
... can explain how Co2 melted North America and froze Greenland at the same time, because Co2 does NOTHING, and THAT is the TRUTH no matter how many fraudulent left wing fudgebaking liars claiming to be "scientists" say it is....

Forum List

Back