? for gun people

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
okay finally got it together and got a pistol and cc...well made hubby do the cc...as i am purchasing the pistol i was told...be aware of the 'gun terror' law where someone reports you cause they are scared....he didnt go into much detail as this area is strong gun country..then i saw someone was charged with this....anyone really understand this law?

armed to the terror of people?

okay finally got it together and got a pistol and cc...well made hubby do the cc...as i am purchasing the pistol i was told...be aware of the 'gun terror' law where someone reports you cause they are scared....he didnt go into much detail as this area is strong gun country..then i saw someone was charged with this....anyone really understand this law?

Charged with this....?????

If you have carry concealed no one would know if you are armed or not

That's kind of the point isn't it?

I think that means "Stay away from Democrats", since they are notorious for bringing dildos to gunfights...

the way i understand it...if you scare someone by simply being armed?
If you are a Concealed Carry permit holder, other people are not supposed to know you are carrying. That is why it is concealed. But in a state that allows it, if you walked past me, you have to think, does he carry a weapon, so i might not want to fuck with him. In states that ban the CC, the bad guys knows that someone like you cant carry, so they get in your face and possible worse..

CCP's do not turn people into the police. We carry because when someone is going to harm me or my family, then i will resort to finishing the event as quickly as possible.

Do you understand now?

no i dont...you can be arrested for exercising your rights? and why must this be political....
I am still waiting for the day, when i am out of state, like in New Yorkle or Californication, and with my CCP, get arrested for illegally protecting myself or family in a gun free state. Under the equal protection clause i will ask that does the state honor licenses of queers from other states? If the answer is yes, then with the EP law, then my CCP is to be honored also. Both are issued by another state so NY or CAL cant pick and choose the licenses they want to honor. It will be a Democrap Nightmare....

Maybe this person was displaying his gun in a manner intended to cause fear, like the fucking moron that walked up on me and my neighbor that I posted about a while back. In that case, it's a justified charge, If not then you live in a democrat commie infested area and they can charge you for anything they want.

no i dont...you can be arrested for exercising your rights? and why must this be political....

It's always political, especially gun laws. But are you talking about the 'Red Flag' gun laws??? Where your guns can be taken away if someone thinks you are a danger to yourself or society??? That's what it sounds like.....

From what I understand, yes you can either lose your weapons and/or be arrested IF someone makes a complaint...….so if you & hubs get in an argument and split up or if your neighbor gets bent out of shape for mowing their prized roses ..…..they can make the complaint you are dangerous and you'd lose the weapons and/or be arrested....even if you weren't.

Not saying it WILL happen......but it COULD happen that way but I think you'd have to really be an ass, or whoever turned you in was a real ass

There is a lot of room for abuse of this law against gun holders

It's always political, especially gun laws. But are you talking about the 'Red Flag' gun laws??? Where your guns can be taken away if someone thinks you are a danger to yourself or society??? That's what it sounds like.....

From what I understand, yes you can either lose your weapons and/or be arrested IF someone makes a complaint...….so if you & hubs get in an argument and split up or if your neighbor gets bent out of shape for mowing their prized roses ..…..they can make the complaint you are dangerous and you'd lose the weapons and/or be arrested....even if you weren't.

Not saying it WILL happen......but it COULD happen that way but I think you'd have to really be an ass, or whoever turned you in was a real ass

No it couldn't happen because judges have to sign off on those orders and they have about five different things to consider before they can make the decision to take away a Constitutional right. They also require some evidence. So bones can mow over her neighbors' roses all she wants. In some states, only the police can actually request the judge sign a Red Flag Order. Some states allow family or professionals (like counselors) to submit complaints. But they need good reason.

Are you talkin about red flag laws?

Remember when the president said he'd take guns first then give due process second?

That's what red flag laws are about.

Okay, I found your law. It's kinda weirdly written and oddly vague however it would appear that all four elements of the law would have to exist in order to make it stick.
They are:

• Arms himself or herself with an unusual and dangerous weapon (a gun would satisfy this element)
  • For the purpose of terrifying others and
  • Goes out on public highways
  • In a manner to cause terror to the people

Also this is a Common Law misdemeanor not a Statutory Law which means it's based on Case Law. Supposedly the NC Supreme Court has determined any gun can be considered unusual and dangerous in this instance.
I think it has more to do with someone armed who is waving the gun around, pointing it at people, just being really stupid with it.

Going Armed to the Terror of the People (NC) - Gilles Law, PLLC

Are you talkin about red flag laws?

Remember when the president said he'd take guns first then give due process second?

That's what red flag laws are about.
No, it's actually a seperate Common Law based on Case Law and that is the title of it. See post #15.

There was that one cat who got the po po called on him because some people were afraid. They showed up and he was like, oh yeah? well you're gonna have to take it from me cold dead hands. Then all a sudden they were like pew pew pew...pew pew...pew. And they did. They took it from that feller's cold dead hands right there in his doorway.

No it couldn't happen because judges have to sign off on those orders and they have about five different things to consider before they can make the decision to take away a Constitutional right. They also require some evidence. So bones can mow over her neighbors' roses all she wants. In some states, only the police can actually request the judge sign a Red Flag Order. Some states allow family or professionals (like counselors) to submit complaints. But they need good reason.

What you say may be true and let's hope any order is backed up with more evidence than just someone's word.

IF Bones is talking about the 'Red Flag' Law...…..if I'm not mistaken she is in the South and none of those states have that law yet......but if it's some other law she's talking about, then I don't know what the requirements are to enforce. :dunno:

Forum List

Back