? for gun people

no i dont...you can be arrested for exercising your rights? and why must this be political....

It's always political, especially gun laws. But are you talking about the 'Red Flag' gun laws??? Where your guns can be taken away if someone thinks you are a danger to yourself or society??? That's what it sounds like.....

From what I understand, yes you can either lose your weapons and/or be arrested IF someone makes a complaint...….so if you & hubs get in an argument and split up or if your neighbor gets bent out of shape for mowing their prized roses ..…..they can make the complaint you are dangerous and you'd lose the weapons and/or be arrested....even if you weren't.

Not saying it WILL happen......but it COULD happen that way but I think you'd have to really be an ass, or whoever turned you in was a real ass

There is a lot of room for abuse of this law against gun holders
No it couldn't happen because judges have to sign off on those orders and they have about five different things to consider before they can make the decision to take away a Constitutional right. They also require some evidence. So bones can mow over her neighbors' roses all she wants. In some states, only the police can actually request the judge sign a Red Flag Order. Some states allow family or professionals (like counselors) to submit complaints. But they need good reason.

What you say may be true and let's hope any order is backed up with more evidence than just someone's word.

IF Bones is talking about the 'Red Flag' Law...…..if I'm not mistaken she is in the South and none of those states have that law yet......but if it's some other law she's talking about, then I don't know what the requirements are to enforce. :dunno:
It sounds like her state's version of a "criminal threatening" law or something...

no i dont...you can be arrested for exercising your rights? and why must this be political....

It's always political, especially gun laws. But are you talking about the 'Red Flag' gun laws??? Where your guns can be taken away if someone thinks you are a danger to yourself or society??? That's what it sounds like.....

From what I understand, yes you can either lose your weapons and/or be arrested IF someone makes a complaint...….so if you & hubs get in an argument and split up or if your neighbor gets bent out of shape for mowing their prized roses ..…..they can make the complaint you are dangerous and you'd lose the weapons and/or be arrested....even if you weren't.

Not saying it WILL happen......but it COULD happen that way but I think you'd have to really be an ass, or whoever turned you in was a real ass

No it couldn't happen because judges have to sign off on those orders and they have about five different things to consider before they can make the decision to take away a Constitutional right. They also require some evidence. So bones can mow over her neighbors' roses all she wants. In some states, only the police can actually request the judge sign a Red Flag Order. Some states allow family or professionals (like counselors) to submit complaints. But they need good reason.

What you say may be true and let's hope any order is backed up with more evidence than just someone's word.

IF Bones is talking about the 'Red Flag' Law...…..if I'm not mistaken she is in the South and none of those states have that law yet......but if it's some other law she's talking about, then I don't know what the requirements are to enforce. :dunno:
? for gun people

It sounds like her state's version of a "criminal threatening" law or something...
That may be true IDK BUT I did look more into the Red Flag law and atleast here in Washington state...….that neighbor with an attitude CAN file for an ERPO (Extreme Risk Protection Order) just by filing some papers either in court or online. The police can take away any and all weapons from anyone named without due process, as long as the named individual hands over the guns voluntarily. IF they refuse, the police then have to get a search warrant from the court.
Yes, the person making the complaint and filing the papers will be seen in court or a judge will sign it off, usually the same day of filing...….they just have to convince the judge (with or without actual evidence or witnesses) who may or may not be sympathetic to their case. The named person in the complaint will lose their weapons for 2 weeks before they have the opportunity to present their defense in a true due process court case and they don't 'face their accuser' to do so.

As long as the judge, police and person making the complaint act in a reasonable manner......then it's all well & good. But we all know that shit don't happen like it's supposed too.

Other states law may vary in the requirements or enforcement.

In Washington state, family and even friends can request Extreme Risk Protection Orders.

You don’t need a lawyer to get one. You can access the petition online and file it with the court....

“It’s basically a two-part process,” program manager Sandra Shanahan said,” so people would come in, they would fill out the forms identifying who they are, who they’re filing against, what the concerns are, and then provide a narrative of the behavioral crisis that they’ve observed that leads them to be fearful for this person’s safety or the safety of others. They would see a commissioner or a judge that same day and they could get an emergency order that’s in place for two weeks. Then the other party gets served and then they would come back two weeks later and the court would hear it [in order] to see if there is merit, and if they should enter the order for a longer period.”

And even though it does say this........

And you’ll need evidence, Shanahan says.

“Different things that kind of form a pattern of behavior that’s showing that somebody may be having some dangerous thoughts, danger to themselves or to other people and that can be evidenced by social media posts, emails, texts, actual communication — verbal threats directly. And so it’s all of those things together that somebody would be able to provide in a narrative to the court as evidence of why they have such concern for that person.”

