Food banks, once again Trump proves he is for poor people

Yup Trump is saving the environment (with high gas prices) and helping the poor (with Tariffs)

Trump's trade war with China has a surprising beneficiary: Food banks

But food banks and the mostly lower-income people who rely on them could be unlikely beneficiaries, with more food and greater selection. Meat, dairy products, fruits and vegetables are among the highlighted items.
hen the White House announced it would offer support to farmers facing lower sales abroad – in retaliation for higher U.S. tariffs slapped on foreign imports – it meant the U.S. Department of Agriculture would start purchasing food products for distribution to social-services groups, such as food banks and child-nutrition programs.

Among these is a plan to buy roughly $1.2 billion in agricultural commodities the administration claims are "unfairly targeted" by foreign nations, especially China.

That could mean more food and possibly greater selection for people like Mary Buchanan, who has taken advantage of food distribution at United Food Bank in Mesa, Arizona, in recent weeks while her husband pursues a disability claim.

"It helps make ends meet, and it's a blessing," said Buchanan, 57, a certified caregiver. "It frees up money to pay other bills."

The government's tariff-remediation program to help farmers, along with a bonus food program that the USDA administers each year to buy surplus harvest commodities, could mean an extra 4 million pounds of food for United Food Bank starting in October. That's an increase of about 20 percent for the nonprofit.

Other food banks around the nation also will receive increased shipments.
I can't believe you idiots actually believe trump gives a shit about you or anybody else but himself.

Do you give your salary away and work for free, like the generous Trump does?
The generous trump, ROTFLMAO. Now that is fucking hilarious.

You didn't answer my question, do you give up your salary and work for free like Trump does? If you don't, why not?

Trump does not work for free. He gave away $100,000 this quarter and the government gave his business almost $500,000.

Trump is making a killing and you sheep think he is working for free!

How does the government give his business $500,000?

I can't believe you idiots actually believe trump gives a shit about you or anybody else but himself.

You didn't answer my question, do you give up your salary and work for free like Trump does? If you don't, why not?

Trump does not work for free. He gave away $100,000 this quarter and the government gave his business almost $500,000.

Every time he is at one of his properties the government has to pay for rooms, carts, food, and more for all the secret service agents as well as the rest of his staff that follows him around.

Here is an example...Secret Service spends $13,500 on golf cart rentals for President Trump's Bedminster trip

Every time he is at one of his properties the government has to pay for rooms, carts, food, and more for all the secret service agents as well as the rest of his staff that follows him around.

Here is an example...Secret Service spends $13,500 on golf cart rentals for President Trump's Bedminster trip
Make no mistake about it, the con man is fleecing us taxpayers.

Prove it, I am getting steak and lobster from the food bank right now, thanks president Trump!!

:)

Yup Trump is saving the environment (with high gas prices) and helping the poor (with Tariffs)

But food banks and the mostly lower-income people who rely on them could be unlikely beneficiaries, with more food and greater selection. Meat, dairy products, fruits and vegetables are among the highlighted items.
hen the White House announced it would offer support to farmers facing lower sales abroad – in retaliation for higher U.S. tariffs slapped on foreign imports – it meant the U.S. Department of Agriculture would start purchasing food products for distribution to social-services groups, such as food banks and child-nutrition programs.

Among these is a plan to buy roughly $1.2 billion in agricultural commodities the administration claims are "unfairly targeted" by foreign nations, especially China.

That could mean more food and possibly greater selection for people like Mary Buchanan, who has taken advantage of food distribution at United Food Bank in Mesa, Arizona, in recent weeks while her husband pursues a disability claim.

"It helps make ends meet, and it's a blessing," said Buchanan, 57, a certified caregiver. "It frees up money to pay other bills."

The government's tariff-remediation program to help farmers, along with a bonus food program that the USDA administers each year to buy surplus harvest commodities, could mean an extra 4 million pounds of food for United Food Bank starting in October. That's an increase of about 20 percent for the nonprofit.

I agree with you, however I thought the same about Obama and most politicians, they are all the same.

Prove it, I am getting steak and lobster from the food bank right now, thanks president Trump!!

Lobster is gross. It reminds me of a giant bug.

Lobster is gross. It reminds me of a giant bug.

Lobster is amazing if prepared correctly.

we have subsidies; why tariffs?

Forum List

Back