What is more ridiculous and how everyone on the right believes what is said about Castro. It is common knowledge America initialized a psywar on Cuba by way of blatant propaganda. The documents became declassified years ago. Yet they still go on believing everything that is spoon fed to them.
Psywar on Cuba
Oh, goody goody! Then Fidel didn't confiscate any American property, holdings and bank accounts? That's good news. Even the Mafia will be relieved to know that.
When Castro nationalized the country he offered compensation to all land and company owners. The compensation was based on the current tax rates. Since the US was getting a sweet deal on their taxes because their puppet Batista was in power they were not offered as much as other land owners and companies. The US even contacted people from other countries and told them to refuse any offer. The owners from other countries took their compensation while the Americans held out. The largest company in Cuba was the United Fruit Company owned by John Dulles. His brother Allen was the head of the CIA and he also sat on the board of the United Fruit Company. Now put the pieces together and you'll see why Castro has been regarded with such animosity. Please read all the links I provided. If you are interested in finding the truth.
Any explanation that any dissidents had their wealth and property stripped from them before they were jailed or executed.
About your links, I've known quite a few Cubans who escaped Cuba and I believe their accounts before I believe any party propaganda. I also would remind you of the accounts by the parents of Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz.
Party propaganda? My links are sourced from actual declassified documents. The documents are in large part of the propaganda and Psywar implemented by the US against Cuba. You are kind of missing the whole point.
You have been thoroughly brainwashed, amigo.
People sometimes accuse others of what they themselves are guilty of.

Oh, goody goody! Then Fidel didn't confiscate any American property, holdings and bank accounts? That's good news. Even the Mafia will be relieved to know that.
When Castro nationalized the country he offered compensation to all land and company owners. The compensation was based on the current tax rates. Since the US was getting a sweet deal on their taxes because their puppet Batista was in power they were not offered as much as other land owners and companies. The US even contacted people from other countries and told them to refuse any offer. The owners from other countries took their compensation while the Americans held out. The largest company in Cuba was the United Fruit Company owned by John Dulles. His brother Allen was the head of the CIA and he also sat on the board of the United Fruit Company. Now put the pieces together and you'll see why Castro has been regarded with such animosity. Please read all the links I provided. If you are interested in finding the truth.
Any explanation that any dissidents had their wealth and property stripped from them before they were jailed or executed.
About your links, I've known quite a few Cubans who escaped Cuba and I believe their accounts before I believe any party propaganda. I also would remind you of the accounts by the parents of Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz.
Party propaganda? My links are sourced from actual declassified documents. The documents are in large part of the propaganda and Psywar implemented by the US against Cuba. You are kind of missing the whole point.
An old saw: Denial is not a river in Egypt.

People often take sides with a brutal dictator because they can't face up to the fact a person could be so brutal as to imprison and kill his own people.

Dismiss a lot of his brutality however the part that defines him for me is the ramming of boats of those that were leaving.

If only I had a fraction of your wit. (sigh)*

Cuba's Fidel Castro, former president, dies aged 90 - BBC News

Fidel Castro, Cuba's former president and leader of the Communist revolution, has died aged 90, state TV has announced.

It provided no further details.

Fidel Castro ruled Cuba as a one-party state for almost half a century before handing over the powers to his brother Raul in 2008.

His supporters praised him as a man who had given Cuba back to the people. But his opponents accused him of brutally suppressing opposition.

In April, Fidel Castro gave a rare speech on the final day of the country's Communist Party congress.

He acknowledged his advanced age but said Cuban communist concepts were still valid and the Cuban people "will be victorious".

Damn. Now we need to find a new world leader to hate for some reason. Who's running things in Canada right now?

Assad, Putin, The Filipino President, Trump but what the fuck has Canada ever done to you!?!

Sure most of our women are fugly!:50:

Sure our Whiskey is like our women and nasty as can be!:ack-1:

Alright we have given you Justin Bieber, Ryan Reynolds and Nickleback!:9:

Alright, now I know why so much hate especially considering my people consider Curling as a fucking Olympic Sport!:lame2:

But still there are other Countries to hate on instead of the Sissy Cousin of the North!:gay:

:piss2:( You're welcome for the retarded rant I have shared with you! ):muahaha:

You do, Clarabelle. By trying to convince yourself that Cuba has been Heaven on Earth since The Revolucion.

If you only had a fraction of his IQ!

Yep, that has been my point. Too many have left and told their stories.
You do not truly expect to get an objective opinion from a Cuban living in Florida now, would you?