...it still comes down to your word vs their word, if no actual physical evidence such as social media is available. If you can make a convincing argument that someone verbally threatened you or you are afraid of because you overheard several loud arguments or, or, or........it's still possible to get a signed order and it leaves alot up to the judges interpretation or mood of the day to sign the order.

That may be true IDK BUT I did look more into the Red Flag law and atleast here in Washington state...….that neighbor with an attitude CAN file for an ERPO (Extreme Risk Protection Order) just by filing some papers either in court or online. The police can take away any and all weapons from anyone named without due process, as long as the named individual hands over the guns voluntarily. IF they refuse, the police then have to get a search warrant from the court.
Yes, the person making the complaint and filing the papers will be seen in court or a judge will sign it off, usually the same day of filing...….they just have to convince the judge (with or without actual evidence or witnesses) who may or may not be sympathetic to their case. The named person in the complaint will lose their weapons for 2 weeks before they have the opportunity to present their defense in a true due process court case and they don't 'face their accuser' to do so.

As long as the judge, police and person making the complaint act in a reasonable manner......then it's all well & good. But we all know that shit don't happen like it's supposed too.

Other states law may vary in the requirements or enforcement.

In Washington state, family and even friends can request Extreme Risk Protection Orders.

You don’t need a lawyer to get one. You can access the petition online and file it with the court....

“It’s basically a two-part process,” program manager Sandra Shanahan said,” so people would come in, they would fill out the forms identifying who they are, who they’re filing against, what the concerns are, and then provide a narrative of the behavioral crisis that they’ve observed that leads them to be fearful for this person’s safety or the safety of others. They would see a commissioner or a judge that same day and they could get an emergency order that’s in place for two weeks. Then the other party gets served and then they would come back two weeks later and the court would hear it [in order] to see if there is merit, and if they should enter the order for a longer period.”

And even though it does say this........

And you’ll need evidence, Shanahan says.

“Different things that kind of form a pattern of behavior that’s showing that somebody may be having some dangerous thoughts, danger to themselves or to other people and that can be evidenced by social media posts, emails, texts, actual communication — verbal threats directly. And so it’s all of those things together that somebody would be able to provide in a narrative to the court as evidence of why they have such concern for that person.”

...it still comes down to your word vs their word, if no actual physical evidence such as social media is available. If you can make a convincing argument that someone verbally threatened you or you are afraid of because you overheard several loud arguments or, or, or........it's still possible to get a signed order and it leaves alot up to the judges interpretation or mood of the day to sign the order.
If someone verbally threatened you, I think you ask for a Protection From Abuse order. You can also report it to the police. You can also call the cops if you hear several loud arguments. Those situations have different remedies and the cops (or the judge) will tell you that.

Red Flag laws are specifically to address suicidal or homicidal people who have guns while going through a crisis. Since Red Flag laws take the guns away, there is no way to "prove" they are effective--how do you prove something that didn't happen? We know from talking to suicidal people who had guns removed with Red Flag laws, though, that yes indeed they were about to off themselves. Then they get treatment and get better instead of dying. So we know it works. Waiting until that person has gone out and shot a dozen people on the sidewalk is too late. Or waiting until that person has shot a hole through his head.

Think of the mass shooters that we have gone back and looked at their recent history, seen "red flags" popping up everywhere. MAYBE if a family member or friend or even a cop had the right to go to court and show the judge that person was off their rocker, their AR could have been taken away. No it's not a guarantee, but it's a tool.

Do you remember the guy who shot up that Florida airport? He had actually gone to the FBI office and tried to turn himself in. They took his gun away, but even though the man was obviously crazy as hell, they had to return it because there was no legal option to keep it. If there had been a red flag law, they could have gone to the judge, told him what they heard and saw, and most likely have kept the gun that killed those people a few days later.

I don't have quite as low an opinion of judges as you do, I guess. And I've met some really crazy people who have no business with a gun. Obviously, I think Red Flag laws are a Good Thing, one option that maybe can help.

open carry is big here too....a lot of people open carry to avoid the costs and hassles of a cc permit
If it's legal then how can anyone accuse you of terrorizing them?

Personally I never open carry. The last thing I want is to draw attention to myself.

Asslips/clepius said me posting a pic of a silenced 22 was terrorizing.

okay finally got it together and got a pistol and cc...well made hubby do the cc...as i am purchasing the pistol i was told...be aware of the 'gun terror' law where someone reports you cause they are scared....he didnt go into much detail as this area is strong gun country..then i saw someone was charged with this....anyone really understand this law?

armed to the terror of people?
It's in reference to people like you, progressives, finding out you have a gun and calling the police and claiming some bullshit thing you did in the hopes that you will get arrested.

Bullshit.

okay finally got it together and got a pistol and cc...well made hubby do the cc...as i am purchasing the pistol i was told...be aware of the 'gun terror' law where someone reports you cause they are scared....he didnt go into much detail as this area is strong gun country..then i saw someone was charged with this....anyone really understand this law?

