fire on tablerock!

dance98989.gif

lol stop it...this is serious business.....not really ...they havent allowed burning of the woods in so long.....undergrowth is terrible and dead and rotting and now on fire....we are interested to see if it will help the trees infested with aphids and such but so far there is no threat to homes or people...

i was shocked at how many people were at wisemen's view last night.....lots of professional photographers....i didnt realize how big the fire had gotten and apparently it exploded again last night

Table Rock fire grows to 1,800 acres - The News Herald: News

Sorry to hear that. Wildfires are a real problem. Is is a crown fire, or a ground fire? If it is a ground fire, and can be maintained at that level, then it will be a good thing for the forest. A crown fire is most definately not a good thing.

Here in the west, our forests in many areas are getting so dry, and have so much bug kill from lack of hard winters, that ground fires quickly evolve to crown fires. The Forest Service is only alloted so much money, and start the year with plans for thinning and brush removal, and, by midsummer, all the money for that is gone, spent fighting fires.

Sorry to hear that. Wildfires are a real problem. Is is a crown fire, or a ground fire? If it is a ground fire, and can be maintained at that level, then it will be a good thing for the forest. A crown fire is most definately not a good thing.

Here in the west, our forests in many areas are getting so dry, and have so much bug kill from lack of hard winters, that ground fires quickly evolve to crown fires. The Forest Service is only alloted so much money, and start the year with plans for thinning and brush removal, and, by midsummer, all the money for that is gone, spent fighting fires.

Sounds like a job for welfare recipients.

Thanks for posting this. I drove through that area Tuesday and it was threatening to rain but mostly windy. I must have just missed the fire. But I saw something starting up over in Graham County at the beginning of the week, don't know what that developed into if anything.

I didn't think we were parched around here with all the summer rains but apparently so.

Forum List

Back