Let's look at the real Cuban helathcare
Free Healthcare? |

The Myth of Cuban Health Care

SEPARATE AND UNEQUAL

To be sure, there is excellent health care on Cuba — just not for ordinary Cubans. Dr. Jaime Suchlicki of the University of Miami’s Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American Studies explains that there is not just one system, or even two: There are three. The first is for foreigners who come to Cuba specifically for medical care. This is known as “medical tourism.” The tourists pay in hard currency, which provides oxygen to the regime. And the facilities in which they are treated are First World: clean, well supplied, state-of-the-art.

The foreigners-only facilities do a big business in what you might call vanity treatments: Botox, liposuction, and breast implants. Remember, too, that there are many separate, or segregated, facilities on Cuba. People speak of “tourism apartheid.” For example, there are separate hotels, separate beaches, separate restaurants — separate everything. As you can well imagine, this causes widespread resentment in the general population.

The second health-care system is for Cuban elites — the Party, the military, official artists and writers, and so on. In the Soviet Union, these people were called the “nomenklatura.” And their system, like the one for medical tourists, is top-notch.

Then there is the real Cuban system, the one that ordinary people must use — and it is wretched. Testimony and documentation on the subject are vast. Hospitals and clinics are crumbling. Conditions are so unsanitary, patients may be better off at home, whatever home is. If they do have to go to the hospital, they must bring their own bedsheets, soap, towels, food, light bulbs — even toilet paper. And basic medications are scarce. In Sicko, even sophisticated medications are plentiful and cheap. In the real Cuba, finding an aspirin can be a chore. And an antibiotic will fetch a fortune on the black market.

A nurse spoke to Isabel Vincent of Canada’s National Post. “We have nothing,” said the nurse. “I haven’t seen aspirin in a Cuban store here for more than a year. If you have any pills in your purse, I’ll take them. Even if they have passed their expiry date.”

The equipment that doctors have to work with is either antiquated or nonexistent. Doctors have been known to reuse latex gloves — there is no choice. When they travel to the island, on errands of mercy, American doctors make sure to take as much equipment and as many supplies as they can carry. One told the Associated Press, “The [Cuban] doctors are pretty well trained, but they have nothing to work with. It’s like operating with knives and spoons.”

Only available to the elite.
well it is because we actually have health care

you know things like motorized ambulances unlike what an average Cuban gets

pictured here

dynamic_resize
More propaganda. Go back and read some actual history.

https://upload.w
Cuba_ambulance.JPG
yup
This is from 2004.

There are 35 coordinating centers, serving 169 municipalities, and ambulances are activated and deployed by the designated community healthcare provider when a medical condition requires transport and further stabilization. The SIUM operates 600 basic ambulances, as well as 38 intermediate and 38 intensive care units, most of which are located in the capital city of Havana. That's 12 years ago.
Prehospital Cardiac Care Cuban Style | EMSWorld.com

Keep up the propaganda.

All wrong. Byonce and JZ said Castro is cool so he is cool.

Yep. You know they all grew up there, ya know, as the underprivileged, but with the world's best health care, where you even get to bring your own blanket and sheets to the hospital, if you are lucky, and get to even supply your own meds and light bulbs! Oh, but you really get lucky if you remember latex gloves, so they are fresh rather than used.for the nurses and if lucky, by a doc, if there is one! -Such marvelous world renowned facilities, ya know.

And it is so great even in the top tier, Fidel traveled to Spain for his!
lol
Let's look at the real Cuban helathcare
Free Healthcare? |

The Myth of Cuban Health Care

SEPARATE AND UNEQUAL

To be sure, there is excellent health care on Cuba — just not for ordinary Cubans. Dr. Jaime Suchlicki of the University of Miami’s Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American Studies explains that there is not just one system, or even two: There are three. The first is for foreigners who come to Cuba specifically for medical care. This is known as “medical tourism.” The tourists pay in hard currency, which provides oxygen to the regime. And the facilities in which they are treated are First World: clean, well supplied, state-of-the-art.