Sorry I can't help you. I live in Arizona and nobody terrorizes anyone cause everybody carries counseled. Open carry you just ask for it cause any yahoo can walk up, pull a gun, and take yours You got the gun now take it a step farther and learn the safety of it and get a permit to carry it counseled. Train then train some more. Make the next coward who thinks he has found an easy victim shit his drawers before police drag him off.

Sorry I can't help you. I live in Arizona and nobody terrorizes anyone cause everybody carries counseled. Open carry you just ask for it cause any yahoo can walk up, pull a gun, and take yours You got the gun now take it a step farther and learn the safety of it and get a permit to carry it counseled. Train then train some more. Make the next coward who thinks he has found an easy victim shit his drawers before police drag him off.
Counseled? What is that?

Best to not show your gun or talk about it with anybody!

The law is very convoluted...If you are reaching for an item and somebody happens to see your gun then it's not illegal...but if you show it to somebody & they get frightened...it is illegal.

It's a very fine line & leftist judges will use it to destroy gun owners.

Best to not show your gun or talk about it with anybody!

The law is very convoluted...If you are reaching for an item and somebody happens to see your gun then it's not illegal...but if you show it to somebody & they get frightened...it is illegal.

It's a very fine line & leftist judges will use it to destroy gun owners.
Yup. Just peruse this very board, and you’ll find no shortage of Karen’s that claim merely seeing a gun intimidates them. These fuckers would send a SWAT team to your house just for the virtue signal points, and brag about it the next day, looking for pats on the head. And their sycophants would line up to oblige.

Last edited:
Any other constitutional rights we should hide?

Constitutional right is not the reason to hide it, too many others which ar plain common sense. Ever see the retards carrying openly, "look at me, I'm so cool"

Carry concealed (if you can get a ccw) No one knows, sees, freaks, tries to take it. Pull it if necessary. I been carrying concealed 44 years, daily. Never have I been open carry cept a competition, range etc.

I am still waiting for the day, when i am out of state, like in New Yorkle or Californication, and with my CCP, get arrested for illegally protecting myself or family in a gun free state. Under the equal protection clause i will ask that does the state honor licenses of queers from other states? If the answer is yes, then with the EP law, then my CCP is to be honored also. Both are issued by another state so NY or CAL cant pick and choose the licenses they want to honor. It will be a Democrap Nightmare....
I just stay out of the anti-gun states...except Illinois, which I can't easily avoid.

And even there I can legally have a loaded firearm in my truck...with a valid CCW license.

No California, New York, or Massachusetts for me.

Okay, I found your law. It's kinda weirdly written and oddly vague however it would appear that all four elements of the law would have to exist in order to make it stick.
They are:

• Arms himself or herself with an unusual and dangerous weapon (a gun would satisfy this element)
  • For the purpose of terrifying others and
  • Goes out on public highways
  • In a manner to cause terror to the people

Also this is a Common Law misdemeanor not a Statutory Law which means it's based on Case Law. Supposedly the NC Supreme Court has determined any gun can be considered unusual and dangerous in this instance.
I think it has more to do with someone armed who is waving the gun around, pointing it at people, just being really stupid with it.

Going Armed to the Terror of the People (NC) - Gilles Law, PLLC

What a weird law.

Waving a gun around in my state would be covered by laws against brandishing. If it's in the holster and doesn't come out...if it terrorizes you...your just going to have to go away.

Constitutional right is not the reason to hide it, too many others which ar plain common sense. Ever see the retards carrying openly, "look at me, I'm so cool"

Carry concealed (if you can get a ccw) No one knows, sees, freaks, tries to take it. Pull it if necessary. I been carrying concealed 44 years, daily. Never have I been open carry cept a competition, range etc.
I open carry. I think it is important for the public to see firearms carried by citizens. If you hide your gun...can it not be inferred that you are ashamed of exercising your rights?

I'm not saying your philosophy is wrong..but I am saying their are other philosophies other that "look at me, I'm cool".

To answer your question...I don't know. We don't have any law like that here. If you are worried about it...that needs to be a major consideration in your CCW firearm purchace. It's all tradeoffs. By going smaller...unless your budget is near $1000...you will be trading larger caliber, longer sight plane, reduced muzzle flip and perceived recoil and higher capacity for smaller firearms with greater concealability.

Generally.

Do you already have a gun in mind?

That's probably a better question to ask...if you need advise on such things.

I open carry. I think it is important for the public to see firearms carried by citizens. If you hide your gun...can it not be inferred that you are ashamed of exercising your rights?

I'm not saying your philosophy is wrong..but I am saying their are other philosophies other that "look at me, I'm cool".
Yup. Funny you don’t see these lefticles demanding protesters, protest in their living rooms or secluded areas of national, or state parks...

Get your concealed carry license. No longer in issue.

Forum List

Back