Fmr Clinton Defense Secretary Cohen: Inspect Chinese Balloon for ‘Biological Component’

skye

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2012
Cohen said, “....................... first thing we need to do is, number one, is the balloon a military or security threat, but number two, can we get information out of it before we destroy it? We didn’t know, for example, if it could have contained something within the balloon other than helium that could have posed a threat to us. Do we know if it has any kind of biological component to it? So you want to ask those questions.”

3 Feb 2023

He is also concerned

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-KY) raised dire alarms over the Chinese surveillance balloon traveling across the country and floated the notion that it may carry something nefarious such as a bioweapon.

James Comer suggests Chinese balloon could contain bioweapons, blasts lack of transparency​

Ridiculous. People who see spying attempts as attacks are pretty ignorant of the espionage trade.

China is going to drop a biological weapn from 50,000 ft? Riiiiiiight.

China is going to drop a biological weapn from 50,000 ft? Riiiiiiight.
I wonder what type of biological could live through the cold at that altitude this time of year? I suppose some fungi? Probably several others.

Defense Secretaries and House Oversight Committee Chairmans ..... must know what they are talking about.

Don't you think?

I wonder what type of biological could live through the cold at that altitude this time of year? I suppose some fungi? Probably several others.

There are many forms of life that are capable of surviving some pretty extreme circumstances. Tardigrades (AK water bears, AKA moss piglets) are a particularly famous example. Ditto for certain kinds of rotifers. Certainly some kinds of bacteria, some of which are pathogenic. I understand that prions can be particularly difficult to deactivate. (I don't say “kill”, because technically, as with viruses and viroids, they are not considered to be life forms.)

Cohen said, “....................... first thing we need to do is, number one, is the balloon a military or security threat, but number two, can we get information out of it before we destroy it? We didn’t know, for example, if it could have contained something within the balloon other than helium that could have posed a threat to us. Do we know if it has any kind of biological component to it? So you want to ask those questions.”

3 Feb 2023

So NOT "first thing" at all.

Hey that's ok

You never get it right

There are many forms of life that are capable of surviving some pretty extreme circumstances. Tardigrades (AK water bears, AKA moss piglets) are a particularly famous example. Ditto for certain kinds of rotifers. Certainly some kinds of bacteria, some of which are pathogenic. I understand that prions can be particularly difficult to deactivate. (I don't say “kill”, because technically, as with viruses and viroids, they are not considered to be life forms.)
I really dont know, microbiology isn't my thing, but something would have to survive the extreme temps and still be a threat. Just thinking out loud. Seems to me like just infect a couple of people and send them to America, if that is what they really wanted to do. Too much hysteria.

landing in the atlantic guarantees there will be a "biological component" to the debris. Anyway, they will analyze every scrap they find every way possible.....and probably realize all the technology was stolen from us, but I digress.

I really dont know, microbiology isn't my thing, but something would have to survive the extreme temps and still be a threat. Just thinking out loud. Seems to me like just infect a couple of people and send them to America, if that is what they really wanted to do. Too much hysteria.

I don't think there are ay forms of life that actively “live” in the sort of extremes that we are discussing, but there are many that have the ability to go into an inactive state that can survive very harsh conditions nd then return to a living state once conditions improve.

This includes many kinds of pathogenic bacteria. The bacteria that cause anthrax, tetanus, and botulism are among them.

3 Feb 2023

I actually wrote this in a post Friday, I think it was.

I said what if it was dropping some kind of bio or chem weapon like Operation Sea Spray.

We just let it float over the country….so bizarre.

I said what if it was dropping some kind of bio or chem weapon like Operation Sea Spray.

Same thing when Trump was president. No point in getting hysterical.

They would probably just use chem-trails. Geeze.

Same thing when Trump was president. No point in getting hysterical.

Thanks for the link.

” according to several new reports”

Why wasnt it reported at that time?

It sure would have been great to know. Why report on it NOW….and not then?

Wouldn’t you have liked to have known? I sure would have.

Why report on balloons during the Trump admin AFTER this thing this week?

Should have been reported THEN.

Do we know that Trump did not shoot them down? The article sure lacks specifics.

When and where were the balloons during Trump’s time?

Thanks for the link.

” according to several new reports”

Why wasnt it reported at that time?

It sure would have been great to know. Why report on it NOW….and not then?

Wouldn’t you have liked to have known? I sure would have.

Why report on balloons during the Trump admin AFTER this thing this week?

Should have been reported THEN.
Ok sure, I think it should have been reported then too. But does that change the fact it happened?

Forum List

Back