CDZ Trump impeachment

sjay

VIP Member
Aug 24, 2009
In my 40 yrs. of voting I've voted republican 70% of the time,so I consider this an unbiased statement,Trump should be impeached for obstruction of justice,in the firing of Comey. What say you?

I would say you do not understand the legal definition of 'Obstruction of Justice'. If you are referring to an alleged ongoing investigation of Trump by the FBI, at this point that is speculation at best. And even if there is an investigation ongoing, the Comey firing would not obstruct that investigation.

Secondly, the FBI director serves at the pleasure of the current President. Not Congress. Not the DOJ.

Conclusion: No basis for impeachment.

In my 40 yrs. of voting I've voted republican 70% of the time,so I consider this an unbiased statement,Trump should be impeached for obstruction of justice,in the firing of Comey. What say you?

No.

I say, take up a hobby for the next 8 years. No justice has been obstructed. There is still an FBI hard at work, and the president still has the right to fire people.
I know, start a petition to impeach the president's hair.
In the mean time:
BREAKING:
Still no collusion between Russia and our new President........

Last edited:
When you fire the FBI director in charge of investigating your election campaign, this sounds extremely Nixonian.

Even Nixon himself did not dare fire an FBI director.

Q.E.D.

I rarely vote GOP for POTUS.

The last time I did was right after Carter fokked up the country.

But I prefer that the GOP controls the Senate because these boyz are in charge of the SCOTUS ratifications.

So with the Senate being largely GOP and the House being DEM, the POTUS can be either one.

But with HIllary-gate (Clinton Foundation Inc) and Trump's crotch grabbing at age 60 it was not a good year for good candidates.

Third party was the only good choice in 2016.

I agree with you, but were I the one leading the impeachment effort in Congress, my reason would be "on general principle." After all, impeachment, unlike criminal and other civil charges brought by the staffs of attorney's general, doesn't have to adhere to any particular rules of law, precedents, or anything else. Congress has the authority to impeach (House) and remove from office (Senate) a POTUS or judge merely because it wants to see that person removed from office. "Fed up" is good enough reason.

Were I a Republican in Congress knowing that I could help end Trump's tenure as POTUS and Pence would take his place, I wouldn't need two seconds to vote to impeach or remove Trump. What I think of Pence's policy stances wouldn't even matter for as a man, he's at least level headed and far less given to "drama" than is Trump. As far as I'm concerned, that's good enough reason to see Trump removed.

When you fire the FBI director in charge of investigating your election campaign, this sounds extremely Nixonian.

Q.E.D.

Worry if he fires the FBI. Until then, this was the most partisan decision to come out of Washington in a loong time. Nobody thought Comey was qualified, so the choice to fire was a good one.

And still no collusion found between Putin and Trump. Tons of it during the Obama admin. but that's all she wrote so far...

And for his ham-fisted, flat-footed attempt at a cover-up.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Q.E.D.

Worry if he fires the FBI. Until then, this was the most partisan decision to come out of Washington in a loong time. Nobody thought Comey was qualified, so the choice to fire was a good one.

And still no collusion found between Putin and Trump. Tons of it during the Obama admin. but that's all she wrote so far...
Nobody thought Comey was qualified

Say what? The man's qualifications to perform the job of FBI Director were never in question. As go Comey's qualifications to be FBI Director, they are the substantively same one's possessed by each of the individuals whom I've heard rumored to be on the "short list" to replace him.
  • Assistant United States attorney for the Southern District of New York
  • Assistant United States attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia
  • U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York
  • Deputy Attorney General at the Department of Justice
  • General counsel and senior vice president at Lockheed Martin
  • General counsel at Bridgewater Associates
What was called into question is whether Comey appropriately complied with DoJ policy.

No, the president should not be impeached for doing something he has the constitutional authority to do.

The media loved Obama and looked the other way when the Autornity General protected him. The MSM hates Trump and will leave no stone unturned to find some dirt to get him impeached.

Comey was not an investigator; Trump did not fire anyone investigating his case, so isn't obstructing anything. Comey should have been fired under OBama, but he was too useful in keeping Hillary's campaign going, so he stayed, and then tried to play both sides. We'll be seeing him indicted himself, or plea-bargaining to save his own ass.

i'd be more inclined to agree *if* there was a shred of evidence against him that wasn't "manufactured" by the media.

but it does make me wonder how firing 1 person out of a whole stable of agents investigating him will stop said investigation at all. it also makes me wonder how come 30k deleted e-mail messages isn't obstruction to the same people who feel the firing is.

we just seem to live in a time where we can go after people for doing something we're also in the middle of doing ourselves.

The "Russia-gate" investigation is simply a preemptive fabrication designed to ward off further investigation of the actual crimes committed by Hillary & Co.

No. As others have stated, firing Comey does not obstruct the investigation into Russia/Trump collusion in any way whatsoever. Further, it is clear that he has the authority to do so.

/----- Yeah sure Snowflake. The president has every right to do so even when Dems called for Comey to go.

How is it not the dems crashing into a black hole of this ?
The narrative doesn't even follow any accuracy to the judicial process at hand, and he's not even under investigation. He has it on tape. Hope they get prosecuted,

Forum List

Back