"Flattening the Curve" What it means and why its important.

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide

IN a couple of threads today there has been major propaganda from MSNBC, CNN, and other left wing fake news sites concerning how we handle biological attacks/events in the general populace.

First let me dispel the myth that Trump has screwed up... He has not. There is no stopping this virus. Full Stop! What we can do is manage its "burn" infection rate. This is called "Flattening the Curve".

upload_2020-3-16_13-1-54.png

Italy is a prime example of those who did not manage the infection rate or take precautions. The Red curve above is how Italy's infection rate burned quickly and overwhelmed their systems ability to respond. Now decisions have to be made as to who will receive treatment and who will not. People are dying!

The Blue Curve is what Trump and his team are attempting to gain. That is why you impose social distancing, close schools, close public places, etc. You stop gatherings where the infection rate can run unchecked. You test people and determine where your clusters of sick are and deal with quarantining these areas. This is all aimed at SLOWING THE SPREAD OF THE DISEASE.

There is no stopping this until it burns itself out. (We do create antibodies when we are infected and recuperation completes). As this is a new virus we have no immune system protection from it and social distancing is the only way we can manage it until a vaccine is created.

In my Biological Warfare schooling, years ago, we learned how to combat a biological attack/event. Trump and his team are making the right decisions.

Its going to be uncomfortable for most Americans but IT IS NECESSARY!

SO do what your instructed to do:

Wash your hands..
Stay home if your ill..
Don't Hoard - all this does is make it worse as our supply chains are not broken.
Keep your home clean and wiped down daily.

This will pass.

Last edited:

IN a couple of threads today there has been major propaganda from MSNBC, CNN, and other left wing fake news sites concerning how we handle biological attacks in the general populace.

First let me dispel the myth that Trump has screwed up... He has not. There is no stopping this virus. Full Stop! What we can do is manage its "burn" infection rate. This is called "Flattening the Curve".

View attachment 312811

Italy is a prime example of those who did not manage the infection rate or take precautions. The Red curve above is how Italy's infection rate burned quickly and overwhelmed their systems ability to respond. Now decisions have to be made as to who will receive treatment and who will not. People are dying!

The Blue Curve is what Trump and his team are attempting to gain. That is why you impose social distancing, close schools, close public places, etc. You stop gatherings where the infection rate can run unchecked. You test people and determine where your clusters of sick are and deal with quarantining these areas. This is all aimed at SLOWING THE SPREAD OF THE DISEASE.

There is no stopping this until it burns itself out. (We do create antibodies when we are infected and recuperation completes). As this is a new virus we have no protection from it and social distancing is the only way we can manage it until a vaccine is created.

In my Biological Warfare schooling, years ago, we learned how to combat a biological attack. Trump and his team are making the right decisions.

Its going to be uncomfortable for most Americans but IT IS NECESSARY! SO do what your instructed to do:

Wash your hands..
Stay home if your ill..
Don't Hoard - all this does is make it worse as our supply chains are not broken.

This will pass.

We've been Pavlovianly conditioned to compete to the death before cooperate or think societally, and to hoard, look around.

IN a couple of threads today there has been major propaganda from MSNBC, CNN, and other left wing fake news sites concerning how we handle biological attacks in the general populace.

View attachment 312811

There is no stopping this until it burns itself out. (We do create antibodies when we are infected and recuperation completes). As this is a new virus we have no protection from it and social distancing is the only way we can manage it until a vaccine is created.

In my Biological Warfare schooling, years ago, we learned how to combat a biological attack. Trump and his team are making the right decisions.

Its going to be uncomfortable for most Americans but IT IS NECESSARY! SO do what your instructed to do:

Wash your hands..
Stay home if your ill..

This will pass.

We've been Pavlovianly conditioned to compete to the death before cooperate or think societally, and to hoard, look around.
LOL...

I'm a preper so I have supplies that I manage. We have no need to panic buy. Americans used to plan and protect themselves but the Nanny State tried to make us dependent on them.. I hope this silliness stops soon and people begin to think again..

upload_2020-3-16_13-1-54-png.312811

There's no numbers or data on your propaganda graph.

