Follow Sweden

End this nonsense today! The virus is already everywhere and is NOT contained

Our lockdown strategy in the USA was never about saving lives. It was about promoting fear and panic and crashing the economy.
Without a single legislative move, enormous power and autonomy has been taken away from the people.
And no one even blinked.

Sweden's director of battling public health matters such as the Covid 19 virus laid out the Swedish approach:
First of all you tend to the elderly, those with compromised immune systems, the unhealthy, etc.
Then you stop the public mass internment of social distancing because you suppress the
natural herd immunity that stops the Covid 19 virus cold, the a very great degree.

We could learn much from Sweden.

End this nonsense today! The virus is already everywhere and is NOT contained

Our lockdown strategy in the USA was never about saving lives. It was about promoting fear and panic and crashing the economy.
Without a single legislative move, enormous power and autonomy has been taken away from the people.
And no one even blinked.
We all know that, including the left. Their intentions are not noble

Informative article. Thanks!

I am interested in seeing how they do with this. It could inform policy here if it works--maybe. I notice he mentioned that there definitely are social distancing measures at play in Sweden, but they are apparently "recommendations" instead of "orders." It seems school and businesses, including restaurants, have stayed open and they have only suggested isolation for the at risk population. (That was in a previous article I read). I'd like to know more about what those social distancing measures look like. If anyone has seen such an article, please share.

I'd also like to point out that the reason it might not work in the US is the number of people who are loudly refusing to follow the social distancing Orders that were instituted. Lots of bitching but not a lot of cooperation among some. If the people of Sweden care enough to follow guidelines but the people of the US won't, it's not going to be comparing apples and oranges, is it?

We are going to stores both grocery and hardware...buses are still operating...so we can do this and still stay safe...its time to open back up...before the shut in kills us all...

I'm not interested in arguing about it. But if anyone should find more information about what their social distancing DOES look like, I'd be grateful. @ me if you find something. Otherwise, I've heard it all about fifty times, guys. We're stuck with what we've got at the moment. The President has already put out his three phase plan and all the governors have it, if they're willing to use it.

If the people of Sweden care enough to follow guidelines but the people of the US won't, it's not going to be comparing apples and oranges, is it?
The claim that everyone in Sweden follows social distancing protocol is not supported by any
sort of evidence except your assurances that they all do.

Everyone should take the time watch this video: FreeleeTheBananaGirl (It won't embed so just click the link)

It's coming from a very different perspective. She's a vegan, Australian and she lives off grid.
Not surprised this got taken down from youtube. Off topic, but for someone who eats as much as she does, she sure looks "healthy."

YouTube willingly follows their government masters. Opposing information will not be tolerated

If the people of Sweden care enough to follow guidelines but the people of the US won't, it's not going to be comparing apples and oranges, is it?
The claim that everyone in Sweden follows social distancing protocol is not supported by any
sort of evidence except your assurances that they all do.
I didn't "assure" anyone. I simply took information from the article in the OP. Not arguing.

Informative article. Thanks!

I am interested in seeing how they do with this. It could inform policy here if it works--maybe. I notice he mentioned that there definitely are social distancing measures at play in Sweden, but they are apparently "recommendations" instead of "orders." It seems school and businesses, including restaurants, have stayed open and they have only suggested isolation for the at risk population. (That was in a previous article I read). I'd like to know more about what those social distancing measures look like. If anyone has seen such an article, please share.

I'd also like to point out that the reason it might not work in the US is the number of people who are loudly refusing to follow the social distancing Orders that were instituted. Lots of bitching but not a lot of cooperation among some. If the people of Sweden care enough to follow guidelines but the people of the US won't, it's not going to be comparing apples and oranges, is it?
Swedes are more likely to follow advice & direction & are a little more "standoffish"

social distancing comes natural for them

I am not sure that most American have the self discipline that most Swedes do, especially in the more urban areas

the Swedish model is perfect for most of the flyover states

what I am most jealous about is that they kept school going for elementary age kids...

Forum List

Back