The foreigners-only facilities do a big business in what you might call vanity treatments: Botox, liposuction, and breast implants. Remember, too, that there are many separate, or segregated, facilities on Cuba. People speak of “tourism apartheid.” For example, there are separate hotels, separate beaches, separate restaurants — separate everything. As you can well imagine, this causes widespread resentment in the general population.

The second health-care system is for Cuban elites — the Party, the military, official artists and writers, and so on. In the Soviet Union, these people were called the “nomenklatura.” And their system, like the one for medical tourists, is top-notch.

Then there is the real Cuban system, the one that ordinary people must use — and it is wretched. Testimony and documentation on the subject are vast. Hospitals and clinics are crumbling. Conditions are so unsanitary, patients may be better off at home, whatever home is. If they do have to go to the hospital, they must bring their own bedsheets, soap, towels, food, light bulbs — even toilet paper. And basic medications are scarce. In Sicko, even sophisticated medications are plentiful and cheap. In the real Cuba, finding an aspirin can be a chore. And an antibiotic will fetch a fortune on the black market.

A nurse spoke to Isabel Vincent of Canada’s National Post. “We have nothing,” said the nurse. “I haven’t seen aspirin in a Cuban store here for more than a year. If you have any pills in your purse, I’ll take them. Even if they have passed their expiry date.”

The equipment that doctors have to work with is either antiquated or nonexistent. Doctors have been known to reuse latex gloves — there is no choice. When they travel to the island, on errands of mercy, American doctors make sure to take as much equipment and as many supplies as they can carry. One told the Associated Press, “The [Cuban] doctors are pretty well trained, but they have nothing to work with. It’s like operating with knives and spoons.”

Only available to the elite.
More propaganda. Go back and read some actual history.

https://upload.w
Cuba_ambulance.JPG
yup
This is from 2004.

There are 35 coordinating centers, serving 169 municipalities, and ambulances are activated and deployed by the designated community healthcare provider when a medical condition requires transport and further stabilization. The SIUM operates 600 basic ambulances, as well as 38 intermediate and 38 intensive care units, most of which are located in the capital city of Havana. That's 12 years ago.
Prehospital Cardiac Care Cuban Style | EMSWorld.com

Keep up the propaganda.

All wrong. Byonce and JZ said Castro is cool so he is cool.

But his revolution had started. Maybe you should research multiple sources rather than believe simply what ,you are fed.
And you failed to mention Castro kidnapped,and held 30 US seamen, and additional US civilians, held them for over 3 weeks, threatened US companies in Cuba for financial support, closed down water supplies, etc. in 1958, prior to this statement. You also failed to add the part where -if neccessary- was used. You are a red commie and your kind is not welcome here in the US.

0918.png
What are you talking about. Please provide evidence of this and Castro was not in power in 1958.
You made a claim, back it up. I have researched Cuba/US relations more than anyone on this forum.

Bullshit. You haven't researched anything. You are a commie troll.
But his revolution had started. Maybe you should research multiple sources rather than believe simply what ,you are fed.
And you failed to mention Castro kidnapped,and held 30 US seamen, and additional US civilians, held them for over 3 weeks, threatened US companies in Cuba for financial support, closed down water supplies, etc. in 1958, prior to this statement. You also failed to add the part where -if neccessary- was used. You are a red commie and your kind is not welcome here in the US.

0918.png
What are you talking about. Please provide evidence of this and Castro was not in power in 1958.
You made a claim, back it up. I have researched Cuba/US relations more than anyone on this forum.

Every single president of the US during Castro's time has way more blood on their hands. Not even comparable. So stop using terms like tyrant unless you are speaking of the likes of Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy...etc.
Hell yes we have blood on our hands. Our enemies blood. Fuck them. Castro has his own citizens blood on his hands. Evidently you're too stupid to appreciate the difference.
Does your country not have the death penalty in some states? Would that be considered killing your own citizens. I don't agree with Castro killing anyone but those he did where the ones that took up arms against him and the murderers that did the bidding for Batista.

