First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

No, I don't know that. Cincy soundly beat the team currently sitting at #5. They have not lost a game. If you think they are fresh meat, you haven't been paying attention to them.

And I am not jacking off the SEC. In the last decade the SEC has been the dominant conference. No, not every team is of the same caliber. But the top of the SEC is the best.

Umm..no I think Ohio State would have zero problem with Cincy. Just my opinion....opinions are like a-holes of course--everyone has one.

Umm..no I think Ohio State would have zero problem with Cincy. Just my opinion....opinions are like a-holes of course--everyone has one.
Um I believe he's talking about #5 ND not #6 OSU, since UC beat #5 ND and hasn't played #6 OSU.

OSU had a down year though, losing to 2 of the 3 top 25 teams (as currently ranked) teams on their schedule. Im not convinced that defense could stop UC's Offense. UC has more weapons on that side of the ball than either Michigan or Oregon.

Oh bullshit. You know damned well that amongst the 4 tops that Cincinnati is the fresh meat. And in a 4 team playoff the best team should face that fresh meat team.

Stop jacking off the SEC
lol Ask Winter how much of an SEC homer I am...

I think UC would run Michigan out of the stadium, you should be thankful you aren't playing them and getting embarrassed.

Um I believe he's talking about #5 ND not #6 OSU, since UC beat #5 ND and hasn't played #6 OSU.

OSU had a down year though, losing to 2 of the 3 top 25 teams (as currently ranked) teams on their schedule. Im not convinced that defense could stop UC's Offense. UC has more weapons on that side of the ball than either Michigan or Oregon.
Yeah, he was.

I don't think OSU has much of a problem if they were to play Cincy though. Just my opinion.

Yeah, he was.

I don't think OSU has much of a problem if they were to play Cincy though. Just my opinion.
it would likely be a shootout but that OSU defense is suspect AF. Stroud is a bit of a mess under pressure sometimes it seems as well. I think UC has too many weapons on O and coupled with their experience gets it them the win I think. UC's secondary is actually pretty good. They have one of the best cover corners in college football.

it would likely be a shootout but that OSU defense is suspect AF. Stroud is a bit of a mess under pressure sometimes it seems as well. I think UC has too many weapons on O and coupled with their experience gets it them the win I think. UC's secondary is actually pretty good. They have one of the best cover corners in college football.

That is the main thing that worries me. Their secondary will be the best we have faced all year. Of course, the Alabama defense will be the best they have faced as well.

That is the main thing that worries me. Their secondary will be the best we have faced all year. Of course, the Alabama defense will be the best they have faced as well.
Agreed on both accounts. Frankly I think the best 2 teams in the PO (by the eye test) are going to play in that game. BTW didnt you say one of the Alabama WR's is going to be out for that game?

That could be true. They certainly have the least pressure. That always worries me.
UGA just seems like they are a little overhyped. Maybe just the one game but they didn't look great on their biggest stage of the year. I think they are 4 by resume and 3 by eye.

UM got lucky. The weather, OSU being a bit one dimensional this year or at least because of their WR corps relying on the pass too much, and a QB who was in over his head at times (pressure wise) allowed them to beat OSU, also a surprisingly uncharacteristic suspect defense that OSU has put on the field this year I know I had them ranked #1 in a previous post, and by resume I think they should be there, but by eye I think they are probably 4.

UC is 2 or 3 by resume and 2 by eye

Bama is 2 or 3 by resume and 1 by eye.

UGA just seems like they are a little overhyped. Maybe just the one game but they didn't look great on their biggest stage of the year. I think they are 4 by resume and 3 by eye.

UM got lucky. The weather, OSU being a bit one dimensional this year or at least because of their WR corps relying on the pass too much, and a QB who was in over his head at times (pressure wise) allowed them to beat OSU, also a surprisingly uncharacteristic suspect defense that OSU has put on the field this year I know I had them ranked #1 in a previous post, and by resume I think they should be there, but by eye I think they are probably 4.

UC is 2 or 3 by resume and 2 by eye

Bama is 2 or 3 by resume and 1 by eye.

I think the game will hinge on UC's run defense. Saban would prefer to run it as much as he can, which will open up the passing game.

I also think a big factor for the semi final game is the amount of time Saban has to prepare.

I think the game will hinge on UC's run defense. Saban would prefer to run it as much as he can, which will open up the passing game.

I also think a big factor for the semi final game is the amount of time Saban has to prepare.
I can agree with that. Oh the more time the Alabama coaching staff has to prepare the worse it likely is for UC. UC's HC is pretty good, I'll give him his props but he's not Saban at least not yet.

I can agree with that. Oh the more time the Alabama coaching staff has to prepare the worse it likely is for UC. UC's HC is pretty good, I'll give him his props but he's not Saban at least not yet.

He is an excellent HC. But Saban has more resources as far as players go.

They may end up putting too many things into the offense... But I don't think 'Bama's defense will have the same issues.

They may end up putting too many things into the offense... But I don't think 'Bama's defense will have the same issues.

They have some of the best cornerbacks in college football, including the winner of the Jim Thorpe Award for best defensive back. Bryce will have to be super accurate.

As I said before, the test will be can the Bearcats stay as physical and fast for 4 quarters.

They have some of the best cornerbacks in college football, including the winner of the Jim Thorpe Award for best defensive back. Bryce will have to be super accurate.

As I said before, the test will be can the Bearcats stay as physical and fast for 4 quarters.

I think you're going to have a good time watching the Cotton Bowl.

Well the USFL will be back next year (without Trump). So it may last 3-5 Scaramucci's before it folds this time.
Why would Trumps involvement one way or another have anything to do with the product on the field which I assume is what will determine it’s success

Forum List

Back