Foods you love that others are repulsed by

Soft-shell crabs on a bun. Tomato, lettuce, mayo -- Dee-licious.

With their eight legs dangling over the sides of the bun. You gotta have that part.

Last edited:
My brother would sit at the kitchen table, my daughter next to him in her high chair. He was eating sardines, out of a can, and he'd give them to my daughter and she would suck them down like a little bird. Then she'd have little sardine burps. Ugh.
Just had a can at noon. Twice a week.

For example: those little tins of smoked oysters. On a ritz cracker, with a drop of hot sauce, paired with an ice cold cheap American beer. Love it!
My missus, on the other hand, won't touch them. More for me!
Diet Tonic Water. It IS repulsive. Sour and bitter as all hell. Yet oddly compelling.

Beef tongue tacos.
Alligator tail.
Frito (brains, ears, snout,head fied whole)
My wife told me her sister and her husband sometimes eat squirrel brains
when they're deer-hunting at some cabin in Arkansas.
1605817957866.png
1605817972791.png
:omg::oops:

For example: those little tins of smoked oysters. On a ritz cracker, with a drop of hot sauce, paired with an ice cold cheap American beer. Love it!
Ham and Motherfuckers aka Ham and lima beans.
They were in C rations and everyone hated them except for me. Dennisons used to sell them too but they pulled the product a few years ago so I had to learn how to make them myself. I cook up a batch every so often in a slow cooker. The wife likes em too.

Lima beans. I can't figure out why people hate them so much, but it's more for me so it's all good. I've happily cooked up a whole package and had them ala carte for my whole meal, plenty of butter, s & p

Soft-shell crabs on a bun. Tomato, lettuce, mayo -- Dee-licious.

With their eight legs dangling over the sides of the bun. You gotta have that part.
Ive never had a soft shell crab
Of course, i dont like to eat shells. Because I am a human.
The purpose of eating soft shell crabs is so you can eat the shells. Its just getting the crab immediately after they molt and before the shell has had a chance to harden. Very popular along the Virginia Chesapeake bay. An annual event.

View attachment 418499
I love that little fish pop explosion on your tongue when you eat caviar. Mother Nature's Pop Rocks.

Have you had salmon roe? Much bigger pop.
I don't think so, but it was a big thing when I lived in Connecticut. Might have had a little pile of it somewhere..

Forum List

Back