And I don't expect to get an objective opinion from the left wingnuts, the guy was brutal to many rammed boats of Cubans trying to leave his country, imprisoned those that disagreed with him, fed his people and the world propaganda to support his regime. Killed thousands of Cubans.

You go ahead and love the guy, I don't.
As fot the boat ramming that killed those on board, Castro claims it was an accident. I don't know I wasn't there. So far to date there have been 2 incidents of boat ramming. He has not imprisoned anyone for disagreeing with him. He imprisons anyone who has contact with known terrorist organizations against Cuba. I'm not for the death penalty for any country but I find it amusing that people like you think everyone Castro killed was for political reasons yet those who were killed in your own country were criminals. As for how many of his own people were killed, I've seen number ranging from 1200 to 35,000. When the gap is that large you know their is some politically motivated dishonesty there. One researcher added the numbers of lives lost (on both sides) of the Bay Of Pigs invasion. That's like saying Roosevelt was responsible for the lives lost at Pearl Harbour, even the Japanese.

Fidel Castro hailed at UN as iconic leader of 20th century
Source: Associated Press

Edith M. Lederer, Associated Press
Updated 5:13 pm, Tuesday, December 20, 2016

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The president of the U.N. General Assembly called Fidel Castro "one of the 20th century's most iconic and influential leaders" at a memorial tribute Tuesday to the late commander of the Cuban revolution who led his country for nearly 50 years.

Peter Thompson told the ceremony in the assembly chamber that for many people Castro "embodied the struggle of the global south for independence, justice and development."

He said Castro's "activism in pursuit of a fairer and more just world made him a symbol of resistance and inspiration to people across the world in Latin America, Africa and beyond."

Nearly 30 representatives of various groups and countries lauded Castro, who died Nov. 25 at the age of 90. But there were no speakers from Western nations.

Read more: Fidel Castro hailed at UN as iconic leader of 20th century

You do, Clarabelle. By trying to convince yourself that Cuba has been Heaven on Earth since The Revolucion.
So, we refuse to trade with a tiny island nation and otherwise assault them economically, and they don't do well.

Duh!

If we had wanted to change Cuba, we would have opened trade with them.

People often take sides

Outgoing U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called Castro "one of the most important Latin American leaders of the 20th century" and "the most influential shaper of Cuban history since his own hero, Jose Marti, struggled for Cuban independence in the late 19th century."

Castro left "a major imprint on his country and global politics," Ban said in remarks read by Assistant Secretary-General for Political Affairs Miroslav Jenca. "Until his last days he was deeply concerned about the future of humanity and the challenges of our times.".....
Speaker after speaker lauded Castro for providing Cubans with free health care and education, and for bringing Cuba's illiteracy and infant mortality rates to among the lowest in the world.

People often take sides

Outgoing U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called Castro "one of the most important Latin American leaders of the 20th century" and "the most influential shaper of Cuban history since his own hero, Jose Marti, struggled for Cuban independence in the late 19th century."

Castro left "a major imprint on his country and global politics," Ban said in remarks read by Assistant Secretary-General for Political Affairs Miroslav Jenca. "Until his last days he was deeply concerned about the future of humanity and the challenges of our times.".....
Speaker after speaker lauded Castro for providing Cubans with free health care and education, and for bringing Cuba's illiteracy and infant mortality rates to among the lowest in the world.

Yawn!

Yep, that has been my point. Too many have left and told their stories.
You do not truly expect to get an objective opinion from a Cuban living in Florida now, would you?

And I don't expect to get an objective opinion from the left wingnuts, the guy was brutal to many rammed boats of Cubans trying to leave his country, imprisoned those that disagreed with him, fed his people and the world propaganda to support his regime. Killed thousands of Cubans.

You go ahead and love the guy, I don't.
As fot the boat ramming that killed those on board, Castro claims it was an accident. I don't know I wasn't there. So far to date there have been 2 incidents of boat ramming. He has not imprisoned anyone for disagreeing with him. He imprisons anyone who has contact with known terrorist organizations against Cuba. I'm not for the death penalty for any country but I find it amusing that people like you think everyone Castro killed was for political reasons yet those who were killed in your own country were criminals. As for how many of his own people were killed, I've seen number ranging from 1200 to 35,000. When the gap is that large you know their is some politically motivated dishonesty there. One researcher added the numbers of lives lost (on both sides) of the Bay Of Pigs invasion. That's like saying Roosevelt was responsible for the lives lost at Pearl Harbour, even the Japanese.

Are you not a Marxist loving fag in there somewhere?

Forum List

Back