For the first time, more than 90% of Americans have health insurance

And over seven months after House Speaker Ryan promised to reveal the GOP's super-special replacement, Congressional Republicans are still whining and doing nothing.

ObamaCare propels number of insured Americans above 90%

For the first time ever, fewer than 10% of Americans lack health insurance, according to data released Tuesday by the CDC. And CNBC calls that "a clear sign of ObamaCare's impact." In 2015, only 9.1% of Americans—about 28.6 million people—were uninsured. That's down from 14.2% in 2013 when ObamaCare really started to go into effect, the Hill reports. That drop amounts to another 16.2 million Americans who now have health insurance. "Today's report is further proof that our country has made undeniable and historic strides thanks to the Affordable Care Act." Sylvia Burwell, secretary of health and human services, tells CNBC. "Our country ought to be proud of how far we've come and where we're going."

But regardless of ObamaCare's success in reducing the ranks of the uninsured—the Obama administration estimates more than 20 million Americans have gained insurance since the ACA passed in 2010—the Hill reports that Republicans still plan to use it as a wedge issue in November. Donald Trump and Senate Republicans believe hitting Hillary Clinton over ObamaCare will propel them to victories. “This healthcare law has been devastating to the Democratic Party," John Barrasso, a Wyoming Republican, tells the Hill.

The report from the CDC is attached for anyone who's interested:

How many that have it now do so because someone else was forced to pay the taxes that help fund it for those freeloaders?

We can't be paying the same amount out....and say things are better.

And since those smart enough to use the exchanges for the most part are paying less, it's only you Luddites who persist in spreading mythology.

Using subsidies makes them freeloaders.

Just as driving on the freeway makes you a freeloader.

And over seven months after House Speaker Ryan promised to reveal the GOP's super-special replacement, Congressional Republicans are still whining and doing nothing.

ObamaCare propels number of insured Americans above 90%

For the first time ever, fewer than 10% of Americans lack health insurance, according to data released Tuesday by the CDC. And CNBC calls that "a clear sign of ObamaCare's impact." In 2015, only 9.1% of Americans—about 28.6 million people—were uninsured. That's down from 14.2% in 2013 when ObamaCare really started to go into effect, the Hill reports. That drop amounts to another 16.2 million Americans who now have health insurance. "Today's report is further proof that our country has made undeniable and historic strides thanks to the Affordable Care Act." Sylvia Burwell, secretary of health and human services, tells CNBC. "Our country ought to be proud of how far we've come and where we're going."

But regardless of ObamaCare's success in reducing the ranks of the uninsured—the Obama administration estimates more than 20 million Americans have gained insurance since the ACA passed in 2010—the Hill reports that Republicans still plan to use it as a wedge issue in November. Donald Trump and Senate Republicans believe hitting Hillary Clinton over ObamaCare will propel them to victories. “This healthcare law has been devastating to the Democratic Party," John Barrasso, a Wyoming Republican, tells the Hill.

The report from the CDC is attached for anyone who's interested:

How many that have it now do so because someone else was forced to pay the taxes that help fund it for those freeloaders?

And since those smart enough to use the exchanges for the most part are paying less, it's only you Luddites who persist in spreading mythology.

I pay the taxes that fund roads. Sorry, you lose again. Are they paying the taxes that fund their subsidies? In case you need help, the answer is no, they don't.

I pay the taxes that fund roads. Sorry, you lose again. Are they paying the taxes that fund their subsidies? In case you need help, the answer is no, they don't.

Prove it.

I think we've discussed that something like 45% of the population pays on federal taxes.

My guess is that most on Obummercare come from that 45%.

I think we've discussed that something like 45% of the population pays on federal taxes.

As usual, you'll be asked to provide something more than hearsay to support this and, as usual, you'll come up empty.

As usual, you'll be asked to provide something more than hearsay to support this and, as usual, you'll come up empty.

I bet you're stupid enough to make the claim that those on food stamps pay the taxes that fund food stamps.

Prove it.

All I need is your address. I'll prove it in person.

No it doesn't, it just makes you sound like a complete asshole.

People having means to address their health problems is not "freeloading" as you disgustingly characterize it.

We have Medicare for the elderly and disabled, Medicaid for those with little to no income and some subsidies assistance in individual market to make coverage affordable.

Why? because unlike some assholes that populate the conservo-land, Americans recognize that people of all incomes need basic access to healthcare.

Last edited:

People having means to address their health problems is not "freeloading" as you disgustingly characterize it.

We have Medicare for the elderly and disabled, Medicaid for those with little to no income and some subsidies assistance in individual market to make coverage affordable.

Why? because unlike some assholes that populate the conservo-land, Americans recognize that people of all incomes need basic access to healthcare.

Since subsidies provided them with something they otherwise wouldn't and others are forced to fund those subsidies, it does make the ones using them freeloaders. When the only way someone can get something is for other people being forced to do so, it makes the ones getting it freeloaders.

They had to the means with which to do it before. The problem is those that thought someone deserved what they didn't have wouldn't provide it to them with their own money.

I've suggested many times that if there is anything you think someone deserves but doesn't have, write a check from your account. That you refuse to do so and expect others to be forced to do it proves you don't care about those people. If you did, you'd provide it as the government is not necessary for someone to have what you think they need. All that is necessary is for those that think like you to do it for them voluntarily.

