CDZ Firing Comey.....what was the motivation?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Analysis: Donald Trump's decision to fire James Comey means the campaign won't end

There are billions of articles on it, I just picked one from a source I don't always use.

Why did Trump fire the man now?

Does the secret lie in Comey's personality?

Comey seems an interesting man. Let's see if my take on him is right.

Comey was appointed by Obama then contradicted him by seeming to out Hillary on the email thing. BUT, Comey did not want to prosecute Hillary. Since he picked a middle ground I figure Comey couldn't stand what Hillary did with the emails but also felt it either was not critical or did not think he could win a case.

Gonzales Hospital Episode Detailed

Previously Comey was involved in some episode where he helped prevent John Ashcroft from being bullied (or allowed) to sign off on extending some kind of unconstitutional surveillance order during the big government surveillance hey day following 9-11. So there is a law enforcement officer Comey, coming out on the side of civil liberty during the Bush W administration.

Do I have these right?

What else do I need to know about Comey and what was Trump up to?

Analysis: Donald Trump's decision to fire James Comey means the campaign won't end

There are billions of articles on it, I just picked one from a source I don't always use.

Comey was appointed by Obama then contradicted him by seeming to out Hillary on the email thing. BUT, Comey did not want to prosecute Hillary. Since he picked a middle ground I figure Comey couldn't stand what Hillary did with the emails but also felt it either was not critical or did not think he could win a case.

Previously Comey was involved in some episode where he helped prevent John Ashcroft from being bullied (or allowed) to sign off on extending some kind of unconstitutional surveillance order during the big government surveillance hey day following 9-11. So there is a law enforcement officer Comey, coming out on the side of civil liberty during the Bush W administration.

Do I have these right?

To me the motivation is obvious --- it's all about timing..

Sally Yates was getting way too much press shining way too much spotlight on a way too sleazy Rump scandal. This was a quick and easy way to boot her off the front page and hope that the public would "forget" what she's saying. Because when you live in an ostrichian world of self-delusion, you also delude yourself into believing that other people also swim in self-delusion.

Besides which, he can't stand it when he's not the center of attention. so it's the narcissistic spite of an emotional 12-year-old.

Finally and least urgently, he gets to put a lid on that same spotlight and the creepy-crawly things inside. Maybe. Or so he thinks.

The timing was determined by the Senate confirmation (94-6) of Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein, who laid out the case against Comey's politicized handling of Hillary's national security violations and subsequent investigations of purported Russian involvement in the 2016 Presidential campaign. Instead of being a dispassionate Director of the FBI, he was a political "player" who curried favor with whomever was in power.

In the case of Hillary's emails, he agreed to bail out AG Lynch (and Obama) by accepting her preposterous story about her "accidental" meeting with Bill Clinton and making the decision not to prosecute Hillary, even though that remained the responsibility of the AG's Office (regardless of Lynch's recusal). He further compounded these political shenanigans by improperly revealing (and then dismissing) the findings of his investigation which, along with numerous unwarranted immunity deals, would make any future prosecution of Hillary's misdeeds impossible.

His more recent gamesmanship with the "Russian" investigation underscored the fact that he is, like Clapper and Yates, nothing more than a political hack with his finger in the wind. The Director of the FBI is supposed to be more than that.

The timing was determined by the Senate confirmation (94-6) of Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein, who laid out the case against Comey's politicized handling of Hillary's national security violations and subsequent investigations of purported Russian involvement in the 2016 Presidential campaign. Instead of being a dispassionate Director of the FBI, he was a political "player" who curried favor with whomever was in power.

In the case of Hillary's emails, he agreed to bail out AG Lynch (and Obama) by accepting her preposterous story about her "accidental" meeting with Bill Clinton and making the decision not to prosecute Hillary, even though that remained the responsibility of the AG's Office (regardless of Lynch's recusal). He further compounded these political shenanigans by improperly revealing (and then dismissing) the findings of his investigation which, along with numerous unwarranted immunity deals, would make any future prosecution of Hillary's misdeeds impossible.

His more recent gamesmanship with the "Russian" investigation underscored the fact that he is, like Clapper and Yates, nothing more than a political hack with his finger in the wind. The Director of the FBI is supposed to be more than that.

Yyyyyeah. Cool story bro. Unfortunately that confirmation was two weeks ago. Oopsie.
My point stands.

I thought the Democrats had all agreed amongst themselves the Russians are behind everything, so why are they whining about Comey, again? Because they literally have nothing and need to jump up and down a lot to make it look like they're doing something?

Do I have these right?

Time will tell about the motivation.

Here's the problem with firing someone: Once fired, they no longer have any obligations to their position. Sure, some people will scream "Sour grapes!", but now Comey is free to write a tell-all book about his service as the Director of the FBI. LOL

their Masters want to keep them harping on Trump, because they have a huge pile of criminal activity and treason to keep out of the news. Hillary's uranium deal, Podesta's especially suspicious Russian connections, the Muslim Brotherhood agent and her sicko deviant husband, etc/., etc., and then there is the hundreds of billions Obama gave the Mullah terrorists in Iran to play with.

Do I have these right?

Here's the problem with firing someone: Once fired, they no longer have any obligations to their position. Sure, some people will scream "Sour grapes!", but now Comey is free to write a tell-all book about his service as the Director of the FBI. LOL

He can't write anything without admitting his own crimes, so it won't be worth much.

