Floyd verdict thread (moments away)

Yes I claim to know the law

" Felony-murder cannot be charged if all the elements of the felony are included in the elements of murder. This is known as the merger doctrine, which holds that if the underlying felony merges with the killing, the felony cannot constitute felony-murder. For example, all of the elements of Assault and Battery with a deadly weapon are included in murder. If a killing, therefore, occurred during the course of this crime, the accused would be charged with murder."

You are welcome.

The level of force used, goes to 3rd degree v Vol Manslaughter. But you can't use the assault itself to convict of felony murder
You clearly don't understand. the felony murder rule is not the same as a degree of murder being a felony. The felony murder rule is about charging co-conspirators

Your citation:

A Rule of Law that holds that if a killing occurs during the commission or attempted commission of a felony (a major crime), the person or persons responsible for the felony can be charged with murder.

Initially it was strictly applied, encompassing any death that occurred during the course of a felony, regardless of who caused it. Therefore, if a police officer attempting to stop a Robbery accidentally shot and killed an innocent passerby, the robber could be charged with murder.
I am not sure where you quote suggest that Felony Murder is only about charging co-conspiritors...it's not.

The person committing a robbery, that has no intent to kill someone, but in the course of the robbery a death happens...can be charged with felony murder.

The Second Degree Felony Murder Stat, in Minn, that you quoted earilier, out lines that.

The assault, via the merger rule, can't be used as the bases for the Felony murder felony.

The assault is the bases for the murder....the reckless in this case, knee on the neck was what killed him..it was the murder...it wasn't a seperate crime...ie the robbery

The verdict was BS, guilty on all 3 counts. Manslaughter should have been the charge he was convicted on. 2nd and 3rd Degree murder charges were not called for since both require intent to kill the victim, this was obviously not the case. Even more disheartening is the fact the media is trying to make Floyd some kind of hero. Fact is he was a convicted criminal with a drug habit and not a person to be looked up to.
Actually 3rd Degree Murder in Minn doesn't require an intent to kill. It is what a lot of jurisdiction refer to as a "depraved heart" murder.

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.
(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

(b) Whoever, without intent to cause death, proximately causes the death of a human being by, directly or indirectly, unlawfully selling, giving away, bartering, delivering, exchanging, distributing, or administering a controlled substance classified in Schedule I or II, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years or to payment of a fine of not more than $40,000, or both.

Floyd may have been a drug addict, and convict...but that doesn't mean he should have died in that manner.
He was responsible for a home invasion and pointed a gun a the belly of a pregnant women, he should shot for that alone. They guy was a criminal thug who was also a drug addict so why is the media praising his life?
I don't care what he did in his past...he didn't deserve to die like this.

I haven't heard the media praise his life....but then again I am not sure what media you listen to.

I have heard many say he didn't deserve to die...which he didn't.

The issue in this case, was the police officer's illegal and murderous actions, not George's history. Being an addict doesn't mean you fail morally, being a murderer certainly does.

The asshole was a drugged out street thug that was passing counterfeit bills. He resisted arrests.

I get tired of hearing this sorry ass "mababydidunutin" bullshit out of the Negroes .

Bad things happen to street thugs all the time.

The police officer did absolutely nothing wrong.

He was lynched by a vicious hateful Negro Mob with the help of some very sorry pathetic White Guilt pukes. Disgusting.
He was convicted of 3 count of murder through our countries legal system. God bless America. I don’t know what reality you’re living in but it sure isn’t this one
Yes, our legal system, while not 100 percent perfect, works. It's sad that so many folks have attempt to overthrow it...like firebombing Federal Courthouse, or ignoring Court's, and continuing to commit on cases as they jury is out.

Personally though, guilty or not, I feel like the cop did not receive anything remotely resembling a fair trial

The chances of any verdict but " guilty" was not happening in that environment, no matter what proof might have surfaced. the bullshit was off the charts, the prosecution was playing fuck fuck games, ( which the judge failed to deal with ), the threats to burn the city if not found guilty, the previous SHTF riots from last year in the jury's minds, intimidation of witnesses, doxxing of witnesses, threats against witnesses, threats against lawyers, threats against the jury, threats against the families of jury was intense, threats to dox jury and release their personal information after the trial for payback, threats / intimidation from the highest levels of government, from congressman, comments from the president, screaming violent mobs demanding guilty verdicts, jury not sequestered, so they talked to family and knew all about these threats and were thus scared of what might happen, the city paying the family 27 million settlement, and the jury knowing it, which screams guilt, and fuck,

The entire trial was offensive as hell to the ideals the country was founded on, the last 200 years of law and precedent.