Prove it.

So I can just expect you, not your posse? Upthread you suggested there'd be a group. Check with Qantas to find out the airfares before you make a commitment.

Prove it.

So I can just expect you, not your posse? Upthread you suggested there'd be a group. Check with Qantas to find out the airfares before you make a commitment.

I never suggested there would be a group. I said, upon your request that all those I know needed to prove they've never had any financial issues regarding insurance coverage, that I'd do you one better than the list you wanted. You didn't provide your personal address on open forum so I could give it to them so they could prove to you what I said about them.

Prove it.

I never suggested there would be a group. I said, upon your request that all those I know needed to prove they've never had any financial issues regarding insurance coverage, that I'd do you one better than the list you wanted. You didn't provide your personal address on open forum so I could give it to them so they could prove to you what I said about them.

This conversation started with your claim that you were more successful than Stephen Hawking, but you could only prove that to me face-to-face. It's gradually shifted to your need not only to meet with me in person but to show up at my house. I guess the cost of the airfare to Australia is what's made it shift again.

The tenor I'm getting is that a truly successful person would not resort to childish games...unless he was Tony Soprano or Donald Trump. Even then, he'd have "people" to stalk message board posters who offended him by an understanding of how health insurance works that he doesn't have and doesn't want because it's easier to threaten people from the safety of his keyboard.

I'd be more impressed with you if you actually learned something from these conversations about why it's a good thing for people to have coverage for their health needs. As it is, you seem to be regressing.

Prove it.

This conversation started with your claim that you were more successful than Stephen Hawking, but you could only prove that to me face-to-face. It's gradually shifted to your need not only to meet with me in person but to show up at my house. I guess the cost of the airfare to Australia is what's made it shift again.

The tenor I'm getting is that a truly successful person would not resort to childish games...unless he was Tony Soprano or Donald Trump. Even then, he'd have "people" to stalk message board posters who offended him by an understanding of how health insurance works that he doesn't have and doesn't want because it's easier to threaten people from the safety of his keyboard.

I'd be more impressed with you if you actually learned something from these conversations about why it's a good thing for people to have coverage for their health needs. As it is, you seem to be regressing.

There has been no shift only cowardice on your part.

You made the claim that everyone knows someone that has been negatively affected financially due to insurance companies. I said I knew no one. You asked me to provide a list of them. I offered one better stating that you could provide your address and they'd come see you face to face.

What I'm getting from you is that you're a pussy afraid of the truth.

I'd be impressed with you if when you thought someone should have something they didn't have you'd fund it for them yourself with demanding others be forced to do so. I don't have a problem with anyone that has coverage as long as I am not one of those forced to provide it to them.

Prove it.

You made the claim that everyone knows someone that has been negatively affected financially due to insurance companies. I said I knew no one. You asked me to provide a list of them. I offered one better stating that you could provide your address and they'd come see you face to face.

I'd be impressed with you if when you thought someone should have something they didn't have you'd fund it for them yourself with demanding others be forced to do so. I don't have a problem with anyone that has coverage as long as I am not one of those forced to provide it to them.

I understand this is your usual shtick, threatening to come to people's houses to "explain things to them."

On other message boards, this is known as "stalking." westwall, however, doesn't seem to see a problem with this. So you continue to play out your little fantasy for as long as you can get away with it.

I, meanwhile, will continue to discuss the advantages of a civilized nation whose Founders wrote this little thing called the Preamble, and how some of us choose to interpret that one clause that annoys the rest of you so much.

Cheers!

Spoken like a true leftist.

Wrapping larceny in the flag of "the greater good".

The sad part is when leftists argue that things need to be done for the greater good, they're the ones also determining what "greater good" means.

The sad part is when leftists argue that things need to be done for the greater good, they're the ones also determining what "greater good" means.

All too true.

Notice your point of view is given no real treatment.

Instead, you called the a-word because you have a different view of your obligations than others do (view your obligations...points of view they are all to willing to have).

I understand this is your usual shtick, threatening to come to people's houses to "explain things to them."

On other message boards, this is known as "stalking." westwall, however, doesn't seem to see a problem with this. So you continue to play out your little fantasy for as long as you can get away with it.

I, meanwhile, will continue to discuss the advantages of a civilized nation whose Founders wrote this little thing called the Preamble, and how some of us choose to interpret that one clause that annoys the rest of you so much.

Cheers!

In the real world asking for then not really wanting proof is called cowardice.

I will continue to point out that those refusing to provide for themselves what they should be providing are freeloaders. You have to interpret things. I go by what the Constitution says and it says nothing about the government providing healthcare. That's the difference. You want it to say something it doesn't and I can prove it doesn't say it.

I didn't think you were man enough to want proof and make excuses implying that I would provide anything but that. Run along. Pussies like you bore MEN like me.

In the real world asking for then not really wanting proof is called cowardice.

In the real world, claiming you're more successful than Stephen Hawking but you can only prove it face-to-face is :cuckoo:

I bet you're stupid enough to make the claim that those on food stamps pay the taxes that fund food stamps.

Craig T. Nelson does.

In the real world, refusing to accept proof shows regardless how it's given is cowardice.

So you're stupid enough to believe someone not paying the taxes that fund something should get it?

Forum List

Back