Do I have these right?

He can't write anything without admitting his own crimes, so it won't be worth much.
Again, time will tell. IMHO, Comey is a man of integrity in a very, very dirty environment.

Fuck all the scumbag partisans. They're the ones bringing our nation down, not those who speak honestly and truthfully.

I thought the Democrats had all agreed amongst themselves the Russians are behind everything,

And by Democrats you mean you are just making this up.

Here is some help for you:

The Russians tried to influence the American Presidential election- confirmed by the FBI, CIA and NSA.
National Security Advisor Flynn lied to Trump's administration about talking with the Russians- he was asked to resign- after 18 days.
The FBI is investigating Russia's election hacking attempt- and as part of that are investigating whether there was any collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign.
The Attorney General agreed to recuse himself after Sessions had falsely claimed never to have met with the Russians.
Then Sessions recommended the firing of the man leading the investigation of the Russians- the investigation Sessions recused himself for.

Personally I doubted that there was any actual collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia- just Trump hired some liars- but ......this firing makes me more suspicious.

What is Trump trying to hide?

Do I have these right?

Unfortunately not completely- Comey is still bound by confidentiality rules.

I thought the Democrats had all agreed amongst themselves the Russians are behind everything,

And by Democrats you mean you are just making this up.

Here is some help for you:

The Russians tried to influence the American Presidential election- confirmed by the FBI, CIA and NSA.
National Security Advisor Flynn lied to Trump's administration about talking with the Russians- he was asked to resign- after 18 days.
The FBI is investigating Russia's election hacking attempt- and as part of that are investigating whether there was any collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign.
The Attorney General agreed to recuse himself after Sessions had falsely claimed never to have met with the Russians.
Then Sessions recommended the firing of the man leading the investigation of the Russians- the investigation Sessions recused himself for.

Personally I doubted that there was any actual collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia- just Trump hired some liars- but ......this firing makes me more suspicious.

What is Trump trying to hide?
There are a lot of unanswered questions and the Trump team canning Comey only hurt them. This isn't "The Apprentice" or any other "reality show". It's real life with real life people and real life American voters.

Do I have these right?

Unfortunately not completely- Comey is still bound by confidentiality rules.
True, but there's a lot of latitude there too.

I'm a retired military veteran who used to have TS clearance and had over 21 years of experience. There's things I can talk about and other things I can't. Same goes with Comey or anyone else.

Personally, I'm looking forward to him being freed to talk from a personal standpoint without being tethered to his official obligations. IMHO, Trump fucked up firing him.

Last edited:

Yyyyyeah. Cool story bro. Unfortunately that confirmation was two weeks ago. Oopsie.
My point stands.
The only type of coffee you drink must be instant.

Do I have these right?

No....he was going after a Republican President...and defended hilary and obama.......he got put on the spot when the criminal loretta lynch got caught talking to bill clinton...he made the best out of a bad situation....and said he wasn't going to press charges against hilary, after naming all the laws she broke.....he hasn't gone after hilary, he hasn't gone after huma abedin, he hasn't gone after lois lerner, and he hasn't gone after the people who unmasked Flynn or the spying obama did during and after the election.......

That is why he was fired...he is an obama stooge......as is his Deputy Director...

He also recommended Patrick Fitzgerald who went after Bush by going after the supposed leak about valerie plame....what was the result...he knew Richard Armitage was the guy who leaked her name on day one of the investigation...but he went after Bush's inner circle and got Scooter Libby on a perjury charge even though he didn't do anything wrong.....

So comey is an obama minion who needed to go.

My point stands.
The only type of coffee you drink must be instant.

Ewww.. I'd rather drink my own puke. Nope, for me it's the darkest French roast beans I can get, ground just before the just-below-boiling water hits it in the French press. Only way to go. :coffee:

Strange tangent, but demanded correction.

No....he was going after a Republican President...and defended hilary and obama.......he got put on the spot when the criminal loretta lynch got caught talking to bill clinton...he made the best out of a bad situation....and said he wasn't going to press charges against hilary, after naming all the laws she broke.....he hasn't gone after hilary, he hasn't gone after huma abedin, he hasn't gone after lois lerner, and he hasn't gone after the people who unmasked Flynn or the spying obama did during and after the election.......

That is why he was fired...he is an obama stooge......as is his Deputy Director...

He also recommended Patrick Fitzgerald who went after Bush by going after the supposed leak about valerie plame....what was the result...he knew Richard Armitage was the guy who leaked her name on day one of the investigation...but he went after Bush's inner circle and got Scooter Libby on a perjury charge even though he didn't do anything wrong.....

So comey is an obama minion who needed to go.
Sorry, dude, but disagreed. He was simply laying the cards out as they fall. The Left Wingers hated him and blame him for Hillary losing the election. In their opinion, Comey was sucking Putin's cock. The Left screamed for Comey to be gone. Now that Trump fired him, the LW nutjobs are still screaming. Just proof you can't ever satisfy a completely irrational nutjob.

Ewww.. I'd rather drink my own puke.....
No doubt you would. Fanatics and partisans are like that. OTOH, I'd recommend a better course of action: live up to one's own beliefs. Have a code of honor and life it even if it means it costs our lives.

Most people are cowards and do not have such a code. To them, this is all a trifle. Not worth worrying about. Fine. Their choice. I don't worry about their opinions either.

Forum List

Back