0918.png
Let see. I called you out on your made up lie and now you call me names. You must be a professional debater.

Every single president of the US during Castro's time has way more blood on their hands. Not even comparable. So stop using terms like tyrant unless you are speaking of the likes of Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy...etc.
Hell yes we have blood on our hands. Our enemies blood. Fuck them. Castro has his own citizens blood on his hands. Evidently you're too stupid to appreciate the difference.
Does your country not have the death penalty in some states? Would that be considered killing your own citizens. I don't agree with Castro killing anyone but those he did where the ones that took up arms against him and the murderers that did the bidding for Batista.

There were many that died and didn't take up arms against Castro, Castro didn't care. There were those that got on homemade boats and other vessels, just wanting to leave the oppressive country and he rammed them with his steel boats, killing the passengers.

You gloss over many of his atrocities.

0918.png
Let see. I called you out on your made up lie and now you call me names. You must be a professional debater.
Didn't you know that?

No, it is I that called you out. You just choose to ignore it, and pretend it was you, hoping others will be fooled. I have posted links which you ignore, and still blabber.
And I should have added one other thing to my last post to you, you are a commie that professes to know it is best, yet have never lived as a 'true peasant' under a true commie system yourself.

0918.png

BS, dupes. We've supported many worse dictators. He wasn't a terrorist, he was a revolutionary, and actually killed relatively few. We forced him into the arms of the USSR. GD Cold War stupidity.
Castro was a murderous animal who killed thousands of his own people. ...
You are confusing Fidel Castro with the American-backed dictator, Bautista.
I was in the Army and went to Lebanon during the Lebanese Crisis in 1958 for a month. I was on a troop ship anchored off Havana for three days in 1961 at the start of the Cuban Crisis. In Feb '62 I was in the 4th ID and went to Berlin in Feb '62 during the Berlin Crisis. Castro wasn't involved in the Lebanese Crisis but he sure as hell was in the other two. In 1959 Castro won his revolution. I wrote earlier in this thread about how the Americans were involved and how Castro went from becoming a folk hero freedom fighter to becoming one of the most hated murderous dictators in the world. When he died they should have thrown him in a hog pen. There's no confusion about it except Liberals love and worship evil.
There has not been a right-wing murderous dictator in Latin America who was not loved by the United States government.

There were many that died and didn't take up arms against Castro, Castro didn't care. There were those that got on homemade boats and other vessels, just wanting to leave the oppressive country and he rammed them with his steel boats, killing the passengers.

You gloss over many of his atrocities.

folks like that need too gloss it over

BS, dupes. We've supported many worse dictators. He wasn't a terrorist, he was a revolutionary, and actually killed relatively few. We forced him into the arms of the USSR. GD Cold War stupidity.
I was in the Army and went to Lebanon during the Lebanese Crisis in 1958 for a month. I was on a troop ship anchored off Havana for three days in 1961 at the start of the Cuban Crisis. In Feb '62 I was in the 4th ID and went to Berlin in Feb '62 during the Berlin Crisis. Castro wasn't involved in the Lebanese Crisis but he sure as hell was in the other two. In 1959 Castro won his revolution. I wrote earlier in this thread about how the Americans were involved and how Castro went from becoming a folk hero freedom fighter to becoming one of the most hated murderous dictators in the world. When he died they should have thrown him in a hog pen. There's no confusion about it except Liberals love and worship evil.
There has not been a right-wing murderous dictator in Latin America who was not loved by the United States government.
You're correct. We loved Noriega so much we kept him locked up.

FINALLY, after he acted up. LOL. And only under "RINO" Boooosh. GOP policy has been a disgrace FOREVER.

The left claims to love gays, yet love Castro who had them put to death. However he is a good guy for human rights.

FINALLY, after he acted up. LOL. And only under "RINO" Boooosh. GOP policy has been a disgrace FOREVER.
bullshit-i-smell.jpg

bullshit-i-smell.jpg
Not surprising, dupe. You're nose deep in it.

Forum List

Back