Filling Air Time

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
The 2012 presidential campaign has been in full swing longer than a term in the House of Representatives. My greatest fear is that the media filled up so much air time with this campaign the next one will commence the day Romney is sworn in. Filling air time between product commercials is what the media does best. Political advertising is television’s most lucrative of all advertising.

I have no proof to back this up, but two billion dollars, that is a 2 followed by nine zeroes for the mathematically challenged ($2,000,000,000), is a pretty good guesstimate of the amount media took in the past two years, and that’s the presidential race only. A percentage of that dough was spent by candidates fighting for the nomination. As near as I can determine —— losers that advertise to win the nomination is the only advertising that says the public ain’t getting the product. It’s akin to Papa John advertising a free super-pizza the public will never see!

Last night’s debate had to be an occasion for mourning among talking heads. It was the last trust fund check the media can squeeze out of this campaign. The campaign is basically over. The election is the final filler. On November 7 it’s back to praying for earthquakes, hurricanes, and tsunamis. When there are no tragedies to talk about media mouths have to hustle around trying to find stories they can stretch out for a few days.

Incidentally, interest in what the president says or does barely fills air time for a day. That’s the same guy who filled air time for months when he was a candidate.

NOTE: No president ever got the amount of face time Hussein got. He seldom gave press conferences. He did not have to because the media covered him anyway. He was always on TV in clips that were then talked about. All of that face time only served to annoy television viewers. Every time he showed up in prime time a collective groan was heard emanating from homes across the land.

Naturally, I did not watch the debate. This morning I hopped, skipped, and jumped through the transcript. Two observations:

1. Romney is a UN-loving Internationalist phoney. There is not a whit of difference between him and Hussein in foreign policy.

2. Hussein is a lying sack of shit in everything, but more so about war. He should have been nailed for The Arab Spring. He got away with it because American military people were not killed. They will be killed in the not too distant future. Those four American civilians killed in Benghazi, Libya are the first casualties in Hussein’s touchy-feely war —— thousands of military deaths are a certainty when Muslim Brotherhood countries are fought on real battlefields.

If Romney was different than Hussein he would have warned the American people that Hussein will start more touchy-feely wars if he gets a second term. Ultimately, the US military will end up fighting touchy-feely wars for the United Nations. That has been the foreign policy goal all along.

Romney also failed to stress that Hussein refuses to fight wars in defence of this country, while he has no problem using America’s military to fight for the Muslim Brotherhood.

Here’s the transcript for those with a cast iron stomach:

Transcript: October 22 Presidential Debate
Posted on: 9:27 pm, October 22, 2012, by David Wells, updated on: 09:31pm, October 22, 2012

Transcript: October 22 Presidential Debate | FOX13Now.com

Last edited:
Judi McLeod covered Bob Schieffer’s Freudian slip pretty good: “Obama's uh bin Laden.” She provided a few examples of the problems professional talkers seen to have with Hussein’s last name:

“ABC News ran a scroll on its website declaring “Obama bin Laden Dead”. Diane Sawyer’s “World News” blog reported that ‘OBAMA WILL BE BURIED AT SEA”.

“Geraldo Rivera said “Obama is dead” on Fox News before correcting himself.

“An anchor for Fox’s Sacramento, Calif., affiliate declared on air: “President Obama speaking from the East Room of the White House, telling the nation and the world President Obama is, in fact, dead.”

“After mocking Fox for that error, Keith Olbermann tweeted, “Mr. Bush personally de-prioritized the hunt for Obama.”

I have not read a lot about Schieffer’s little faux pas; so I can’t say if anybody in the media reminded us of the first and best one of all. The late Ted Kennedy referred to then-Senator Obama as Osama Obama.

Judi tops it off with the best one yet:

The last word here belongs to CFP letter writer Dan, who wrote today: It’s “Obama’s bin lyin’”.

I prefer “Lying sack of shit” but I grudgingly admit Dan the letter-writer deserves a Pulitzer for defining Hussein in three words.

It’s not “Obama-uh-bin Laden” but “Obama’s bin Lyin’”
Judi McLeod Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It’s not “Obama-uh-bin Laden” but “Obama’s bin Lyin’”

Last edited:
1. Romney is a UN-loving Internationalist phoney. There is not a whit of difference between him and Hussein in foreign policy.

I'm inclined to agree with you on that observation.

I'm inclined to agree with you on that observation.

To editec: Do you also agree with this?

If Romney was different than Hussein he would have warned the American people that Hussein will start more touchy-feely wars if he gets a second term. Ultimately, the US military will end up fighting touchy-feely wars for the United Nations. That has been the foreign policy goal all along.

Forum List

Back