Florida's Don't Feel Bad Law.

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

“An individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, does not bear responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex. An individual should not be made to feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race,” the bill states.

So, not little Jonnie is taught that slavery was a real thing, he goes home and tells mommy and daddy and BOOM school is now sued for teaching about slavery, and will not be allowed to do so any longer.

Little Suzi learns about what we did to native Americans as we expanded westward, she goes home and tells mommy and daddy and BOOM school is now sued for teaching about what we did and will not be allowed to do so any more.

“An individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, does not bear responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex. An individual should not be made to feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race,” the bill states.

So, not little Jonnie is taught that slavery was a real thing, he goes home and tells mommy and daddy and BOOM school is now sued for teaching about slavery, and will not be allowed to do so any longer.

Little Suzi learns about what we did to native Americans as we expanded westward, she goes home and tells mommy and daddy and BOOM school is now sued for teaching about what we did and will not be allowed to do so any more.
Gimmy a break. Unlike the way you think, I can tell you right now that if my great or great, great grandfather was a serial killer, I would spend a single minute feeling bad about his actions. Slavery was not my doing and in that respect, I am very proud of my country for ending it. Africa should do the same.

So...now we're down to NOT teaching history?
Wonder how long it will be before that history is re-written permanently....or deleted straight away? :)

Shut up, honky.

Well it seems to me the big phrase here is "Made to feel". I don't know any parents or conservatives who have a problem with kids being taught the facts of history. And they're often not pretty. Fine. It's when schools then undergo all kinds of think sessions and racial reconciliation projects based on that history where they go wrong.

So...now we're down to NOT teaching history?
Wonder how long it will be before that history is re-written permanently....or deleted straight away? :)
I believe history will still be taught. Slavery and how our nation treated Native Americans will be part of the course as well as the way we treated Japanese citizens during WWII. The teacher will just point out that it is unfair to blame white people today for the actions of their ancestors.

My ancestors lived in the North and some may have fought to free the slaves In the Civil War. 360,222 memebers of the Union Army (the North) died in the Civil War.

That is a strange interpretation of the law, go ahead, I bet the suits would get tossed.

It’s not a matter of teaching the FACTS of the unpleasant things which have happened in this (and every other) country’s history.

The issue occurs when the curriculum is designed to make specific groups of children (who weren’t even born in the century these events occurred in) feel bad because people who had some characteristic in common with them may have been involved in those events.

I believe history will still be taught. Slavery and how our nation treated Native Americans will be part of the course as well as the way we treated Japanese citizens during WWII. The teacher will just point out that it is unfair to blame white people today for the actions of their ancestors.

My ancestors lived in the North and some may have fought to free the slaves In the Civil War. 360,222 memebers of the Union Army (the North) died in the Civil War.
I have no problem with it being taught that Northerners generally did not believe blacks to be equal to whites. They weren’t fighting to free slaves, but to preserve the Union, just as Southerners claim they weren’t fighting to preserve slavery, but to maintain States’ Rights. Whatever gets you through the night, I guess.

Forum List

Back