Florida woman's insurance rate increases from $54 to $591 under Obamacare

the POINT is.....the woman was happy with her old plan.....why can't she keep it....?

Obamacare not only decrees that you must BUY insurance.....but it also decrees what TYPE of insurance you must buy....and lastly HOW MUCH you must pay for it....:mad:

you feeling the freedom much......?

Last edited:
Obamacare 101: how the federal subsidy works (+video) - CSMonitor.com

If your income falls between 100 percent and 400 percent of the federal poverty level, you will receive a tax credit that can be applied immediately toward your health insurance premium.

One’s “modified adjusted gross income” (MAGI) is the benchmark; that includes wages, salaries, tips, capital gains, and other income, minus contributions to flexible spending accounts and retirement plans, and certain deductions. This sheet explains exactly what is included in the MAGI.

People living at between 100 and 133 percent of poverty level will pay at most 2 percent of their income for health insurance, while those at between 300 and 400 percent of the poverty level will pay a maximum 9.5 percent of their income. There is a sliding scale for incomes in between, as laid out in the chart in this report.

Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) =
Include:
• Wages, salaries, tips, etc.
• Taxable interest
• Taxable amount of pension, annuity or IRA distributions and Social Security benefits
• Business income, farm income, capital gain, other gains (or loss)
• Unemployment compensation
• Ordinary dividends
• Alimony received
• Rental real estate, royalties, partnerships, S corporations, trusts, etc.
• Taxable refunds, credits, or offsets of state and local income taxes
• Other income

Deduct:
• Certain self-employed expenses4
• Student loan interest deduction
• Tuition and fees
• Educator expenses
• IRA deduction
• Moving expenses
• Penalty on early withdrawal of savings
• Health savings account deduction
• Alimony paid
• Domestic production activities deduction
• Certain business expenses of reservists, performing artists, and fee-basis government officials

A radical right wing propaganda site uses some "source" from another radical right wing site for their piece. LMAO! you right wingers are too much :lmao:

Keep up the good work :lol:

I don't need to read any kind of site from any kind of political wing because I've already been living in the Obiecare nightmare. My health insurance premiums increased 200 per cent for the plan I have back in July, in anticipation of the Obiecare rollout and I can't afford to pay them over the long run. I'm age 60, healthy, and rarely have had to use my plan.
So my message, as we start to enter this holiday season, to Obiecare supporters is.......

:up_yours:

A middle class family of four with a household income of $61,000:

You didn't prove anything... Where in my example did I say a family of 4?
If you are going to argue my stats use my example and not create a new one.
Remember: Apples to Apples

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
the POINT is.....the woman was happy with her old plan.....why can't she keep it....?

Obamacare not only decrees that you must BUY insurance.....but it also decrees what TYPE of insurance you must buy....and lastly HOW MUCH you must pay for it....:mad:

you feeling the freedom much......?

You said it correctly, Our wannabe boy king "decrees" and makes no apologies for when he lies.

Little-Nut writes, "Florida woman's insurance rate increases from $54 to $591 under Obamacare" but does not tell you what is the subsidy.

Again you are talking as if the "Subsidy" is a given! It is not. If you are making middle class wages you will not qualify for a subsidy.

That is patently false. I just proved it by using your own link!

So you are saying everyone get a tax credit subsidy for their health care?

A radical right wing propaganda site uses some "source" from another radical right wing site for their piece. LMAO! you right wingers are too much :lmao:

Keep up the good work :lol:

I don't need to read any kind of site from any kind of political wing because I've already been living in the Obiecare nightmare. My health insurance premiums increased 200 per cent for the plan I have back in July, in anticipation of the Obiecare rollout and I can't afford to pay them over the long run. I'm age 60, healthy, and rarely have had to use my plan.
So my message, as we start to enter this holiday season, to Obiecare supporters is.......

:up_yours:

HORSE PATOOT- INSURERS HAVE BEEN SCREWING PEOPLE FOREVER- costs doubled under Bush- it was just your time to get screwed. NOW we'll we FINALLY get costs and scams under control...but Pubs and insurers will fight forever- the money grubbing swine...

Little-Nut writes, "Florida woman's insurance rate increases from $54 to $591 under Obamacare" but does not tell you what is the subsidy.

You don't know whether or not there is a subsidy and even if there is, what difference does it make? If the policy is now $550 more and $400 of that is subsidized all that means is that the rest of us are now helping pay for it when we weren't before.

Please, oh enlightened one, indulge us all with your wisdom as to how that would be a win for anybody?

