Finding a Doctor If You Don't Have Covid

The day before yesterday, my 84-year-old mother was walking across my sister's living room, fell down, and started having something that looked like a seizure. My sister, of course, called the paramedics and had her taken to the ER. Mom ended up spending the entire day in the ER. They determined that she has influenza-B, which then opened the door for her to get pneumonia. They don't know for sure what the falling and seizure thing was about, although they think she may have a blood clot interfering with the circulation to her brain.

Here's the thing. Normally, she would have had tests run, x-rays to find out how badly she damaged her hip (my sister thinks she might have broken it), and been admitted to the hospital. Instead, my sister found out at 2 pm that they hadn't even put in the order for the tests yet. Basically, they gave her a quick once-over, tested her for Covid, and since she doesn't have it, forgot that she was there. After a full day of sitting there and having nothing done for her whatsoever, my sister signed Mom out AMA (against medical advice) and brought her home to start looking for somewhere to get her the care she needs. She reported that the hospital was clogged up with people who aren't even particularly sick, but are terrified and panicked about "the 'rona". And the doctors and nurses can't seem to wrap their brains around the idea that there's any other illness or medical condition in the world besides Covid.

Mom could have had a stroke. We don't know, because we can't get anyone to do the tests and find out. If she has a blood clot, which she has a history of and is on blood-thinners for, it could break loose and go to her brain or heart and kill her. But it's not "the 'rona", so it doesn't matter. Fucking pneumonia is THE number one killer of the elderly. But to everyone's mind, the only respiratory problem in the world is Covid. Who cares if your lungs are filled with fluid, so long as it's not full of "the 'rona"?

Enough is fucking enough with this insane panic. Our loved ones are not statistics for politicians to use and sacrifice for their agenda and personal power.
So your mother has no primary care doctor and gets all her medical treatment via emergency rooms?

So your mother has no primary care doctor and gets all her medical treatment via emergency rooms?
Doctors during the plannedemic refused to see their ordinary patients because of COVID...........Happened so some or our family and relatives............

If you got covid........it was stay the hell away from our office............Others made exceptions........and some WENT OFF LABEL........OMFG.........the SHAME.

Doctors during the plannedemic refused to see their ordinary patients because of COVID...........Happened so some or our family and relatives............

If you got covid........it was stay the hell away from our office............Others made exceptions........and some WENT OFF LABEL........OMFG.........the SHAME.
I never had any problem seeing my Dr During Covid

I never had any problem seeing my Dr During Covid
We had some that did..........some that did not..........Each Doctor made their own decisions ......some lost customers after as a result.

Took us a year to finally get a surgery to remove mesh from my wife during covid.......after trying all over Alabama we finally were forced to go to Texas to have it done......A doctor at the the University of Alabama told us ..........why should he do the surgery when he now makes the same money without doing it and playing golf.............I kid you not.

His waiting room was empty............EMPTY........the nurses there and in Auburn who also refused called it the COVID GAME.

Forum List

Back