First Amendment.

JohnDB

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2021
So where I'm kinda shocked....my chin hit the floor.

The Whitehouse is telling Facebook and Twitter which posts it deemed as harmful to the American people...and Facebook agreed and banned those people...and erased those posts.

Erasing first amendment rights.

Look, I don't care if you think that taking a vaccine is a statement that you love Satan and kill kittens or club baby seals.... you have a right to say it on a public platform.

Coming from a president that has a 20% approval rating....

Time to toss him out!

Government involvement is certainly a breach of 1st Amendment protections under the guise of private actions, don't you agree?

The police can't get some civilian to go break into a house and gather evidence. Surely the same concept applies here, no?
Wrong.

Somebody needs to read the text of the first amendment and discover who it actually applies to. Turns out it's not facebook.

The government doesn't own any social media companies. Public property is property that is owned by the government.
Facebook has a unique charter and protection by the Federal Government.

And there is a specific Supreme Court mandate that prohibits just this exact deputization.

The Whitehouse is telling Facebook and Twitter which posts it deemed as harmful to the American people...and Facebook agreed and banned those people...and erased those posts.
How do you deal with this?
Don't use FB or whatever other platform are carrying water for the Democrats.
Reduction of usership means less ad revenue = lower profits = lower stock prices = corporate boards demand accountability.

Look, I don't care if you think that taking a vaccine is a statement that you love Satan and kill kittens or club baby seals.... you have a right to say it on a public platform.

Time to toss him out!
:link: :link:

Time to toss him out!

So, if you can't say it on Facebook, you can't say it at all?

Well, if the US keeps the current way of electing "representatives", much sooner than if it changes to Proportional Representation.
This is a major meltdown of our three branches of government.

We have the legislative branch writing minimum sentencing guidelines and mandatory sentences. Then we have our judges legislating from the bench. And a president who ignores the judicial branch's directives of their interpretation of the constitution. It's a freaking free for all.

What's the point in having a constitution if no one wants to follow any of it?

Back in the '60's Biden would be facing an impeachment for the deputizing of Facebook to restrict free speech.... nevermind all the stuff with his son's laptops. That would have gotten him exiled out of the States... even if it's only ¼ true...he would have been disgraced for this. This is even more than Nixon ever thought about doing.

But no hearings....no investigation...no impeachment proceedings... nothing

Forum List

Back