What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiscal Conservatives!

asterism

Congress != Progress
Reaction score
Well it seems 2008 wasn't enough of a beating, we had to try and change the GOP in 2010. Well that didn't do much so most of us held our nose and voted for the moderate Romney (good guy, but not a fiscal conservative).

So what now?

SniperFire

Reaction score
The dollar is getting killed in the currency market right now.

g5000

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well it seems 2008 wasn't enough of a beating, we had to try and change the GOP in 2010. Well that didn't do much so most of us held our nose and voted for the moderate Romney (good guy, but not a fiscal conservative).

So what now?

First, some whining about how the election was stolen.

Then, a stampede of fair weather conservatives from the Romney tent. You are going to see him completely eviscerated by the right. He won't be getting a show on Fox News.

This will be followed by total Fiscal Cliff saturation. Will the Bush tax cuts on the rich expire? Will payroll taxes go up? Will the defense budget be cut in half? Cue doom music.

SniperFire

Reaction score

So what now?

Then, a stampede of fair weather conservatives from the Romney tent. You are going to see him completely eviscerated by the right. He won't be getting a show on Fox News.

This will be followed by total Fiscal Cliff saturation. Will the Bush tax cuts on the rich expire? Will payroll taxes go up? Will the defense budget be cut in half? Cue doom music.

Are you making shit up again? You lose credibility doing that.

LOL

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Reaction score
I feel bad for Romney, the teaparty has already started slamming him.

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Reaction score
I'll vote Republican when they nominate an actual Conservative. Only the Left says they need to nominate a "moderate". Look what happened to Moderate McCain and now Romney.

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Reaction score
I think if either men were fiscal conservatives and socially moderate, they would have had a bigger chance.

OP
asterism

asterism

Congress != Progress
Reaction score

So what now?

The only doom is the continuation of the FAIL that is Obama's economic policy. 7.8% is good news?

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Reaction score
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Reaction score

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Reaction score
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
I feel bad for Romney, the teaparty has already started slamming him.
They never really supported him.

True. Which is a valid position, i didnt support him either. However I wont be spending the next 4 years blaming him for the loss. :D
Not Romney's fault that the GOP power elite are a bunch of authoritarian assholes, who won't stand for an ounce of dissent from the neocon party line.

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
after the election the divide reamins. The status quo prevails and grid lock takes the day. Nothing has changed. The decline will continue.

OP
asterism

asterism

Congress != Progress
Reaction score
They never really supported him.

True. Which is a valid position, i didnt support him either. However I wont be spending the next 4 years blaming him for the loss. :D
Not Romney's fault that the GOP power elite are a bunch of authoritarian assholes, who won't stand for an ounce of dissent from the neocon party line.

That's the part that is going to be misinterpreted, the people who held their noses to vote for Romney.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$191.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List