It's just a pictoral of someone's opinion about something.

Here, try this graph, I think it might be more suited for what you're trying to accomplish...

ak5ejwle2li01.jpg

I hear we already have government mandated curfews and government mandates stating we no longer have a right to freedom of mass assembly. And some other stuff. They're are on a roll and all it took was an illustration of some talking head's agenda without any data and a box of crayons.

Last edited:

View attachment 312811

Wash your hands..
Stay home if your ill..

This will pass.

LOL...

I'm a preper so I have supplies that I manage. We have no need to panic buy. Americans used to plan and protect themselves but the Nanny State tried to make us dependent on them.. I hope this silliness stops soon and people begin to think again..
in other words...
j58egwse33n41.jpg

Here, try this graph, I think it might be more suited for what your'e trying to accomplish...

ak5ejwle2li01.jpg

I hear we already have government mandated curfews and government mandates stating we no longer have a right to freedom of mass assembly. And some other stuff. They're are on a roll and all it took was an illustration of some talking head's agenda without any data and a box of crayons.
That's just stupid.

Here, try this graph, I think it might be more suited for what your'e trying to accomplish...

ak5ejwle2li01.jpg

That's just stupid.
It's totally stupid. I just can't believe so many people fell for it.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

View attachment 312811

Wash your hands..
Stay home if your ill..

This will pass.

LOL...

in other words...
j58egwse33n41.jpg
I hope that is how your handling your parents and grandparents...

The fools are now not even trying to hide their stupidity..

Here, try this graph, I think it might be more suited for what you're trying to accomplish...

ak5ejwle2li01.jpg

You've missed the point.

You've missed the point.

There was no point other than a colorful expression of opinion in order to solicit a desired response. Hell, it didn't even have any data. lol. Some graph that was. These leftists hiding under the so-called 'conservative' banner are getting just as bad as you drones are with your climate change pictorals. The hypocricy is laughable. Almost as laughable as the danger in the authoritarianism both of sides of the false paradigm are pimping.

Last edited:
You've missed the point.

There was no point other than a colorful expression of opinion in order to solicit a desired response. Hell, it didn't even have any data. lol. Some graph that was. These leftists hiding under to so-called 'conservative' banner are getting just as bad as you drones are with your climate change pictorals. The hypocricy is laughable. Almost as laughable as the danger in the authoritarianism both of sides of the false paradigm are pimping.
:aug08_031::aug08_031:

Right over your damn head!

IN a couple of threads today there has been major propaganda from MSNBC, CNN, and other left wing fake news sites concerning how we handle biological attacks/events in the general populace.

View attachment 312811

There is no stopping this until it burns itself out. (We do create antibodies when we are infected and recuperation completes). As this is a new virus we have no immune system protection from it and social distancing is the only way we can manage it until a vaccine is created.

In my Biological Warfare schooling, years ago, we learned how to combat a biological attack/event. Trump and his team are making the right decisions.

Its going to be uncomfortable for most Americans but IT IS NECESSARY!

SO do what your instructed to do:

Wash your hands..
Stay home if your ill..

This will pass.

Thanks, Captain Obvious. Are you sure you don't work for CNN? The US medical industry is still comically unprepared for if the numbers of infected rise even a fraction of what they have in places like Italy.

CDC WARNING:

Italy is now dealing with people who are in their 30's. the virus is changing and those infected having problems is widening.
Got a link? I haven't heard that. I thought Italy's problem was that 60% or so of their population is 46 or older.

You've missed the point.

There was no point other than a colorful expression of opinion in order to solicit a desired response. Hell, it didn't even have any data. lol. Some graph that was. These leftists hiding under the so-called 'conservative' banner are getting just as bad as you drones are with your climate change pictorals. The hypocricy is laughable. Almost as laughable as the danger in the authoritarianism both of sides of the false paradigm are pimping.
Not true. The point was the measures being taken now have a purpose, and what that purpose was.

How could you not get that?

Forum List

Back