Completely disgusting. Guilt or innocence should be determined in a fair, impartial court, free from threats, intimidation, and misconduct by elements on the street or government, as well as political interference by government, or mobs of angry rioters. steps should have been taken to reduce such interference and the fact they didn't happen, throws doubt on the entire thing. which should scare and offend everyone, as if it can happen there in that instance, it can in others and likely will, as when bad behavior is allowed to happen, it tends to spread.

It is disgusting to see how we threw away justice to satisfy the hateful Black mob. Equally disgusting was seeing how the pathetic weak White Guilt pukes went along with it.
You can certainly argue that the jury was prejudiced, via the media, riots, and comments by the Dems...we will what the Court of Appeals says

In my opinion he was certainly at least guilty of manslaughter based on the evidence I heard at trial
You don't think Chauvin was being reckless and intending to inflict pain on Floyd as he knelt on his back and neck while Floyd screamed in pain and begged for his life? Manslaughter is an accident. 3rd and 2nd degree is being reckless and intending to inflict pain.
well no...3rd degree requires more then recklessness...it requires a depraved mind

I think that certainly can be argued.

I don't see 2nd degree at all, under the Minn law: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/609.19

Manslaugter, is unintented, and reckless....which i think is a slam dunk.https://statelaws.findlaw.com/minnesota-law/minnesota-involuntary-manslaughter-law.html
From your link for 2nd degree, this is pretty spot on... How do you not see it?

(2) causes the death of a human being without intent to effect the death of any person, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict bodily harm upon the victim, when the perpetrator is restrained under an order for protection and the victim is a person designated to receive protection under the order.
because the officer wasn't under a retaining order or protective order.

The verdict was BS, guilty on all 3 counts. Manslaughter should have been the charge he was convicted on. 2nd and 3rd Degree murder charges were not called for since both require intent to kill the victim, this was obviously not the case. Even more disheartening is the fact the media is trying to make Floyd some kind of hero. Fact is he was a convicted criminal with a drug habit and not a person to be looked up to.
Actually 3rd Degree Murder in Minn doesn't require an intent to kill. It is what a lot of jurisdiction refer to as a "depraved heart" murder.

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

(b) Whoever, without intent to cause death, proximately causes the death of a human being by, directly or indirectly, unlawfully selling, giving away, bartering, delivering, exchanging, distributing, or administering a controlled substance classified in Schedule I or II, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years or to payment of a fine of not more than $40,000, or both.

Floyd may have been a drug addict, and convict...but that doesn't mean he should have died in that manner.
He was responsible for a home invasion and pointed a gun a the belly of a pregnant women, he should shot for that alone. They guy was a criminal thug who was also a drug addict so why is the media praising his life?

I haven't heard the media praise his life....but then again I am not sure what media you listen to.

The issue in this case, was the police officer's illegal and murderous actions, not George's history. Being an addict doesn't mean you fail morally, being a murderer certainly does.

The asshole was a drugged out street thug that was passing counterfeit bills. He resisted arrests.

I get tired of hearing this sorry ass "mababydidunutin" bullshit out of the Negroes .

He was lynched by a vicious hateful Negro Mob with the help of some very sorry pathetic White Guilt pukes. Disgusting.
He was convicted of 3 count of murder through our countries legal system. God bless America. I don’t know what reality you’re living in but it sure isn’t this one
Yes, our legal system, while not 100 percent perfect, works. It's sad that so many folks have attempt to overthrow it...like firebombing Federal Courthouse, or ignoring Court's, and continuing to commit on cases as they jury is out.
It’s starting to work. Very few cop ever get prosecuted for abusing power and we know it happens often. The Floyd case barely made it through. Took many many steps that were pushed through by the will of the people. Look up the original police report of the incident.
Barely got through? The cop was fired the day after the event, and arrested four days later, and convicted of murder within a year...that was very fast for a murder case.
Yes, look at the timeline. I'd bet that if that young lady didn't release the video of the event the entire thing would have been swept under the rug. Have you read the report that the police department initially released?! She posted her video after that report came out and showed what actually happened, that spurred protests and pushed the Governor to appoint the AG to review the case which then lead to the arrest and prosecution of Chauvin. Had that girl not recorded the incident and released the video to the public I bet Chauvin would still be out there with a badge.

I just provided the time line....

Well yeah...obviously law enforcement needed evidence to make their case...thankfully there were witnesses. Had their been no evidence, or witnesses there likely woudn't of been charges...but that's true for most crimes
The cops had body cams. There shouldn't be a need for kids to tape arrests and post on social media after the cops misrepresent what occurred in their reports. Thats called a broken system
The body cams were used as evidence against him. The other video only helped...and provided different views. I am all for more evidence.

