Finally Good News on Social Security

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
Social Security will remain solvent a bit longer due to the Covid deaths during the past 2 years.

---“However, unlike in most economic recessions, the potential effects from increased Social Security benefit applications will be partially offset by increased deaths among our beneficiaries due to the pandemic,’’---

Since Eisenhower started using SS money to build highways, it's only fair to raise gasoline taxes to pay back the funds, same with all the other projects funded using the revenue for everything but SS. It isn't 'broke', that's a myth; the government needs to pay back what it looted from SS, is all. And, the pensions should be adjusted upwards to account for real inflation to boot.

So in other words, Social Security won't go belly up this year, thanks to all those Boomers who died from the Chinese virus, and are no longer drawing a check?

Well that's....uhh.....good news, I guess.

Last edited:
The consequences of Covid has lead to many boomers retiring early. So I doubt there is much improvement in SS solvency.

Funny thing…our corrupt government and media like to talk about SS solvency, but they never speak of the solvency of the MIC.

Since Eisenhower started using SS money to build highways, it's only fair to raise gasoline taxes to pay back the funds, same with all the other projects funded using the revenue for everything but SS. It isn't 'broke', that's a myth; the government needs to pay back what it looted from SS, is all. And, the pensions should be adjusted upwards to account for real inflation to boot.
It's broke and I don't care how it got broke. It was a bad idea from the start.

Social Security will remain solvent a bit longer due to the Covid deaths during the past 2 years.

---“However, unlike in most economic recessions, the potential effects from increased Social Security benefit applications will be partially offset by increased deaths among our beneficiaries due to the pandemic,’’---

Of course the larger than normal cost of living increases due to xidens inflation will offset a lot of the savings. But I guess since xiden is getting more people killed, they have to cling to anything that's remotely positive, no matter how grotesque.

Social Security crossed a new milestone when it reached its 87th anniversary on Sunday. The program was signed into law by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt on Aug. 14, 1935. Today it provides monthly checks to more than 65 million beneficiaries.

But it now faces a deadline after which the program will no longer be able to pay full benefits, if Congress does not act sooner. In 2035, according to the program’s trustees, just 80% of benefits will be payable.

House Democrats John Larson of Connecticut and Pramila Jayapal of Washington teamed up on Monday to call to bring a bill to expand Social Security up for a vote this fall.

Here's another thing for Repubs to lose their minds over.

Social Security crossed a new milestone when it reached its 87th anniversary on Sunday. The program was signed into law by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt on Aug. 14, 1935. Today it provides monthly checks to more than 65 million beneficiaries.

But it now faces a deadline after which the program will no longer be able to pay full benefits, if Congress does not act sooner. In 2035, according to the program’s trustees, just 80% of benefits will be payable.

House Democrats John Larson of Connecticut and Pramila Jayapal of Washington teamed up on Monday to call to bring a bill to expand Social Security up for a vote this fall.

Here's another thing for Repubs to lose their minds over.
Good thing our president hasn’t achieved his goals regarding social security.

FACT CHECK: JOE BIDEN HAS ADVOCATED CUTTING SOCIAL SECURITY FOR 40 YEARS​

“I tried with Senator Grassley back in the 1980s to freeze all government spending, including Social Security, including everything,” Biden said in 1995.​

“When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security as well,” he told the Senate in 1995. “I meant Medicare and Medicaid. I meant veterans’ benefits. I meant every single solitary thing in the government. And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a third time, and I tried it a fourth time.” (A freeze would have reduced the amount that would be paid out, cutting the program’s benefit.)

Fact Check: Joe Biden Has Advocated Cutting Social Security for 40 Years

Cutting social security means Americans will be forced to work into their late 60s. That is wrong in every aspect. That takes happiness out of the equation.

Cutting social security means Americans will be forced to work into their late 60s. That is wrong in every aspect. That takes happiness out of the equation.
Yes and in addition many employers discriminate against older workers, in an effort to eliminate them from the work force. Plus many workers are in occupations with physical demands, preventing them from effectively doing the job as they age.

Those who talk about cutting social programs like our demented potus, NEVER talk about cutting the war machine or corporate welfare.

Forum List

Back