Breach at Quantico MCB.

"one of the truck’s occupants was a Jordanian national who had recently crossed the southern border into the United States and that one occupant was on the U.S. government’s terrorist watch list."

Definitely not terrorism. Like Obama used to say, "workplace violence."

Mostly peaceful. Maybe we can trade them for one of our not-spies, and a future draft pick.

Most U.S. military bases including Quantico are open. All you have to do is drive in. It should be noted that the FBI academy is also located on the Quantico base.

Most U.S. military bases including Quantico are open. All you have to do is drive in. It should be noted that the FBI academy is also located on the Quantico base.
It was that way until 911, since then there are guard houses and checkpoints at every place you can think of. They will shoot you.

If one is on a terrorist watch list, it will be interesting what they have found in the box truck. If there are any weapons in there then a terrorist attack might have been averted.

Most U.S. military bases including Quantico are open.
You can't just drive onto any military base, and you couldn't in the 80's when I was in, either. Everyone has to show identification at the gate, and if your car does not have a sticker on thw windshield, you will need permission to enter.

The main base of Quantico is east of whatever they are calling RT 1 these days and has always been closed pending check at the gate by armed marines. On the other side of us1 is also Quantico, and is their officers training school and a huge training base for marines. It used to be open to vehicular traffic, and they allowed hunting pretty freely, but even that tightened up since then. As mentioned, the FBY built a pretty big training center there too.

The main base of Quantico is east of whatever they are calling RT 1 these days and has always been closed pending check at the gate by armed marines. On the other side of us1 is also Quantico, and is their officers training school and a huge training base for marines. It used to be open to vehicular traffic, and they allowed hunting pretty freely, but even that tightened up since then. As mentioned, the FBY built a pretty big training center there too.
In the seventies, the only open base I ever saw was the Presidio San Francisco complex on both sides of the Golden Gate. It didn't even have gates.

You can't just drive onto any military base, and you couldn't in the 80's when I was in, either. Everyone has to show identification at the gate, and if your car does not have a sticker on thw windshield, you will need permission to enter.
Yeah, show a drivers license and drive in. You get a visitors pass if you don't have a sticker. I went to boot camp on Parris Island in the 60's and drove back on to the base in the 90's and never had a problem. I drove in and out of Quantico in the 80's without a problem. A freaking photo ID drivers license is all you need to enter most military bases hardly qualifying as a security breach.

Forum List

Back