Yes, look at the timeline. I'd bet that if that young lady didn't release the video of the event the entire thing would have been
The cops had body cams. There shouldn't be a need for kids to tape arrests and post on social media after the cops misrepresent what occurred in their reports. Thats called a broken system
This is a clear case of the police lying in their reports. A review of which yielded nothing of concern. That's what prompted citizens to show them what really happened.

Personally though, guilty or not, I feel like the cop did not receive anything remotely resembling a fair trial

The chances of any verdict but " guilty" was not happening in that environment, no matter what proof might have surfaced. the bullshit was off the charts, the prosecution was playing fuck fuck games, ( which the judge failed to deal with ), the threats to burn the city if not found guilty, the previous SHTF riots from last year in the jury's minds, intimidation of witnesses, doxxing of witnesses, threats against witnesses, threats against lawyers, threats against the jury, threats against the families of jury was intense, threats to dox jury and release their personal information after the trial for payback, threats / intimidation from the highest levels of government, from congressman, comments from the president, screaming violent mobs demanding guilty verdicts, jury not sequestered, so they talked to family and knew all about these threats and were thus scared of what might happen, the city paying the family 27 million settlement, and the jury knowing it, which screams guilt, and fuck,

The entire trial was offensive as hell to the ideals the country was founded on, the last 200 years of law and precedent.

Completely disgusting. Guilt or innocence should be determined in a fair, impartial court, free from threats, intimidation, and misconduct by elements on the street or government, as well as political interference by government, or mobs of angry rioters. steps should have been taken to reduce such interference and the fact they didn't happen, throws doubt on the entire thing. which should scare and offend everyone, as if it can happen there in that instance, it can in others and likely will, as when bad behavior is allowed to happen, it tends to spread.

It is disgusting to see how we threw away justice to satisfy the hateful Black mob. Equally disgusting was seeing how the pathetic weak White Guilt pukes went along with it.
You can certainly argue that the jury was prejudiced, via the media, riots, and comments by the Dems...we will what the Court of Appeals says

In my opinion he was certainly at least guilty of manslaughter based on the evidence I heard at trial
You don't think Chauvin was being reckless and intending to inflict pain on Floyd as he knelt on his back and neck while Floyd screamed in pain and begged for his life? Manslaughter is an accident. 3rd and 2nd degree is being reckless and intending to inflict pain.
So, why didnt he taze him, as legally entitled and instead used less lethal methods of restraint.??
Floyd was saying he couldn't breathe before Chauvin even touched him.
Right he was saying he couldn't breath before... They called an ambulance. So why throw the man on his face while handcuffed and kneel on his neck and back?! Thats insane. And even more insane that he stayed there as long as he did while Floyd begged for his life. Sit the man up. Its not difficult.
Because he was resisting and under the affects of 9ng of Fatanol.

I am not sure where you quote suggest that Felony Murder is only about charging co-conspiritors...it's not.

Then you ignored the example

Your citation:

Initially it was strictly applied, encompassing any death that occurred during the course of a felony, regardless of who caused it. Therefore, if a police officer attempting to stop a Robbery accidentally shot and killed an innocent passerby, the robber could be charged with murder.

So, why didnt he taze him, as legally entitled and instead used less lethal methods of restraint.??
Right he was saying he couldn't breath before... They called an ambulance. So why throw the man on his face while handcuffed and kneel on his neck and back?! Thats insane. And even more insane that he stayed there as long as he did while Floyd begged for his life. Sit the man up. Its not difficult.
So what? Resisting is not a death sentence. Read the room and act appropriately. This cop didn’t and it is painfully obvious. Amazing you don’t see that

You have to remember that these stupid Moon Bats have the same mentality as the Negroes; "Mybabydindunutin". We hear it every damn time these thugs get their due.

Your citation:

Yep...co-conspiritors to the robbery could be charged with the felony murder as well.

I again fail to see how your quote proves your point or disproves mine? I never suggested a co-conspirator couldn't be charged. Some states however have put some limits, on that though.

But that's why off the mark of what we are talking about...we were discussing how assault couldn't be the felony used for felony murder, and that would merge, via the merger doctrine.

Sounds like he should of called for a medic and got him help for the potential OD, instead of murdering him...very reckless behavior on the officer's part. Certainly not the type of thing a reasonable officer would have done.

Your citation:

Yep...co-conspiritors to the robbery could be charged with the felony murder as well.

