FLASHBACK: Just A Friendly Reminder Of How Off Climate Alarmists Were Back in 1972

Wow. We were really naive. Even though we've known this is coming for a lot longer than that, I don't think anyone knew how bad it would get.

Thanks for posting this.

I don't know how old you guys are, but I've been around long enough to tell you that we should have been extinct like 10 times over by now according to the eco-Nazis.... you have to love how the "pro-science" crowd sees a ten year change out of 4,500,000,000 years and sees a "trend".

:lol:

Well, no... but I will give credit due where it is due. The ecological movement has made significant strides in making us better stewards of the planet. The problem is, it always gets out of hand and we end up with silliness like Solyndra and other such scams.

I don't know who said it, but it was something to the effect that "every good cause eventually becomes a racket."

This was the opening sentence in your link...it sets out the agenda of the piece quite clearly;
Science is only indisputable when it fits the left’s narrative.

This was the opening sentence in your link...it sets out the agenda of the piece quite clearly;
Science is only indisputable when it fits the left’s narrative.

Yeah? That some of the people are totally full-of-shit?

That is precisely the point...
At the same time as some scientists were suggesting we might be facing another ice age, a greater number published contradicting studies. Their papers showed that the growing amount ofgreenhouse gasses that humans were putting into theatmospherewould cause much greater warming – warming that would a much greater influence on global temperature than any possible natural or human-caused cooling effects.

By 1980 the predictions aboutice ages had ceased, due to the overwhelming evidence contained in an increasing number of reports that warned of global warming. Unfortunately, the small number of predictions of anice ageappeared to be much more interesting than those of global warming, so it was those sensational 'Ice Age' stories in the press that so many people tend to remember.

GlobalCooling.JPG

The fact is that around 1970 there were 6 times as many scientists predicting a warming rather than a cooling planet. Today, with 30+years more data to analyse, we've reached a clear scientific consensus:97% of workingclimatescientists agree with the view that human beings are causing global warming.
What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s

Forum List

Back