A middle class family of four with a household income of $61,000:

You didn't prove anything... Where in my example did I say a family of 4?
If you are going to argue my stats use my example and not create a new one.
Remember: Apples to Apples

You are getting desperate. Since when is the right wing definition of "middle class family" a DINK? :lol:

My example was far more representative of the average American middle class family. Your example was a Hail Mary pass, hoping no one would notice it had no kids in it.

My more realistic example of a middle class family gets a subsidy. Thanks for the link which proves it.

Last edited:
Again you are talking as if the "Subsidy" is a given! It is not. If you are making middle class wages you will not qualify for a subsidy.

That is patently false. I just proved it by using your own link!

So you are saying everyone get a tax credit subsidy for their health care?

No, that is not what I am saying. What YOU were saying is that no middle class families will get a subsidy, and I proved you wrong.

With evidence from your own link. :lol:

You tried to use a DINK as evidence that no middle class families will get a subsidy. That was the fatal flaw in your argument.

Last edited:
My example was far more representative of the average American middle class family. Your example was a Hail Mary pass, hoping no one would notice it had no kids in it.

My Example was based on the original article, a 56 year old women ...no kids were mentioned.

Consider this, too. ObamaCare allows parents to carry their children on their insurance policy until the kids are 26 years old. So you can carry your kids well into your middle age.

The more kids you have on your policy, the bigger your subsidy is.

As a critical thinker, I can't help but notice how short and uninformative that article is. That is some of the worst journalism I have ever seen. That's what you get when you read blogs.

1) The article makes no mention of how the new policy compares to the old policy. It is an apples and oranges comparison. Her new policy has much more coverage.

Yes, it is absolutely wrong the woman is not being allowed to keep an insurance policy the government has decided is substandard for her needs. The government should not be deciding what is best for me.

2) She is not being forced to buy the $591 policy. It is what her old insurance company is offering as a replacement. She is free to buy another policy from another company on the exchange.

3) The article makes no mention if the woman qualifies for a federal subsidy which will pay for most, if not all, of her new policy. The video DOES say she is eligible for subsidies. So she may end up actually paying LESS for her insurance. And she will have a better policy than her old one.

4) The article says, "at least 300,000 people are losing coverage". I can guarantee you this is a lie of omission and thus blows the integrity of the report right out of the water. This woman is an example. She lost her OLD coverage, but now has NEW coverage being offered to her. This is the case with most, if not all, of those 300,000 the hack writer says are losing their coverage.

The people who are receiving cancellation notices are people who have policies that are not comprehensive enough under the ACA regulations.

Just as I did not believe the Democratic claim there were "46 million uninsured Americans", I do not believe the Republican claim flying about that "16 million Americans" are losing their health insurance.

Yes, Obama's claim you could keep your insurance was a massive lie. Absolutely. But the Right is not being entirely truthful, either.

As a critical thinker, I can't help but notice how short and uninformative that article is. That is some of the worst journalism I have ever seen. That's what you get when you read blogs.

Yes, we know how highly you think of yourself.

) She is not being forced to buy the $591 policy. It is what her old insurance company is offering as a replacement. She is free to buy another policy from another company on the exchange.

It is the policy that most closely resembles what she had in coverage and price. The policies offered by all companies are so similar in content and price that there isn't much to choose from.

The article makes no mention if the woman qualifies for a federal subsidy which will pay for most, if not all, of her new policy. The video DOES say she is eligible for subsidies. So she may end up actually paying LESS for her insurance. And she will have a better policy than her old one.

Speculation on your part, almost ALL of the new plans are High Deductible plans....and just because the new policy covers maternity, alcohol and drug abuse , mental health, pediatric dentistry does not mean that the plan is "better" than the one she had.

The article says, "at least 300,000 people are losing coverage". I can guarantee you this is a lie of omission and thus blows the integrity of the report right out of the water. This woman is an example. She lost her OLD coverage, but now has NEW coverage being offered to her. This is the case with most, if not all, of those 300,000 the hack writer says are losing their coverage.

Pure speculation on your part. Those 300,000 thousand lost their old plans, you are weak and your use of semantics is quite reavealing.

Finally, YOU are the one who claimed that the subsidies could only be used on Silver and Gold plans, you have no credibility.

Sent her a bill? Obamacare doesn't send you a bill.

She was waving the renewal packet around that was sent her by her insurance company, it reminded her of what she had and what they were recommending her to move to.

It occurred to me the other day that this is another scam the insurance companies are pulling. They're ending the old policies, which means people have to transition to something in the post-Obamacare market,

but what the companies are trying to do is suck people directly into one of their own products instead of the customer going shopping. It's a classic scam.

I'll bet the woman in the OP has never been near the exchange.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back