I again fail to see how your quote proves your point or disproves mine? I never suggested a co-conspirator couldn't be charged. Some states however have put some limits, on that though.

But that's why off the mark of what we are talking about...we were discussing how assault couldn't be the felony used for felony murder, and that would merge, via the merger doctrine.

Chauvin was not charged with felony murder.

Felony murder came about as a solution to the "prisoners dilemma".

Imagine a gang assault where one gang member commits murder, but the only witnesses are the other gang members. If they all refuse to identify who did the killing, nobody gets charged with murder.

But under the felony murder statute, they don't need to know which gang member pulled the trigger, as they can all be charged with the murder.

Do you get it now?

Sounds like he should of called for a medic and got him help for the potential OD, instead of murdering him...very reckless behavior on the officer's part. Certainly not the type of thing a reasonable officer would have done.
Yes reckless and also staying on that mans back as he pleaded for air and his life would be the assault that contributed to the death that elevates the 3rd and 2nd degree charges. Had they sat the man up and let him sit on the curb while the ambulance came then Floyd would likely still be here today.

Your citation:

Imagine a gang assault where one gang member commits murder, but the only witnesses are the other gang members. If they all refuse to identify who did the killing, nobody gets charged with murder.

But under the felony murder statute, they don't need to know which gang member pulled the trigger, as they can all be charged with the murder.

Do you get it now?
Minn State for 2nd Degree, is their felony murder law. I provided the link.

I know what felony murder is, I just showed you over and over again what it was.

Under your hypo they wouldn't be charged with felony murder unless they were engaged in a different felony...like robbery. If it was just a murder, they could be charged with conspiracy to murder, or principals, but not felony murder unless they were engaged in a felony that didn't merge.

In Minn, under the Second Degree murder stat, if it was a drive by they could be charged however with 2nd degree murder.

Yes reckless and also staying on that mans back as he pleaded for air and his life would be the assault that contributed to the death that elevates the 3rd and 2nd degree charges. Had they sat the man up and let him sit on the curb while the ambulance came then Floyd would likely still be here today.
well an assault isn't necessary...it's the degree of recklessness...for third degree it's a depraved heart....the second degree will likely get tossed, in that it requires either the victim to have a protective order against the killer, or the person being committing some sort of felony, that doesn't merge with the killing..so assault wouldn't cut it.

Your citation:

Do you get it now?
Minn State for 2nd Degree, is their felony murder law. I provided the link.

I know what felony murder is, I just showed you over and over again what it was.

Under your hypo they wouldn't be charged with felony murder unless they were engaged in a different felony...like robbery. If it was just a murder, they could be charged with conspiracy to murder, or principals, but not felony murder unless they were engaged in a felony that didn't merge.

In Minn, under the Second Degree murder stat, if it was a drive by they could be charged however with 2nd degree murder.

Yes keep reading dude... This has been pointed out. Go to section 2 part 2

Subd. 2.Unintentional murders.

Whoever does either of the following is guilty of unintentional murder in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 40 years:

(1) causes the death of a human being, without intent to effect the death of any person, while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense other than criminal sexual conduct in the first or second degree with force or violence or a drive-by shooting; or

(2) causes the death of a human being without intent to effect the death of any person, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict bodily harm upon the victim, when the perpetrator is restrained under an order for protection and the victim is a person designated to receive protection under the order. As used in this clause, "order for protection" includes an order for protection issued under chapter 518B; a harassment restraining order issued under section 609.748; a court order setting conditions of pretrial release or conditions of a criminal sentence or juvenile court disposition; a restraining order issued in a marriage dissolution action; and any order issued by a court of another state or of the United States that is similar to any of these orders.

well an assault isn't necessary...it's the degree of recklessness...for third degree it's a depraved heart....the second degree will likely get tossed, in that it requires either the victim to have a protective order against the killer, or the person being committing some sort of felony, that doesn't merge with the killing..so assault wouldn't cut it.

Thats incorrect. Did you watch the trial? The judge took a good amount of time to read these charges, the law and explained what the law meant to the jury before the lawyers started their closing statements.

THANKS, JURORS! YOU’RE SAFE NOW. WE THE PEOPLE AREN’T.

To the unwitting citizens of Minnesota, just remember: The jurors were worried about their own personal security. It was your life or theirs, and they decided the better part of valor was to sacrifice yours.

Their motto: I regret that I have only dozens of other people’s lives to give for my virtue.

Last edited:
Felony Murder Doctrine | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal ...

The rule extends to unusual circumstances, such as the killing of one of two bank robbers by a bank security officer (the surviving robber may be charged with murder).

Forum List

Back